Sharp Aquos Problems

Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through April 22, 2010Tom100
Archive through July 07, 2007M100

Username: Al00shi

Post Number: 2
Hi guys,
My Sharp LCD TV all of a sudden died out on me a month after warranty finished.
I have a LC-46D83X.
When turned on, the red and green light flash.
Can any1 help please.
Thanks in advance...

Username: Heent

Post Number: 1
After reading ALL these posts I wish I bought a different brand. I have a problem no one has discovered and I hope you don't. Intermitently if I am going back and forth between channels my entire screen will go green and I cannot get a picture until I reboot the TV. Anyone have any ideas, Sharp doesn't

Username: Edgear

I have an LC-46D64U and it has a strange screen problem. On both upper sides there are what seem to be screen layer delaminations. Similar to bubbles that form under thin film, where these are finger like and 8 inches long. Has anyone heard of this?

Username: Gunshark

been looking for email address for sharp and cant believe the way they are treating people my 42in just gone twin lights like most of the people on here.somthing needs to be done .or is it theyr designed to go? if any one can give me the email adress going to give them some stick after reading this

Username: Leenotleo

I just got a Sharp Aquos LC52LE820UN LED and I'm coming across a problem where if I'm watching a scene with fast motion/camera movement or quick moving foreground/background the TV starts to flicker between the image and a black screen. this happens for a few seconds then the picture turns black for about a second as if the TV couldn't keep up and is resetting the image or something. Does anyone know if this is a defect or a lack of performance associated with the model?

i put up a video of it happening on youtube, it appears to be much more subtle in the youtube video but is quite dramatic in person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on9xDnjXJcg

thanks...

Username: Leenotleo

i further tested the issue above and found that it only happens when streaming netflix from the TV, using an ethernet cable connected to a router.

i also have netflix on my xbox, i played the exact same scene using the xbox's netflix and the problem did not occur. then i tried connecting my laptop via hdmi and streaming the same scene that way and also had no problems so it appears to be related to streaming movies through the tv's netflix app...

i'm going to rent a dvd of the same episode and try it that way as well to see if i get any problems.

Username: Casawp

I have a LC-52D64U that has the same odd "delamination/bubble/finger" issue that Ed has in the post on May 11th. Our delaminations have grown and multiplied over time. Our TV is only 2 years old. Has anyone contacted Sharp about this?

Username: Scottmac2000

I also have a 52" Sharp Aquos that is also having this delamination (I call it fingers) along the sides. Does anyone know if I can open it up and just reseat the mylar? Same problem as Ed and Casawp. Help. Feedback will be surely appreciated. Thanks.

Username: Druizm

my sharp LC-30HV4U has a problem: loss of Sync, I have to do to fix it, your answers to my mail dennisruizm@yahoo.com, if you speak Spanish better, thanks.

Username: Lucinelli

Hi, I bought LC-32LU705E recently. The image shown is less wide then it should be. On both sides a strip of the image is not visible/shown. Changing parameters doesn't solve the problem. I can't find this problem anywhere let alone the proper solution.

Is there anyone who can help me?
Thanks.

Username: Lawnmowerman

OMG I need to find someone who has solved this problem

I have an Aquos LC 37 / 32 range HD and now live in the Amazon where there is no Sharp support.

I do not want to use my screen for TV and only want to use for DVDs etc... solo as a monitor.

However it has started jumping through extensions and will not stay on the designated ext for DVD player. I have disconnected amp and surround sound so that it is only connected to DVD player but it has not mad any difference.

Plus it keeps trying to find BBC1 etc,,, not possible here!!

Any suggestions before I completely go insane.

Many thanks

LM

Username: Annorax64

Post Number: 8
@Lawnmower_Man:

The clue might be "living in the Amazon". Isn't the Amazon area terribly humid? I wouldn't be surprised if the electronics are getting corroded -- especially the mode selector switch -- from the high humidity.

Maybe a Toshiba Toughbook would have been a better choice of computer equipment for this location?

Username: Dwolson

I had my LC42D64U plugged into a power strip that was plugged into a power surge strip (yeh, I know, bad idead). We had an electrical storm the other day that knocked the power out in the house.

I get the green OPC/power light blinking. No picture or sound. I do however get a crackling static sound that eventually fades away. I tried various resets.

Anyone experience this? The TV's no longer worth brining it in for service. I'm inclined to tinker with it myself but I was hoping to get help from the group here that has experience.

Username: Jmadukayil

Post Number: 7
If anyone is interested, I have some parts for sale:
RDENCA 184WJQZ
RUNTKA 271WJZZ
RUNTKA 272WJZZ

Username: Kikmaidog

I just bought a Sharp Aquos 60" LCD TV the week before last. Model is LC-60A77M - haven't found very many posts or issues around the internet for this model - I'm wondering if it's because it's too new, or if it's because it's the main model for sale in Singapore (where I live).

I'm on my first replacement at the moment. The first set was almost perfect, brilliant picture, loved it. Until the lights went out in our room that night... and then I noticed the problem. In the middle of the screen, I could see some cloudy white outlines in a circle shape in the middle of the screen. I turned off the input leaving it at a black screen, and I can then see a big circle in the middle of the screen, that's mostly dark (especially when looking from the side of the TV, it's like a black puddle in the middle of the screen compared to the outsides), and around it is white cloudy areas. Some other parts of the screen were also cloudy/white as well.

So, I told our dealer (Best Denki) and they said they would replace the TV. So they did with another brand new one, it arrived on Saturday. Now tonight we're watching it again, and noticing the same problem - the circle in the middle of the screen again, with white cloudiness around the outside. The thing is you can really only see this problem when the room is dark or dimly lit (ie. when you're watching movies), and only when that part of the screen is dark - but yes, you can see it even during movies or even PS3 games if there's a dark picture and the room is dimly lit.

So now I'll have to ring them again, and ask for *another* replacement - but my concern now is, are they all just like this?? I have been able to find similar stories about Sharp and even Sony LCD TV's, but I cannot find a single post about this specific Sharp model anywhere on Google, only a few advertisements. Is it really that new a model? I'm just trying to find that someone else out there actually has this model of Sharp TV and does NOT have the same problem as me. Otherwise, I will be asking for replacements forever with no success..

Anyone?

Username: Cephas01

I am having a problem with my Sharp Aquos TV, after a minute or 2 I lose picture but retain sound. Turning it on and off might restore the picture but only for a short time. This goes on for about 20 minutes then if I disconnect the HDMI and put it back or tap the side of the TV the picture will come back on and remain for the night. Anyone have a clue as to what this might be? Thanks

Username: Sanyo30

Wish I had read this forum before we purchased our 30" Sharp Aquos. We are having a problem with reception, it is so fuzzy that you can't really see the picture. We have hooked up another tv to the cables and it works perfectly, so we know it is not our cable hookup. We also have the same problem using an atennae. We can play DVD's on the tv and they have a beautiful picture, just can't use it as a tv and we don't need a dvd player. Has anyone else had this problem with a solution or should we just dump it and get a new tv/

Username: Sk8erboi6854

I have a lc30hv4u connected to an avc box lc37hv4u and the monitor wont turn on the red light just blinks 4 time and it cuts off. i've tried the reset and it doesnt work. please help !!!!

Username: Annorax64

Post Number: 9
@Dale: Have you tried making the TV find all channels in your area again? It kind of sounds like you need to do this to make sure that the channel line-up is current.

When they made the final transition from analog to digital broadcast TV, some of the channel setting were changed and as a result you need to have your TV find all the channels in your area again.

