LG RC6821W multi-region code

Username: Mytag5

Australia

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have just purchased a LG RC6821 DVD/Video combo recorder. Can anyone please help me with an unlock code to make it multi-region. I am in Australia and have some precious Zone1 DvDs that I cant watch.
Thankyou, michael

Leb
Unregistered guest
Have you tried the method for LG RH4820?

Open Tray
Press '0' seven times

Might work...

Australia

Post Number: 2
Thanks Leb,
I tried his code several times, but to mo avail.
Thankyou for you suggestion though - it is much appreciated.
Im sure someone will come up with the code someday - till then Im stuck watching region 4.
Thanks again.
Michael

Username: Cooper1423

Hey guys,

You are very close,

But this works on the LG RC6821W after trying some of the options you have recommended ove the web

go to setup (press on the remote)
move down to highlight the padlock logo (4th down)
dont move across to sub menu just press the 0 seven times and it will appear that you are now using region free. That easy.

I cant belive I fluked it!

Oh well at least I can now watch all my dvd's and so can you guys!

Australia

Post Number: 3
Thanks Ryan, the code worked first time! Id almost given up hope! Well done on fluking it!
Michael

Mickey
Unregistered guest
Just to confirm that ryan's flunk works! Very nice Christmas present! PS. the message has misspelt Congr

LG USER
Unregistered guest
ALSO WORKS FOR DV8600 BUT WE THINK ONLY PRESSED "0" 5 TIMES.

Frustrated
Unregistered guest
I have tried these suggestions, and modifications thereof, for the DV7821P. No luck unfortunatly. Any suggestions?

Username: Swestony

I have an LG RC6821W (Dual DVD Recorder & VHS Recorder), It only allows me to record from my family VHS to DVD once, as it has a CPRM (copy protection system, with scrambling system) that allows only to record the DVD once, which does not allow the recordings made on the DVD's (from the VHS) to be recorded on again. In simple terms the family DVD that was recorded cannot be used to copy from it again, it is converting my family movies to a DVD protected movies, I want to be able to copy the copied DVD as many times and give it to family members as many times I want and I have tried many options but to no avail. Please help if you know a way. Thank you very much and God bless you

saint7au
Unregistered guest
Have tried in vain to get a code to unlock regions on my LG VCR/DVD Combo V8824W...any help or suggestions? Thank you!

dayo
Unregistered guest
i have an lg dv8762,i am stuck with region 5

Unregistered guest
Hello, I have a RC6821W dvd/video recorder. How can you tape a disney video to a dvd, as I do childcare, and want to save some old videos that are not available on disc yet. Can any one help me?

Unregistered guest
Hello everyone,

It would be unbeleivably helpful if anyone could give me the multi region code for the LG DVC 8700 video/dvd recroder. i have noted the above dvd 8600 solution and will try tonight but if anyone could directly e.mail me with the exact answer it would make me the happiest man in the world...and i just got married too!

Username: Luckydude

Hey guys,
I bought a LG DR6821W DVD recorder yesterday and it was set to region 1 for Australia, I read your board and thought I'd try your multi-region fix. It worked like a dream. Thanx guys, I owe you.
Lucky dude

sweetlady1968
Unregistered guest
Hello, ok yes I am woman asking a technical question. By using the unlock code do you void the warranty or anything please. I have just purchased the LG RC6821W which will be delivered this week and I found your code unlocking very interesting. I live in Australia Region 4 and also like above have some great region 1's.
Thanks for your ideas.

Username: Luckydude

I cant see the warranty being voided if you enter a code, maybe if you open the machine up and enter the code using a screwdriver, hehe. I did it to mine and I bought my recorder from good guys in townsville, after I did it, i rang them and told them and now they tell everyone that buys an LG recorder the code.

Jim - Guest
Unregistered guest
Thanks for posting the code Ryan. Just picked one up an RC6821W on the weekend, and was disappointed at first that I couldn't play my DVDs from overseas.

sunlogo
Unregistered guest
Hi All
I have a LG RH4810W (ie DVD & 80G hard disk drive recorder). I want to REMOVE the Macrovision (to make a copy of my own movie).

