Really annoying problem

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6796
The ad in the first post, it really needs to go, thats the most annoying thing i've ever seen on this forum.

The ads between posts are not so bad I have seen those on other forums as well.

Everyone who agrees post here.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1137
what happened to E, it seems fuked up? earlier i try posting and it said cannot take this action due to maintenance in progress or something, but that ad is really annoying.

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 884
I agree these ads suck

GET THEM OUT OF HERE!

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19369
change it back please. although the fonts seem a bit better.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 482
change backkkkkkk.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Clarion Hert...

Post Number: 2463
If you want to keep your senior members change it back.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7338
This forum is getting to be terrible, even worse than it already was. My computer here at work is seeing extreme lag with all the pictures and ads. Please change it back, this is ridiculous.

Gold Member
Username: Dude123

Post Number: 2127
no adds please its too distracting....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2127
no adds please its too distracting....

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2540
At least get rid of the ads in the first post. Its Bush League.

Is there not a better place?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8447
please chande ecoustics back to the way it was...its very distracting...is ecoustics in financial trouble or something that they need to add all these ads

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8448
please change ecoustics back to the way it was...its very distracting...is ecoustics in financial trouble or something that they need to add all these ads

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 589
i like it except for the ads get them out of here.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7835
instead of that cr@ppy shyt should of put avatars or a signature

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4753
Yeah the first post ad is a little ridiculous... reminds me of Ricky Bobby selling his windshield to Fig Newton in Talladega Nights.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1673
Oi, why have you forsaken me. Ad in fist post is lame.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

I will not b...

Post Number: 2102
As if it is not bad enough with all the garbage bashing threads,this site is getting terrible,
i don't see and good posts any more,constant bashing,no mods ,its getting a wild site just to drive traffic higher

Username: Admin

Post Number: 3544
I realize the first post ad has caused major outrage. I will definitely try to address the situation promptly.

Although I have seen first post ads on other forums, I suspect our ad might seem more annoying because it narrows the first post area for text too much.

Also, it seems that the vertical ads in the right column are easily tolerated?

To resolve a very delicate situation there a few things we can try:
  1. Remove the entire right column of ads, which would widen the posting area, possibly making the first post ad appear less intrusive?
  2. Place the first post ad above the forum, so it will never intrude on the first post?
  3. Remove the first post ad entirely?
Please be patient while we address these changes. All of your feedback is welcome.

I will test these scenarios out in this topic and keep you all updated when we make a change, which will be very soon.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14595
Just change the site name to SPAMCOUSTICS....lol

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1690
Pic wars are always entertaining.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4759
get rid of the first post ad entirely and allow A COUPLE of the users to be mods. Give them the powers to ONLY delete threads breaking rules, move off-topic threads, and possily ban users who are spamming or consistently breaking the rules. I mean people who spend so much time here should be ALLOWED to help make this place better. Having basically no say, minus crying to you, in what goes on daily is terrible. If someone made a forum with CA.com's features and database then I guarantee this would be the last straw with many people. This place has become ridiculous.

Silver Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 476
Dear Admin,

Please remove these useless ads. Threads already took awhile to load on my computer due to numerous viruses I obtained while roaming random p0rn sites hours on end. Now with all this crap it takes almost a minute for a thread to load. Please go back to your old format, but keep the member colors, those are cool.

Sincerely,
Mark Fantini

P.S. Blackmail: If you do not go back to the old eCoustics I will unleash my entire p0rn collection onto this site before I leave as a last hooray.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict PS3 Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2308
"reminds me of Ricky Bobby selling his windshield to Fig Newton in Talladega Nights"

lmfao. nice one Reece.

yeah i like the font changes made, but the ads just went overboard. putting one inside a persons post is just BS. outside or in between is fine. i also agree we should have at least a handful of selected mods to perform upkeep in the place. this forum would be much, much better.

oh, admin, i vote 2, then 3.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict ... Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2312
i'd LOVE to see a reputation system on here btw

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14882
Yes the ads on the right are of little annoyance compared to the first post ones. Was this an attempt to place ads where ppl who block ads are forced to see them? They might increase hit rates being where they are but it's doing more damage than good here.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6805
Option 2 or 3 would be fine thank you.

Some people don't understand that ads are necessary on a free site. But the one in the first post is mad annoying.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2129
This Suxxx....

Post Number: 3546
As you can now see in this topic, I am testing out how it would look if the ad was moved above the first post.

It's still a work in progress, but I wanted to let you know that work is currently being done.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14925
For me it's still under the first post.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2131
I see it in first and every 7th post in every thread..

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6827
Thats much better thank you.

Now if that could be implemented for the entire forum.

Post Number: 3547
Yes, the "Relevant Product Info" box is still under the first post. I currently just moved the ad that was within the first post above the entire thread.

I don't think it looks good right now either, but I will continue testing other placements.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Canada

Post Number: 194
yeah same here

Post Number: 3548
A quick refresh of this page should show that the login panel has been moved to the right column, and the entire forum appears narrower (like the rest of the site, not the current forums).

Also, the ad above and in the first post should be removed.

On most browsers when you hold down the <shift> key and click refresh, it forces the page to be completely reloaded from our server. Otherwise the page could reload an older page from your browser cache.

The same trick can be used if you don't always see new posts right away.

Post Number: 3551
I have decide to completely remove the first post ad as the overwhelming sentiment was negative about it.

I will be up late working on this tonight, so hopefully it will be fixed by morning.

We'll have to put the board in maintenance mode (which disables new posts) while we install the update. It will likely take about 1-2 hours to completely update.

Post Number: 3557
I am putting the board in maintenance now for the update.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, USA

Post Number: 6522
Best idea....put it back the way it was....what about a cybershot camera is relevant to a Bryston CD player or DAC. Reverse all that you did and let's move on.

Bronze Member
Username: Popol_vuh

Post Number: 40
Sheesh... I can't believe what I hear... I'm much more bothered by the shear amount of squabbling and utter garbage that ends up in so many posts here than some diminutive ads that are easily contained... If you don't like it go somewhere else!

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, USA

Post Number: 2548
Rather than putting ads and (ir)relevent product info in and between posts, could you put that stuff above and below the thread? If you absolutely need the money (everyone's gotta make a living), I think its a good compromise between getting yours, and making us happy.

A lot of other forums have ads placed above and below the actual thread. Ads within the thread and posts are very distracting and take away from the flow of the conversation.

Most if not all regulars here are pretty unhappy. This could be a fair compromise.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1663
Change it back please. Its really annoying:-(

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

2008 Nissan Versa!!,

Post Number: 2318
i agree with all the ads it takes so much longer to load a page. i want to post on a forum not a billboard

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6842

quote:

I have decide to completely remove the first post ad as the overwhelming sentiment was negative about it.

Thank you it's much better now :-)

As for the ads between posts, I have seen that on several other forums and it's fairly common........ I don't think it's really that annoying either.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1176
Thanks Stu, I will have to change my profile to include "Suggestions and Feedback".

Here is another thread going in Home Audio Speakers...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/461482.html

Username: Rocket17

Post Number: 3
wow, now THATS a great moderator!

Post Number: 3576
I will be tweaking the forum, yet again tonight -- hopefully for the better.

The changes are minor, and all of them relate to the placement of ads:

1) The ad that was between the 5th & 6th posts is now farther down the page between the 9th & 10th posts (if they exist).

2) Shorter pages now only show one ad on the right near the top.

3) Longer pages will show two ads on the right side (one near the top of the page, and one near the bottom).

4) Shorter pages may include an ad in the footer.

I'll need to put the board in maintenance mode for about an hour, while we push through all the changes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us