HLT5075SX/XAA New Bulb (Generic) Power Comes on for 1min approx. then shuts off and give the dreaded 3 blinking lights

Username: Scottyskilz

Post Number: 1
When power cord is plugged in...the TV will start up as usual and lamp will come on. Everything seems fine for about 30-60secs then the screen shuts off and i get 3 blinking lights in front. When i unplug the cord from the back (only way to shut off), I wait approx. a few mins and replug the cord back in. Now sometimes it fires up like before and other times it will not. It seems to try and start the lamp (lamp will fire up for like a split second) then shut off and it does this several times before giving 3 blinking lights again.
Help Please.

So i tried a few things to make sure it wasnt little things first before i spend any money on this tv. Reset lamp setting in menu (mute,1,8,2). I shorted the wires going to both the temp control and lamp door switch so i know it isnt those. I also powered it up without the lamp in and got the usual startup with the ballast trying to light up 3 times and then recycling. I get a chime on startup, green light on (by power supply) fans come on, i did check color wheel and it does spin...however there is a little bit of a humming noise coming from it.

Thanks for looking!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us