Can anyone recommend a hack?
Thankyou

matty21
Unregistered guest
Hello, I also have a RH4810W and can not find any codes for it can any one help me???
thanks
MAT

Unregistered guest
Hi all,
I have purchased an LG DVD recorder with hard disk. I have tried to copy DVD movies but am blocked out. Can this be removed or cracked? I would like to copy to Hard Disk & rewatch the movie at a later date?

sunlogo
Unregistered guest
The following appears to work with LG 4820, 4812 and RH4810W (Australian model). It also disables macrovision (note it may void warranty - do so at your own risk).
1. Open the DVD recorder tray
2. Press 0 (ie zero) 7 times
3. press the pause button
4. On the TV screen, a dialog box will the appear which will ask you whether you want to make your LG DVD free. To accept, press "OK".

This code appears to remove Macrovision.

By the way, I understand that it is possible to swap the 80G HD drive for a 120 G drive BUT you need special system software from LG.

Does anyone have this software? I would appreciate a copy.

Unregistered guest
hi u lot no the codes for unlocking dvd players, so i was wondering do u no the code for unlocking a mobile......the lg 120

cheers

wonsungi
Unregistered guest
For the LG V8824W try the following... Im assured it works just going to try it now myself.

Remove any discs and turn on DVD.
Press PAUSE
Enter 314159
The hidden region code menu will now appear.
Set code you want- 0 for region free, 1 for region 1 etc then...
Press PAUSE!

savak
Unregistered guest
Hi I just bought LG DR7400 DVD recorder which is locked for region 2 coding. can any one of you please show me the procedure to un lock for all region.
Thanks

rimako
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have a Mitsubishi HE 650 HDD/DVD combo recorder. This is made for use only here in Japan, does anyone know how to make it region free please? Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi, the pressing the region code 7 times to change its compatibility works a treat but is there a limit as to the number of times you can change the region? Cheers, Chris.

Username: Lglick

Hey, Guys Can any one help me I have a LG DVD recorder model no DR7922W I want to make it region free can any one give me information in how to unlock it
Thanks

Mericia
Unregistered guest
Hello, Please Please Please can someone help me out - I have a Sony RDR-GX300 DVD Recorder and want to make it region free - thanks v much Mericia

Anonymous

I have just bought an LG LH-T750TB dvd player and can't find a multi-region hack anywhere. Any ideas? Thanks.

cyber_m0nkey
Unregistered guest
I just bought the LG DVD/HDD(250Gb) recorder in Singapore (I live here now) and it was locked to region 3 so I couldn't play any of my Australian DVD's (Region 4) or the DVD's from Malaysia (Region 1).

I tried ryan's suggestion and it worked first go!

Thanks!

Anonymous

Hey Lance, I just unlocked my DR7922W using Ryan's method above (setup menu > padlock section > 0 seven times). It worked!!!

Unregistered guest
I have just bought LG DR7400 DVD recorder which is locked for region 2 coding. can any one of you please show me the procedure to un lock for all region.

Username: Chippy

Hi I just bought Dual DVD/VCR DVRW5002 recorder which is locked for region 2 coding. can any one of you please show me the procedure to un lock for all region.
Thanks

Unregistered guest
If anyone get's stuck trying to copy DVD's, my solution is I just rip it using DVD Shrink 3.2.
Then you will have all the VOB Files to re-burn to any DVD

revrac
Unregistered guest
The press 7 x 0 works on my Targa DRH5000 as well. Thanks. I presume mine is just a rebadged LG

Username: Mariuszd

LG DF9921P - Turn DVD On (No DVD inside player)
Press 0 three times, blue screen with DVD zone appears, enter 0 for Zone free and press pause to confirm.

enigma101
Unregistered guest
Hi, Could anyone please confirm that the LG RC6821W & the Dual DVRW5002 are infact the same machines (or close)? If this is the case, do codes mentioned work on both decks?

Thank You

Unregistered guest
I have a Dual DVRW5002 - doesn't look the same as the LG model and code didn't appear to work. Mine's still locked. Bah humbug! Anyone else know any cracks for this?

Unregistered guest
I have a Dual DVRW5002 - doesn't look the same as the LG model and code didn't appear to work. Mine's still locked. Bah humbug! Anyone else know any cracks for this?

Unregistered guest
Help i have a lg dvd player model # 2310P and want to change to a muli zone as its aussie zone 4 now and cant play zone 1 dvds can you help ive tryed some of the codes above but doesnt work on this model.. hope you can help thanks

Unregistered guest
Does any one know a code for region free, for a Dual DVRW5002. ?????

Unregistered guest
Does any one know a code ofr region free, for a Dual DVRW5002. ?????

Username: Craigeee

Wirral, England United Kigdom

Does any one know a code ofr region free, for a Dual DVRW5002. ?????

deerboy
Unregistered guest
For the LG LH-T750TB use the following instructions (seems to work with most LGs)

To convert this player to Multi-Region playback
1. Press the Pause button on your remote control
2. Using your remote control enter the code 3, 1, 4, 1, 5 and 9 Note: If your unit does not enter the following mode which enables you to enter a region code, repeat steps 1 and 2. You may need to enter these codes in a shorter time span for them to work.
3. Press the 0 button on your remote control for Region free, 1 for Region 1 or 2 for Region 2.
4. Press the Pause button on your remote control
5. Power off your player and wait a few seconds
6. Power on your player

just got my us imports working!! YEAH!

Username: Rickyj

LG Region Code Changer

2. Using your remote control enter the code 3, 1, 4, 1, 5 and 9 Note: If your unit does not enter the following mode which enables you to enter a region code, repeat steps 1 and 2. You may need to enter these codes in a shorter time span for them to work.
3. Press the 0 button on your remote control for Region free, 1 for Region 1 or 2 for Region 2.
6. Power on your player

Have just tested this feature, works 100%, but make sure you enter the numbers fast. "PAUSE,314159"

Anonymous

I have an LG RC6821DVD/Video Combo. Has anyone found a way to get it to make a DVD( back up )copy of a copy protected video. My machine will generally copy them but about 1 in 4 are refused permission to dub by the Combo machine because of copy protection built into Video. I am a collector and only want to make one DVD copy.
Thanks
Ken

Anonymous

I have an LG RC6821DVD/Video Combo. Has anyone found a way to get it to make a DVD( back up )copy of a copy protected video. My machine will generally copy them but about 1 in 4 are refused permission to dub by the Combo machine because of copy protection built into Video. I am a collector and only want to make one DVD copy.
Thanks
Ken

larina
Unregistered guest
i have a LG DR7400 and im desparate to copy my old videos onto dvd, but cant due to the copy protection. if anyone has found a way to get around this pls pls pls can u help!

Trish in Dublin
Unregistered guest
Ryan - come to Ireland I will buy you a pint!!
Your 0000000(not sure how many times) at the Lock in Setup made my LG RC68227 combo DVD/VCR recorder region-free.
Hurrah

Unregistered guest
does this work for the LG LH-W1500?

LG Region Code Changer

6. Power on your player

Have just tested this feature, works 100%, but make sure you enter the numbers fast. "PAUSE,314159"

Adrian B, Australia
Unregistered guest
I have been trying to find an unlock code to for my LG HDD/DVD Recorder Receiver System model LH-RH9509TA, to no avail. I utilised the unlock code as suggested by Cooper1423(Ryan) Setup, down to padlock screen and then pressing 0 seven times. To my excitable surprise, it worked. I have a hundred or so region 1 & 2's I can now play through my home theatre and not my cheaper DVD system. Thanks muchly Ryan.

Becca L
Unregistered guest
The multicode for LG dvd recorder DR7400 is the one suggested by Leb..

open tray
press '0' 7 times
then you just enter the region code you want...

Yay I can watch region 1 (or any!) imports now! Thanks!

Username: Awphall

HELP!!

HELP!!

I have an LG LRY 517 and i cannot find the unlock codes for multi region. I get to the setup and then to the lock, type 0000 and cannot get the 2 letters to move to OO. Any ideas

Thanks Andrew

Username: Czar

I would just like to add that I have used the padlock system to unlock my LG RH7796W DVD recorder.

Setup | go to the padlock | press 0 seven times

A message comes to say you have set your DVD recorder to region free.

Thanks for the information.

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a LG DR7621N DVD recorder, but when I try to record a program from the dish, a message about copy protection appears in the screen, and don't let me do the record, somebody can help me? thank you

PJ1101
Unregistered guest
This was damned hard to find, but you can love me later when you see it works!!!
DUAL DVRW5002

Multi region hack
Press setup
press right 4 times into system info
enter 1101
the words region ????? 2 should appear at the bottem of the list.
press 0 (zero)
the 2 will change to 0 the FREE
Press setup to get out of the menu
the unit is region free.

Got this fix from http://www.videohelp.com/dvdrecorders.php?DVDname=dual+dvrw5002&hdsize=Any&order by=Name&hits=25&Search=Search

Username: Jeloz

Sydney, NSW Australia

Just bought a DR7922W From Bing Lee in Sydney and I did ask if it was region free and got home and it was NOT.