Username: Lizbb

My 32" Sharp Aquos screen started flickering last week, first it was only whilst watching dvds...then it started happening while watching tv. On the weekend I could smell plastic burning then smoke started billowing from the top left hand corner (at the back). I immediately switched everything off, unplugging all cables. I haven't started the 'repair man' process yet as I wanted to get some advise first. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Username: Souljaothman

Hello guys , i have a sharp tv LC-22L50M and i got a problem in audio it just increase tiwes 30% and 60% and theres a green text on screen 'k123' dont disappear . need ur help

Username: Xpattheratx

Hello! Trying my luck on this message board. Is there anyone out there with a broken panel for a 52" Sharp Aquos M/N LC-52D85U they would like to sell me? My sob story is my TV fell off the mount and fell 4 feet from the ground. Luckily the screen did not break. I took it to a local TV repair guy and he said that one of the CCD lamps or back light is broken. According to him, Sharp doesn't sell those parts separately, you have to buy it with the panel and that can be pretty costly. Also, does anyone know if I can use a different 52" panel or does it have to be the same model # as mine (LC-52D85U). If anyone can help me out before football season starts.. I'd appreciate it. You can email me at xpattheratx@yahoo.com Thank you!!!

Username: Jmadukayil

Post Number: 8
I have some LC42D72U parts including back light.

Username: Klfrnia22

I have a Sharp LC-52E77UN TV and hooked up a DVD and Cable box through a newly purchased Sony Receiver into an HDMI Input on the TV. I get sound but no picture. What, if any steps or options in my menus and manual am I missing to get video?

Username: Sam1234

, i have a sharp tv LC- 40 inches and i got a problem in audio it just increase 30% and 60% and theres a green text on screen 'k123' dont disappear . tried powering off,resetting but nothing worked...
need help.....

Username: Ljs425

I just bought a LC-52LE810UN tv and it is working fine,but am having trouble connecting my wii game,any ideas.Thanks Larry

Username: Smaida2001

i have a sharp tv LC-22L50M and i got a problem in audio it just increase tiwes 30% and 60% and theres a green text on screen 'k123' dont disappear .
please helppppppppppppppppppppp

Username: Dreamingwolf

I have an answer to all who owns a Sharp TV Aquos with the Multi input Box. First try this--- Turn off the TV itself, leave the Input box on, then unplug the display cables, power cables, then hold down the -vol button and the input button on the tv itself. Then turn on the power button, plug in the power Cable while holding down the -vol and the input button.
Then after about 2 seconds after power comes on, let go of the buttons and wait until the back light screen comes on, it could take from instant to an hour. When it comes on this means it will be in service mode. Then plug in the display cables, let it sit for several minutes. After that turn off the TV and turn it back on. Do this again if it doesn't work the first time. There ia ways to fix this problem, you can enter the computer of the TV it has, through a USB to a Cat5 cable, that goes from your computer to Roughter, and Cat5 to Serial cable that goes from roughter to TV, enter into your computer the command line to disable standby. Or you can do a firmware update.

I have an answer to all who owns a Sharp TV Aquos with the Multi input Box. First try this--- Turn off the TV itself, leave the Input box on, then unplug the display cables, power cables, then hold down the -vol button and the input button on the tv itself. Then turn on the power button, plug in the power Cable while holding down the -vol and the input button.
Then after about 2 seconds after power comes on, let go of the buttons and wait until the back light screen comes on, it could take from instant to an hour. When it comes on this means it will be in service mode. Then plug in the display cables, let it sit for several minutes. After that turn off the TV and turn it back on. Do this again if it doesn't work the first time. There ia ways to fix this problem, you can enter the computer of the TV it has, through a USB to a Cat5 cable, that goes from your computer to Roughter, and Cat5 to SVGA Serial cable that goes from roughter to Multi Input Box, enter into your computer the command line to disable standby. Or you can do a firmware update.

Username: Username1996

On my Sharp Liquid Crystal Television (Model No: LC-32SB27U), on a couple channels (21 and 41), I get this black square with the following:

<>[e: 20101031][6C37]

Can someone please help me resolve this because it's really annoying.

Thanks

Username: Kangamama

Help! 42" Aquos (2008) working fine last night. Today, will only power up for about 5 seconds (sound and faint picture) then turns off. Any ideas?

Username: Gemsee82

It sounds like I have a very similar problem to a lot of people but just in case a solution has been found ..... I have a sharp LCD tv only a month old and I tried to switch it on this morning. All I have is a black screen no sound and the led flashing at the bottom of the screen. I've tried everything but nothing has worked...any ideas?

Username: Imz25

Help, My sharp 32 inch aquos turn blank and soundless but able to play dvd.....Can some1 Help me with this?

