New troll that needs abolished!!!

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21236
Past few days he has been.....quite annoying.

Upload

Again member mods would eliminate this......................

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12407
I agree. Iit seems very clear his intent is nothing less than to disrupt members who are seeking the real intent of this site and he has posted 176 posts in the subwoofer section since joining 2 days ago.

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1156
x2 and you guys called me a post whore on J designs...

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 125
i agree this kid is annoyin as f*ck, im pretty new to the audio game myself 1 year or so since i got my first system. on my 3rd system now. i like to come here and find out wats quality and good equiptment i can use in my system. ive learned alot on here, quite addicted to bass myself now. the last 3 days tops, ive seen on every thread i look at this d bag is suggestin useless advice and talkin up sony non stop on every thread. and paul this kid has been more than quite annoying

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4150
I agree too! He is very annoying and all he does is post useless things that have nothing to do with car audio.

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 2018
U mad?
Kidding. The guy seems to know about audio because some of the stuff he is posting is so backward that you can tell he is doing it to get a rise out of you.

If it was April fools day I would guess he is one of your own.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4152
This is ridiculous.... Why would anyone even want to go on here anymore if all that guy does it post like this.... You really need to do something about it. Put a post limit per day on him or something lol.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/stavenmist/asdfadsfasdf.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/stavenmist/3edsw.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/stavenmist/asdfadsfadsfadf.jpg

That's all from the subwoofer section from today alone..

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1194
In every thread he post just ignore and carry on your conversation as if he wasn't even around.

Steve you going to come over when i finally get my system hooked up?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2021
He is gone as of 2:30 ET

Gold Member

Post Number: 2024
Spoke too soon. I vote him off the Island.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21266
Apparently his sippy cup needed refilled.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12448
LOL

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 887
is he gone for good? i hope!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2031
Paul check out the sat section...
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/594128.html#POST1785786

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21268
Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in............

Nah our boy hasn't left. Curious though, Brian took the time to delete all the pics in that one thread but lets the troll survive.

Now why would he do that????????????????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Gold Member

Post Number: 2038
My God!!! Could Brian be Willam Robert Joseph Smith Jr ?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21270
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/49.html

At this point no matter the agenda he has made this forum and its' admin look completely ridiculous. Be it a troll from ca.com or other competitor sites or an inside joke, he is allowed to dismantle this place.

The intelligent community here is, as always, baffled by the lack of action taken against imbeciles like this.

I just don't get it.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4462
Paul
Yo don't wanna mess with Billy Bob III
I'm willing to trade him for grayson in our Satellite forum

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4155
Yeah I'll have to do that, Matt. What are you putting in?

Bronze Member
Username: Last__supper

Nazerith , Isreal

Post Number: 13
Stavenmist your the troll

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21296
From the net:

"What Is A Troll?

The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.
Why do trolls do it?

I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).

Troll - Angler or Underbridge Dweller?

How can troll posts be recognised?

* No Imagination - Most are frighteningly obvious; sexist comments on nurses' groups, blasphemy on religious groups .. I kid you not.
* Pedantic in the Extreme - Many trolls' preparation is so thorough, that while they waste time, they appear so ludicrous from the start that they elicit sympathetic mail - the danger is that once the group takes sides, the damage is done.
* False Identity - Because they are cowards, trolls virtually never write over their own name, and often reveal their trolliness (and lack of imagination) in the chosen ID. As so many folk these days use false ID, this is not a strong indicator on its own!
* Crossposting - Any post that is crossposted to several groups should be viewed as suspicious, particularly if unrelated or of opposing perspective. Why would someone do that?
* Off-topic posting - Often genuine errors, but, if from an 'outsider' they deserve matter-of-fact response; if genuine, a brief apposite response is simply netiquette; if it's a troll post, you have denied it its reward.
* Repetition of a question or statement is either a troll - or a pedant; either way, treatment as a troll is effective.
* Missing The Point - Trolls rarely answer a direct question - they cannot, if asked to justify their twaddle - so they develop a fine line in missing the point.
* Thick or Sad - Trolls are usually sad, lonely folk, with few social skills; they rarely make what most people would consider intelligent conversation. However, they frequently have an obsession with their IQ and feel the need to tell everyone. This is so frequent, that it is diagnostic! Somewhere on the web there must be an Intelligence Test for Trolls - rigged to always say "above 150"

Who is at risk?