Used Ryan's method of 7 x Zeros and all sweet

Many thanks

Jeloz

Username: Stevie_h

i am trying to put my original vcrs on to dvd using my dual dvrw5002 player/recorder combi but it says cant copy title can anyone help

Username: Tlal23

Hi guys, looking at purchasing my first dvd recorder rc6821 and just wanted to get your feedback on it. I know nothing about dvd recorders so I would love any advice. Do you recommend your combo?

Username: Raymondo

Sydney, NSW Australia

I need to get rid of Macrovision on my LG 7922.

Contrary to earlier posts, the seven zeros region coding fix, does not seem to stop macrovision.

I have a Barco CRT projector, which does not like Macrovision.

Fixed on my Philips 963, now need to do it on the LG.

Username: Nuheart

Hi, I have an LG DR7922W, and am trying to convert some old VHS tapes to DVD. Can anyone help me crack the Macrovision? Please contact me on nuheart@hotmail.com with any suggestions.
Cheers,
*Steve

Username: Rupeni

Copying DVD movies with LG RH7823W

I have found the following solution to copying DVD movies onto the HDD of my LG:

1. Remove region as advised above - thanks to R Wesseling in this board

Setup | go to the padlock | press 0 seven times

A message comes to say you have set your DVD recorder to region free

2. I bought a cheap DVD player Soniq901 for Aus$47. I removed region code and Macrovision on this machine by the following - thanks to mcmonte on http://www.austech.info/showthread.php?t=22560&page=2:

1. Power on, open tray
2. Press 2812 on remote
3. Press Enter until region is 9
4. Arrow down to Macrovision and press Enter to toggle off.
5. Press Clear on remote to exit menu.

Clear was the only button that seemed appropriate. If you're unsure, repeat steps 1, 2 and 5 to check everything saved (it did for me).

3. I then plug this Soniq into the back of my LG, press the AV button on the remote until this is the channel the LG machine is on and through Home go to the HDD, press Record on the remote, start the DVD in Soniq and no problems.

I haven't yet tried to copy from the HDD to the LG internal DVD as I am not really interested in that, just wanted to store 'overnight' movies to watch at my convenience.

Username: Pellea

I need to disable the macrovision on my LG RC-197, combined DVD burner and VHS player.

I just want to make copy's of my old VHS movies to DVD so my children can watch their old movies again.

Please, if someone can help me, mail me at
pellea123@hotmail.com

with any suggestions.

Username: Surfblonde

Sydney, NSW Australia

people keep saying to press the PAUSE button on the remote and a hidden menu will come up for the LG unlock code
I press pause and nothing happens... ANY IDEAS?

Username: Sagoo33

you need to press pause and enter the code, as two people have posted..

I just tried the following method with DT-S585NW , and it works fine:-)

Remove any discs and turn on DVD.
Press PAUSE
Enter 314159
The hidden region code menu will now appear.
Set code you want- 0 for region free, 1 for region 1 etc then...
Press PAUSE

Username: Bellb

LG LRH-780
The Unlock code for this is open cd drawer, press 0 7 times. Works a charm

Username: Abi77

HI,
I need some help,i have an LG LRH 780 dvd player region 1.i need to play region 2 or multi region

I need help on this one THANKS
email adress : mabdellatif@hotmail.com

Username: Cnsylvester

Hi My LG LH75TB has a small pause before it goes to the next scene.

Does everyone's do this, is there a fix?

Regards to all

CN

Username: Grouville

Dunedin, Otago New Zealand

HI,
RE: LG RC6821W
Had mine about 9 mths. Have just located this forum. Hopefully I may now
be able to share my LG problems for possible answers.
When bought it was suposed to be multi-region but to my surprise would
not play a DVD gift from UK. Shop had no solution... tough!
Cracked this by going to the 'unlock' menu and pressing '0' 7 times as suggested in this forum.
Thanks all.
After some months I connected up the ProScan and there was a real jump
in picture quality on my LCD TV. Highly recommended!
The video player results were less than expected and in the end the unit
was returned and new heads fitted. I guess now it is recording and playing
back as good as it is able.
Delighted with dubbing from video to DVD.... cleans up video tape artifact etc very well.
I've found making my own DVD's less than perfect with all sorts of
problems. Rarely the same problem twice!
Usually recording on DVD-R is 100% providing I replay in the LG but have
had the odd failure playing on my other DVD player and in other players.
All commercial DVD's play without incident. Thank god!
Editing DVW-RW also not 100%. Usually after making about 10 edits. Seems
to loose it's 'memory' and editing as I would like it fails.
(eg: cutting the ads out of programs).
Recordings on DVD+RW sometimes stop on playback and disc goes into
Intialise mode all by itself.. not good, program wiped!!!
Have also had the problem of the LG not recognising a disc it has burned!
Crazy!
Sad really as when things go right it does a good job but the reliability
of recording on DVD discs has me reverting to recording on to good old
video tape for 'important' programs just to be on the safe side.
DVD burning on my LG 6821W has always been a reliability issue.
I'd be interested to know if others are having similar.
Don W.

Username: Methos2

abdel wrote:
"HI,
I need some help,i have an LG LRH 780 dvd player region 1.i need to play region 2 or multi region

I need help on this one THANKS"

Hi, after many days and lots of different tries to find a multiregion hack for this recorder, I finally found a way that works. It's a bit involved, but here it is:

- Go to this site: http://lgregionfree.tripod.com/2005/menu1.htm

- Click on the 5000 DVD Player and download the zip file "5000.zip"

- Unzip the folders and files to the hard drive in exactly the same order as they are in the zip.

- Burn the folder "RMTM0000" (including sub files and/or folders) to a blank CDR, naming the CDR "CODEFREE"

- Make sure you record the disc as Disk At Once (DAO) and as a closed (once only) session.

- Make sure you burn the disc in Joliet mode (not ISO)

- Insert the disc into the player (with the player in DVD mode, and Input set to "AV1"). It won't play, but the disc icon in the left hand upper corner will read "DATA". Next, press the "Home" key on the remote. Scroll to the Movie icon, then down to disc. Hit the "Enter" key on the remote. After a few seconds, a Region Select menu will come up. Press "0" on the remote for multi-region. Then press the pause key. Then press the Return key.

- Turn the player off and then on again. You now have a multi-region player.

Username: Radar71

Any known region code hacks for the LG LH-T9654S? Currently set for region 1 but I have a bunch of region 2 dvds and would like to consolidate to one DVD player as well as make use of the HDMI.

Username: Playboyrichard

Note the multiregion hack for LG DR198H is

Home
Setup - Start (press Enter)
Go down to padlock symbol but NOT across to submenu (which will say Rating/Set Password)
Press the '0' (zero) key seven times
Message should come up that player is now multiregion

Username: Wick

Hi,
Does anyone know the code to enable an
LG RH1888H to be region free?
It is meant to be a 'Super Multi' but the only super thing about this player is the price. I can't play any of my O/S DVDs. It is a DVD Player/Burner/HDD system.
Thanks

Username: Chadly

Hi guys ive got a LG hdd/dvd recorder model RH1888h and was just wondering is there anyway i can copy dvds to the hard drive and watch later or maybe burn to disc...??? can anyone help..??
,ive done the (go to setup (press on the remote)
move down to highlight the padlock logo (4th down)
dont move across to sub menu just press the 0 seven times and it will appear that you are now using region free. That easy.)WORKED A TREAT THANKS GUYS.... Regards chadly}

}

Username: Bucks2

Australia

Hi Guy does anyone know why my RC6821W keeps saying Please wait??
Cheers Mike.

Username: Nesicha

I have a VCR/DVD combo Model LG LH-CX245W and i have tried all the fixes posted and none of them work. Does any one have the proper code to make this REGION FREE?

Please respond or Email me nesicha_2000@yahoo.com

Username: Stivi

lg,1888h,how do i record 5 hrs onto dvd disk,to play on other dvd players that have divx,ive tried it using e.p mode but it wont finalize,any clues?

Username: Johnmac

Here is the hack for a LG DF9921P DVD player. With the DVD on but no disc in, press "0" four times with a two seconds gap in between each press. Then press pause. You are done.

Username: Millwall

Hi, I have just purchased a LG HT 353 SU DVD/Video combo recorder. Can anyone please help me with an unlock code to make it multi-region.
Many thanks

Username: Cagsjdr

whoo hoo, just successfully changed my region code on my lg ht904wa dvd player from 4 to 0, many thanx to the helpful post of pause 314159 pause.. it worked like a dream, now i can watch all my pommie discs... thanx heaps.. :o) :o)

Username: Mikewasowsky

Folks, I am getting crazy with my Blue Ray LG HR 400-P.
I have many documentary DVDs that I bought from the US and I cannot play them on my device. This is really frustrating. I already tried the 0000000 trick and the pause-314159-pause trick with no luck. Has anybody got any idea on how to unlock it please?
Thanks

Username: Robusto

Anyone know how to hack the RH398H-M - I am in Canada and would like to play PAL dvd's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us