Positioning Direct TV dish (Canada)

Username: Nothing_man13

Post Number: 1
Is there a site that tells me how to position my Direct TV dish in Canada. IE input postal code and it tells me the proper direction and angle

Satellite mom
Unregistered guest
Aim for Texas! I am near lake Ontario, so I aim away from the lake(south) and slightly to the east. I open the window and crank the volume, while I stand on the ladder and very slowly swivel it around. For my area the angle is still pretty shallow, maybe 21degrees above horizon. I don't know of a site, but would it would be handy, cause I gotta get up and move the F'ing dish next week to side the house.

Satellite mom
Unregistered guest
Aim for Texas! I am near lake Ontario, so I aim away from the lake(south) and slightly to the west. I open the window and crank the volume, while I stand on the ladder and very slowly swivel it around. For my area the angle is still pretty shallow, maybe 21degrees above horizon. I don't know of a site, but would it would be handy, cause I gotta get up and move the F'ing dish next week to side the house.

Satellite mom
Unregistered guest
sorry, double post, meant to say west the first time. Actually look at the Bev dishes in your area, the angles are pretty close and give you a starting point. Only know that cause my parents motorhome dish finds the signal itself, and kept trying to lock into the canadian dish while up here.

Username: Noobi_izzyowski

Post Number: 2
JOe
try:

[link removed]

file #22

Anonymous

Here's a great satellite pointer website.

http://www.orbitsat.com/Support/Point.htm

Unregistered guest
We have a vacation RV in Chapleau, Ontario, last year when we rented a cottage we took our directv dish and receiver with us and got everything just fine.... this year it does not work..... is it our equipment up there or can they block out the signal in Canada. The receiver works fine at home.... could something be the matter with the dish itself, or as above, are we being blocked?

CJ-voice
Unregistered guest
If all works fine at home,then it should work at vacation site..problem could only be 2 things,either the dish is NOT aligned/positioned correctly or U have bad cable connections..there is a file called "dish alignment" that is good for any satellite or geographical area..I will try to post it here,but it is at www.dsscentral.net ...file share..either utilities or other files area..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us