Thanks/Selamat

Username: Rworr

I have a Sharp lc-37d64u that is almost two years old and this is what happens. When watching cable it will turn off an right back on within a few seconds. This can happens several time in a row with about 5 minutes in-between occurrences. After several cycles of this it will finally turn-off and the power/opc leds flash and the tv will not come back on unless you turn the power off and back on. Only occurs when watching cable. Does not happen when watching DVD or streaming video from PC.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1285
Greetings DB,

If I may ask, how do you have your cable box and DVD player connected to your TV? I am assuming the PC is connected directly!?!?
If you are using HDMI from the components directly to the TV I would try using the component video to see if the problem goes away. That is the most likely way to solve your issue but there are a few troubleshooting steps that could also prove interesting, especially if the component video doesn't work.

Jim,
I have basic cable, so no box. cable comes directly into the back of the TV. Standard DVD player, not sure how it is connected - I think using RCA plugs. I believe the PC is connected using RS-232 to HDMI adaptor. At work now, but can check later when at home. Thanks. Darren

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1286
Hey Darren,

The simplest way to solve your issue now becomes getting a cable box. What I think (and would hope) is happening is a rather poor interaction between the TV's tuner and your cable There are probably others on this forum who would know this without the experimentation but if it were me...

I would try temporarily attaching some sort of antenna to the input you are using for cable, set the tuner for "air" and scan for channels. If the problem persists then the TV's tuner is the problem, if the problem disappears then you need a cable box.

Post Number: 3
Jim,

I am thinking that you may be correct about the box. My wife and I have been discussing and it appears to happen on only PBS stations. We also have problems with the same PBS stations keeping a signal. Sometimes we turn it on and we get the "no signal" message for these same stations. Need to re-scan to get them back.

Is it an issue of signal strength? If so, does it make a difference that we are splitting the signal and using Roadrunner on our primary PC?

Thanks,

Darren

Username: Lionesss

Last week I suddenly lost the sound to only Ch. 11 although I can still see the picture. If I wiggle the cable, get a bad picture (for every channel) but sound for Ch. 11. It is 2 year old Aquos. Possibly related, I can no longer hear any station when I am viewing TV through my VCR recorder.

Found the answer! I had the audio set on SAP instead of Mono or Stereo. Once I set it on either of those, I got my sound back.

Username: Asnead57

So i have an LC32D42U and i set it up after it was boxed away for awhile (remodeling house) and now its all set up again but it won't turn on. The first time i tried to turn it on, it flashed the green power light a few times, and then nothing since. i have tried resetting it and all that, but nothing has changed. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Username: Nimitlert

Guys, out of the blue one evening my remote control just didnt work. When ever i pressed the button, the TV said "RC No of the main unit and and remote control is different" . I didnt even press anything, even turned of the TV manually but nothing works. Any ideas on how to fix this? Cheers

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15804
Welcome to eCoustics Nimitlert!

Unhook the power cord for 5 minutes then retry, the new TV's are like windows, a good hard reboot does help!

PS: don't play too hard with your HDMI cable into the back panel, the onboard connector can broked

Username: Nevadadeb

Just got my new Aquos LED/LCD set up with Dish yesterday but I cannot get the DVD player to show the movie on screen. I did get the remote to turn it on and off but still no picture. I know this has to be something easy, but with the horrible instruction booklet, I cannot find out what I am NOT doing. Anyone know?

Username: Nevadadeb

OK, nevermind, I found it... I had to change INPUTS until I found the one the DVD player was attached to. Too bad the book doesn't explain such simple things...
Thanks anyway

Username: Tobermory

I recently bought an Aquos LC-32LE700E LCD TV, but have been unable to find on the Sharp Web site or in the user manual explanations on how to create a custom list of favorite channels... can any kind soul help?

Username: Maurice69

I recently bought a Sharp LC22DV200E. After being turned off for a couple of hours and switched on again, the screen is blank. The sound is there. My first thoughts were: some settings are not okay, or some static electricity. But after resetting the tv, and resetting to installation mode, the problem remains if the tv is plugged to power. Only by switching on and off the tv several times, the problem is solved until next time.. Leaving the tv on standby mode, I did not try, because I never do that, but I can try...
It looks like a software bug.. but I did not discover anyone with the same problem.. Does anyone has a clue?

Username: Rezj

I have a sharp lcd tv. When I turn the tv on I get color vertical lines. It takes about 30 min. before I get a picture. Whats the problem?

Username: Sallyiom

i have a sharp aquos, 16 months old. turned on the telly and the screen is split into 3: one thick vertical blue stripe, one medium black stripe and the remainder shows the tv channel, but in double vision and blurry. the audio, sky and terrestrial is fine. just the monitor that isn't working?
anyone else had this problems and know how to resolve it? 16 months out of a decent and expensive tv is disgusting!

Username: Wally_games

Jim,
I turned on my 52" today and I had the same problem. After messing around with it for awhile, I started searchin the web for help. All of a sudden (tv on for about an hour) the picture just appeared. If anyone has any ideas what's going on, please drop me a line.

Username: Pasa

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-32LE700E LCD TV only 8 month old and I tried to switch it on this morning. Now black screen, no sound and the power led flashing at the bottom of the screen. I've tried everything including the "Factory reset" described in the beginning of this site, called Sharp hotline (useless suggestions) still nothing has worked...any ideas

Ok people,, you all may not believe me about what I am going to tell you, about the Sharp Aquos problem with Backlight not comming on. I have been through and through with my Sharp Aquos problem, and I found info online on how to access the "SERVICE MODE". By how to turn it on. first thing is first. You need to know that these TV's act like flourecent light bulbs. If you have any knowledge about how a flourecent light when it is almost dead, you have to keep trying to switch the electricy on until it comes on full blast right? Welp, this is the same thing for these TV's, but since they are more a computer, you have to abide by the rules on how this TV works. Number one, Turn off the POWER to all of the components of the TV only. Unplug the TV plugs, power and all. Hold the power cable to the TV up to where you need to plug it back into. Then before you plug it in, hold down the Vol- Button, and the INPUT BUTTON, and the push the POWER BUTTON, then plug the POWER CORD into the power plug. If you did this correctly, like it's really hard to do. The green power LIGHT will come on, instead of the red STANDBY LIGHT. If the GREEN LIGHT is on, leave the POWER on until the BACKLIGHT on the TV screen comes on. LEAVE THE THING ON, for at least a couple of minutes, and the reason why I said a couple of minutes is, remember when I said about a flourecent light bulb???? Well ok, you need to get the TV to have some charge in it after it has been asleep for a while right??? If you listen up, you will get smarter. The next thing you need to excersize is that after a couple of a few minutes the TV has been on. Plug all the cables back into the TV plugs, the screen will change to something. Don't freak out, it's not going to blow. But if you are that wimpy, just give your TV to me. I'll take it off of your hands. OK, then you need to excersize, Turn off the TV, remember, GO INTO SERVICE MODE, hold down the VOL- button, and the INPUT button, then push the power button. If it doesn't turn on yet, REPEAT ALL OF THE STEPS UNTIL IT DOES. I have another way if you would like to know, yep. I only have to do a couple of things. I just unplug one of the plugs in the back of the TV after turning the TV off first. This plug is the smaller one that uses the audio section. The bigger plug stays in and you can see the picture on the screen when it comes on, but it will look a little jumpy. When it comes on, plug the smaller adio section plug back into it's proper place. Remeber, wait for a few minutes before turning off the TV, let it charge a little. Then before turning the TV on again, hold down the VOL- button and the INPUT button, and then push the POWER button. If it doesn't turn on yet, repeat the fricken steps ok. Thats all you have to do. Thats what I told the guy about his Sharp Aquos TV after I picked it out of his trash and fixed it for my own pleasure, YEH BOYEE. A free Flat Screen TV. All though he tried threatening me after wards. My Email is dreamingwolf1@yahoo.com

Username: Jimjaz888

I have had a Sharp LC32GD8E for over 3 years. Six months ago it started occassionaly doing the Blank screen but sound OK Fault. Ive found the best way to clear the fault is to switch it off. Give it a sharp bash on the top left of the TV then switch on, its always OK after that. I decided to do something about it, but after reading all the above comments I think I will just carry on doing my Thing & I advise others to do the same. Hope this is a help. JIMBO

Username: Scott814

I have a Sharp LC-65D64U. It is just over 2 years old. It has developed the same odd "bubble finger" delamination defect that others above (Ed, CASAWP, & Scottmac) have experienced. My friend who purchased the same TV has the same problem. I called Sharp and they would not acknowledge knowing about this defect even though they must, as many people have experienced it after a couple years, and on several different models. If they won't acknowledge it, then they probably haven't fixed the design/manufacturing defect on the new models they sell now. Therefore, I will not buy another Sharp TV. If you must, I recommend getting an extended warranty.

Username: Yuria

Hi ,
I have lc32d47/NTSC-60Hz
and i need the Service Menu Codes
to change the lcd to support PAL-50Hz

Thanks

Uri

Username: Heidi1

For anyone with the problem when the sharp aquos doesn't turn on and the red power light is blinking. Try turning off your main power supply for 10 minutes. It worked for me. As read on this forum in a 2007 from another Heidi....... Thanks!
Good luck, Heidi

Username: Droidal2

Purchased Sharp Aquos LC-46D64U back in April 2008. TV worked great till June 11 2011. Then right side of screen went black with yellow tinge. Lost 2 inputs. Unrepairable. Thank god I purchased a extended warranty from Future Shop as I normally dont. Wont be buying another Sharp after seeing this many complaints.

Username: Ketamor

Sharp Aquos LC-46D64U video quality is poor (snow) after removing cable box. Cable company redid all coax connections from street to house to bedroom - no resolution. I re-found all channels on analog cable - no resolution. Tested other LCD tvs - their picture quality is fine. Is there something wrong with my analog cable input? Is there another way for me to connect my coax from the wall to my Sharp HD LCD tv without the $cable box?

Username: Pbniel

Had two Sharpe Aquos TV's now with the screen "de-laminating" problem. Had a 42" that was very bad and was replaced under an extended warranty with a new 46' Sharpe Aquos. Have had it 4 months and it is also started to show signs of the "bubbles" along the top of the screen. Everyone look closely as we have only seen this on the Sharpe TVs and we have other TV's like a Samsung 46" that does not have the problem. Sharpe may have a major problem on their hands and the consumers may have to pay unless someone can make them own up.

Username: Sandorm

Bought a Sharp LC-26LE430E yesterday, in Brussels, Belgium. Having a problem connecting the DVD player to it. DVD player (quite old, Yukai make) connects with a Scart cable (the player is not great, but it does work on my old TV no problem).

The Sharp's scart connection works with the old VCR, and with my cable box. So it's not that. Also, I can't get my PC to connect to it via HDMI (when I select Scart on the input menu, it says "no signal". These may be 2 unrelated problems, or the same. Any ideas?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16535
Welcome to eCoustics ketamor!

It seem that the tuner is defective, replace this one by a new!

http://www.usefulparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_78&products _id=2579

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16536
Welcome to eCoustics Paul B!

Has your Sharp a sufficient ventilation?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16537
Welcome to eCoustics Monica!

The scarp connection is not used here in North America, post it in Europe forum for an answer on it!

Also you can read your owner manual or ask it to Sharp!

Username: Sandorm

Thanks for the suggestions!

Actually, I just turned the TV on straight out of the box, and tried right away to connect all devices - so ventilation issue hasn't even come up, it hasn't been on long enough.

It would surprise me if the tuner was faulty, since there is one selection on the menu for SCART, and one port, and when I plug the other devices in (VDR, cable blox), it works. Only for the DVD it doesn't.

I have asked Sharp Europe, waiting for their response. The SCART works for the other devices (cable box and VCR) so I doubt the problem is the port itself.

Owner manual just says connect SCART. No other suggestions for what to do if it doesn't work. And yes, the DVD is on and works...

More puzzling is the HDMI - when I connected it to the laptop, the laptop asked, as usual with an external monitor, whether I wanted the image to be shown only on the external device, or both on the laptop monitor and the external. So it detected the connection. But even after selecting "both" and clicking FN-F4, nothing came up on the computer; yet the manual and the sales clerk said the HDMI cable was sufficient for audio and video and would launch automatically upon connection.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16538
Hi Monica!

The tuner answer is for Ketamor then does not regard your problem!

Check in your Yumai DVD player if you has an option of output or hunhook the power cord of the DVD and wait 5 minutes and try again!

Maybe this old DVD is not compatible, today you can buy a new DVD for a cheap price like a Phillips with a much better picture than this one!

For the Laptop, you must go in NVidia menu of the Laptop and select "clone in display" to get the picture!

Username: Bo82481

Ok guys I have a Sharp lc-32sb21u 32" lcd tv and it has some issues.When I go to turn on the tv it will come on full picture and audio but the picture will just last about 20 seconds, then the screen goes black and the sound continues for about another 20 seconds and then boom the tv just shuts off completely. Anyone have any ideas to help me out here ?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16542
Welcome to eCoustics FRUSTATED!! !

It look like bad capacitors in the power supply, replace them!

Username: Ketamor

Welcome to eCoustics ketamor!
It seem that the tuner is defective, replace this one by a new!
http://www.usefulparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_78&products _id=2579

Plymouth - Thank you for your reply, however the link takes me to a website where it says the part is not available anymore. I did more research on TV Tuners than I ever want to do again. I ended up borrowing an older VCR with built in TV Tuner to watch cable without snow. It worked great, so I ordered a Toshiba DR570 DVD Recorder with TV Tuner with 1080 upconversion so I can get good quality on my HD LCD TV.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16544
Sorry Ketamor!

I founded this one: http://tv-part.com/duntke208fm01-sharp-terminal-tuner-board.html

You can also using this HDTV converter box with componants and HDMI outputs: http://www.durhamradio.com/dtv5000-hdtv-digital-to-analog-converter-box-hdmi-out put-over-the-air-hd-signals-canada.html

Username: King_kay

I have Sharp LC46D85U that suddenly stopped working. When I turn it on I get blue screen for few seconds and then it turns dark... the power green light comes on as well as the green indicator for OPC stays on... I disconnected the power few times but nothing seems to do it...
Please help

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16558
Welcome to eCoustics KingKas!

I founded this answer from FixYa:

JFRANDUBE

* Rating: 96%, 83 Votes

I just had one of these in the shop. It was a bad Main Unit ( Apx $250-$350 for the part alone) Another problem is there can be 8 different versions of this board. There is the plain and the A version shown to the right of the model# . The A version has 4 different boards and the plain version has 4 different boards. There is a board # near the middle of the board with a # in a triangle above this # and is 1 to 4. You might find on EBAY or Shop Jimmy's for a low price, but it is a Gamble! John

Username: Daniill

Fort Salonga, NY

I have an Aquos 37" purchased in 2006. Didn't have the TV hooked up for about 4 months while I moved, then plugged it in the other day and no sound. Trying anything, I unplugged the power cord, plugged back in and it worked. That was up until yesterday afternoon. Turned the TV, no sound again. Tried the same unplug, still didn't work. Found this site, did the "factory reset" and it miraculously worked. Next time I tried to turn on, no good - no sound. I tried the factory reset again - probably about 10 times and still no good. I am SO frustrated by this. Any suggestions? I purchased from PC Richards about 5 years ago and got the extended warranty - but that is probably up by now, right? Please help before I take a hammer to it... ;o)

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16566
Welcome to eCoustcs Danielle!

Unplugged the power cord reset the factory software of your TV but you must wait 5 minutes before re-hooked the power cord to make it working fine!

Are you using the speaker output or the audio out to listen the sound?

Username: Teedskees

Hi All,

I have an aquos lc-32d40u

I have had it for a year, and I have had this problem on and off the whole time I have owned it. When I power it on, after it says please wait, it will have sound but only a very very faint picture.