Any newsgroup, bulletin board, forum or chatroom can attract trolls, but they don't have the brains to attack nuclear physicists, and they are drawn to the quick response where sex, religion and race are found; so politics is easy prey.

One troll famously tried to infiltrate a mensa group; the results read like 100 trolls and one regular, it didn't have a chance - but it was stupid enough to persist until removed.

When Should You Be Concerned?

Usually, no, though fractured funny bones and occasional waves of nausea have been reported.

When a troll become persistent and personal, you may need to consider the possibility that it has fermented into an Internet Stalker - equally pathetic, if not more so - but sometimes requiring weedkiller."

"The term 'Internet troll', originated in a comparison with the angler who 'trolled' a trailing bait to catch a fish. But for non-anglers, the mental image of a troll is the slabby, thick, moss-laded creature of Scandinavian folk lore, further popularised by Terry Pratchett in the Discworld novels, and J. K. Rowling in the Harry Potter books. This sad figure of fun lived under bridges and stratles the unwary, but is easily outsmarted by anyone with any intelligence, or a small dog.

The truth is somewhere between the two.
Habitat

The Internet doesn't have ancient slimey stone bridges, but trolls lurk around in quiet corners of the internet; while they can pop up almost anywhere, they thrive in distant relatively uninhabited corners.

Social Interaction

Trolls don't have friends. On the internet, because they interact with human beings, they can convince themselves that they are important, the centre of the universe - that, to them, is better than any friendship. Don't foget, the troll thinks he is always right, and therefore better than other folk. In real life, exactly the opposite applies. the troll has no friends and virtually no interaction with other people.

If he's a teen (many are), then he lives in his bedroom, trolling, playong computer games with 'friends' (who he doesn't know at all), and joining roleplay sites, where - of course - he is a hero, or a powerful villain, who is respected in an inverse ratio to the respect he feels for himself.

If he's an adult, then he has serious social issues. He may work, where people think he's a weirdo, and avoid him, he may sponge off his parents or be 'looking for work', which means he blames everyone for his problems. Except himself.

Most people who are out of work are nothing like the stereotype; most want to work, and gain their self respect through work and being part of the world; but the troll IS the stereotype whining scrounger, to whom the world owes a living.

Sex Life

Almost every troll is male; I don't know why this is.

The troll has few social skills, and most have never had a girlfriend, many never will.

There's a clear pattern among trolls; they are much more likely to ignore posts known to be from women. And when they do respond to women, they are much more likely to be brief, abusive, condescending and patronising.

This is almost certainly more due to fear than misogyny - they just don't know any women. Except Mom. But their attitude rather reduces their chances of reproducing, which is probably a good thing.

Mental Health

It would be easy to dismiss trolls as mentally ill. Easy and wrong. Most would not score significantly on mental illness assessments. But most are simply immature. Fair enough in a teenager, and they have a chance of growing out of it (though the longer they leave it, the harder they may find it to break the habit). But in adults, it's simply sad.

Once upon a time, they would have been called 'inadequate psychopaths'; attention seeking loners, forever feeling sorry for themselves, but too bone idle to lift themselves out of their self-selected mire. Some live in a fantasy world, and find it hard to concentrate on real life; they can't make eye contact, and will say just about anything, frequently contradicting a previous statement.

Intelligence

Most trolls are pretty thick. Let's face it, it doesn'ttake much intelligence to sus out that the troll life is a pretty pathetic one, and given the choice, even a gerbil would choose a more rewarding lifestyle.
Technique

You don't have to be highly intelligent to be an angler, though some would say that it's difficult to be a successful angler without intelligence. Trolls have all the basic skills, and some are successful, though this is often due to negligence by their victims.

Bait

Trolls lay a variety of baits. The real idiots go for single lines, such as religious bigotry in religious groups, overt misogynism in nurses' groups, and mind blowing subtly, such as "BILL GATES SUCKS" in microsoft support groups. Darwin tells us that if they get a response at that level, then why would they bother to expend what little brain power they have on a better post?

If basic bait fails, then the troll may use a variety of techniques, from sheer twaddle to mild insults, from a controversial view to completely irrelevant questions. Anything to get a response. The human flaw in a troll is a failure to tell the diference between "any response" and "approval". So insulting them merely encourages them. Invariably.
Playing the Fish

The skilled troll will then focus on a key responder; possibly the rudest, possibly not - but the one the troll thinks is most likley to keep responding. At this stage, other responders may be ignored. But if the original target drops out, then troll may turn to others. few trolls bother to play more than one sucker at a time. They can always come back later.

Tickling the Trout

Experienced trolls do not respond at random. Once they have a sucker in their sites, they control the conversation. One post may elicit a long, detailed and perfectly reasonable response, but that is not what the troll wants. So they'll often complete ignore the main argument (which they started!), and focus on one careless detail - a date wrong, a misspelling ofr their next attack. And then the same trick again. And again, so long as the sucker responds.

Explosives

When all else fails, the troll will do just what lazy anglers do: they'll drop explosives in the water, clean up and go home. The failed troll can be very abusive indeed.

Weaknesses

Trolls have no life, no power; but by manipulating others, even if for just a couple of exchanges, they have control.

If they can catch an acknowledged expert, so much the better for them.

There's no need ever to get caught by a troll, though it is amusing to see Mensa members frothing at the mouth.

Exploit their weaknesses, as they'd exploit yours.

Attention Need

Trolls are nothing without attention, just a monster under the bed. While the first post may be camoflaged, it really doesn't take rocket science to identify an active troll. The best response from fellow members of the group is simply to ignore it. And the best response from moderators is to delete their membership; quickly and cleanly, with no negotiation or second chance. The group is more important than one idiot.

Socially Inept

Trolls have no self respect and low self esteem, and cannot cope with normal human interaction; start with a bit of flattery, and they may be stuck for a response. Even if they recover, they will not able to react appropriately, which should convince everyone of their trollism.

Trolls foucus on their target, not the issue; additonally, most trolls can only pick on one person at a time. This leaves them wide open to paralysis when you talk about them, but not to them."

Yeah how many members here fit this bill?

Think about it.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4166
Bet you 100 dollars that not one person on this forum read any of that post^ lol

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12538
I read it all just now. You lose. haha

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21325
I see it as a disorder. Sometimes a potentially dangerous one. Their lack of self control can lead to criminal activity when left untreated. At some point it crosses the line of simple childish behavior and becomes something more troublesome to themselves. We've all seen the screaming kids in stores with their parents flat out ignoring them. It forces the child to scream louder and louder starting a cycle that ultimately ends in disaster for the poor bast4rd in life. They feel their parents have ignored them all their lives, their friends and society as well. Becoming the outcast turns into a full time job. Soon they believe there is nothing left but to scream in the only fashion they have left.

Welcome the internet troll.

With every response they feel a part of something. Needing to be acknowledged in even such a hated way. Hated or loved, someone is talking to them finally.

As always it's easier to destroy than create.

Username: Admin

Post Number: 6423
That user has been banned and most of their posts removed.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2789
Awesome!!! Thank you Mr. Admin!

Also I would like to apologize for my post whoring earlier.

Bronze Member
Username: Josejesusjuanthe6th

South texas

Post Number: 22
My boy Will just got banned.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 130
^^^ It didnt work! Hes like a nat at a bbq that wont go away!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21327
You need to ban the IP address.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums