Vizio GV52L FHDTV10A no pict/sound

Username: Loum

Texas

Post Number: 2
Vizio 52" LCD - GV52L FHDTV10A
A couple of days ago we had a couple of lightning strikes VERY close to the house. Power was out for an hour or so. I'm sure we had a power surge. I found the GFCI in kitchen and garage were tripped, also the circuit breaker for kitchen lights was tripped. Also a couple of ac/dc power adapters no longer work. Tv system is on another circuit. Then tried to turn on TV connected to DirecTv Sat HD Receiver. TV, Sat receiver, PS3, and sound system plugged in to surge protector. Everything turned on, TV clicked, got the amber to white - but no picture or sound, there was some flicker horizontally across the top quarter where I could barely make out HDMI 2 (which is where it should have been). Then the flickering stopped and stayed all black. Looks like there is some backlighting though. Figured satellite receiver was toast. Switched with another that was working. Same indications on TV no picture and no sound.
Cannot turn off with remote or side button. Remote is non responsive other than initial turning power on. No menu, input change etc. have to unplug power cord to turn off. When power cord is plugged back in the amber light lights with the click sound.
I haven't taken the back cover off to look inside yet, just too many other things going on. AC went out (sunday) day before the lightning and finally fixed wed evening, its been hot in Texas!
Seems like this is a common problem with or without a power surge. Sometimes there is no flickering at the top, sometimes it flickers for a few seconds up to about 15-20 seconds before going dark. From what I've seen in this forum, I'm thinking possibly the main board is what needs to be replaced. I'm looking for any other suggestions or confirmation that the main board is most the likely fix. I don't think I left any symptoms out. Thanks in advance.

Username: Electronicsurplus

Johnston, RI USA

Post Number: 1
check on the main board, below the LVDS and cable which comes from the Power supply and, see if there is a Small SMD transistor labelled U33, if there is replace it and your set should work fine

Jon

Texas

Post Number: 3
Thanks Jon,
I'm not seeing anything marked U33 on the board.
Think I'll just order the entire main board and see what happens.

Texas

Post Number: 4
Received the main board from vizparts today. Swapped it out and TV is all good again. Now I need DirecTV to replace the HD Receiver...and all will be back to normal!
Thanks for all the informative posts, saved me a bunch of $$$

Username: Danomi

Post Number: 1
I'm having the same issue as original post. I see U32 on the board with all the video and audio connections on it. There a similar part that very close to it that there is so many numbers around that I don't think it's labeled

Thanks for your Help!!

Dan

Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts