Connecting HD Receiver to standard DVD/VCR and TV

Username: Maryannh55

Post Number: 1
This is for a hook up in my 1998 motorhome. I have an HD TV, an old model standared DVD/VCR player, a Directv H24 Receiver, which only has an HDMI and Audio/video cable hook up. There is a regular round cable that comes in from the back of the bedroom that used to hook up to the old standard receiver and then an S video would hook up to the tv in the front. With the new H24 receiver, I don't have a standard coax cable hookup. Any suggestions on how to make this work so I can hook up the tv in the bedroom to watch the same channels as the tv in the front of the motorhome. Is there a converter to convert the standard coax cable to the audio/video (red, white, yellow) cable so I can hook that up to the directv receiver. Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Jr_crow

Post Number: 34
Hi, Mary Ann

Converting coaxial cable to HDMI requires a powered adapter similar to an old RF modulator for converting coaxial signals. Available at electronics stores, the adapter attaches to both cables in minutes.

BTW.....are you sure your DirecTV receiver is an H24????
the H24 shows an RF fitting in the back of the receiver.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Search

Post Number: 205
Mary Ann go to directv.com click help on top right, click tech forum...this is a forum at directv that anybody can register, not even required to have an account for this particular forum

This is a forum within a forum, not to be confused with your directv on line account

You can then register anonymously if you want and ask this question under setup

Ypu will get a dozen answers from folks that really know...this is wrong place

You might be able to do something with rf modulator and even your old dvd vcr

I have that combo with my HR24

Bronze Member
Username: Code69

Post Number: 53
yu can't do anything with rf mod...do not listen to log off. he has his head up nyda hershey hi-way

Silver Member
Username: Search

Post Number: 206
I have RED WHITE YELLOW (RCA wire) from output on back of HR24, going to input on dvd/vcr, out to very old RF modulator that I found in box at garbage dump, have output from dvd/vcr to RF modulator.

In order for my SD tv in spare room to work this way, I have to have the dvd/vcr tuner on, will not work otherwise.

So when we want to use that tv, we have to make sure RF is plugged in and that DVD/VCR is turned on and in proper component mode, do same with tv outside in open gazebo

I-Beam that is exactly the reason I suggested Mary Ann go to directv tech forum, because of worthless juvenile responses from the likes of you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54

Silver Member
Username: Tommy_h

Post Number: 727

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
great stuff tom. . ; yu the man. . . go elsewhere logg off, , , yu have cheap rabbit ears

Silver Member
Username: Mememememe

Post Number: 363
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help