I have tried factory reset, it has worked in the past but has not worked recently. It has not been working properly for a few days straight. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

Username: Lolitad90

Can somebody please help me!

My Sharp Aquos will randomly turn off then the red power light flashes. It just started doing this lastnight, I've tried everything! Now it won't stay on for longer than 5 minutes. Any ideas?

Username: Daniill

Fort Salonga, NY

Plymouth -
The speaker bar on the bottom is plugged in to the back of the tv...sound is coming through the HDMI cable from the cable box. I have tried the factory reset - only seems to work if i let the tv warm up for 20 minutes, then do the hard reset. How can i get this fixed? Replace the sound board is what seems to be listed above....

And I have also had the problem with the TV randomly turning on...whether in the middle of the day or at night - I'd be gone for the weekend and come home to find the tv on...weird.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2500
I was staying for a week in Vegas.......
Room's TV would turn itself on/off by itself. I thought the place was haunted after the first 'turn on' at 0300......
Went to desk and they said they thought all of them had been fixed. Apparently, they had a bunch of sets with same defect.
I don't remember what kind of set it was.....just that it was an LCD panel.

I'd call the manufacturer and ASK, than get a little more excited. This sounds like a factory defect, NOT something which is broken.

A possibility, at least.

Username: Mbas0896

PLEASE HELP WITH SHARP LC60LE810UN
hello i have 2 led 60" sharp 810un series, not working, i have changed both power supply and video boards and does turn on again, can ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE let me know how to reset to factory defaults, is that maybe what i need to restart the tvs ?

Thanks A lot

Username: Gregz

Help - DVD Video Dropping out on Sharp TV.

I have a new Sharp Aquos 40" TV. I have a 8 year old top of the line Sony DVD player. I have the two connected via top of the line component video cables. The DVD Player is plugged into a Denon line conditioner for power. The TV and DVD player are plugged into a surge suppresor. The DVD video drops out on and off when the DVD is played and worked fine with the old TV. What could be causing this????

Username: Zoe1082

Can anyone help?

So im from Ct and we were hit by the hurricane this past weekend , I had my sharp Aquos 46" tv turned on at what i thought was a safe time after the storm had past. Unfortunately i lost power from a tree falling and knocking out my power line and the TV was plugged into the wall and not a surge protector. Once the power was restored and the TV turned on, there was a thin green line going directly down the center of the screen - can this be fixed or reversed? and is this a direct result of the outage? Also wanted to mention my 1 year warranty expired 4 weeks ago ,so that is not an option

please help!!

Username: Ssartor

Hello, I have a Sharp Aquos, model LC-60LE810UN and the front panel blinks one long, one short. Beyond that it does nothing and the screen is blank. I cannot get in to the service mode.

Any help is appreciated. Do you know what this code means? Is it something I can order the part and repair it myself?

Username: Hzee01

Hi Fellows!

after going through your posts, it seems buying a Sharp Aquos LCD TV would be no less than a blunder. I intend to replace my old Sony Trinitron CRT TV and now intend to buy the new generation LCD TV. Had made up my mind to go for Sharp this time as I have been using Sony brand TV for over 25 years but I think I should stick to Sony and buy a Bravia LCD as Sony stands for reliability. What do you suggest. How about Philips or JVC LCD TV?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Username: Xedious

Had an LC-60LE820UN since last Dec. I've noticed some dark 'webbing' that stays on the screen all the time. Sometimes it is is worse. Anyone encounter this? Candidate for a return?

Upload

Username: Mbas0896

if it is under warranty return it inmediatley " almost operating " before its too late, i love sharp aquos tv, but the new generation looks like " a pain in the ... "

Username: Josiemax

Gee, after reading all of these posts I feel lucky that my Acquos LC20S1M has worked perfectly for 5 years...UNTIL NOW.

I unplugged all of the cables (RC audio etc) to move the tv to a new space. When I plugged everything back in - perfect picture - BUT NO SOUND. I unplugged all the cables again and repluged ensuring they were all fixed but no luck...still no sound. I repeated this several time and ended up breaking on of the rc av cables (white one). I headed down to my electronics store and bought new rc av cables, plugged them back in and still no sound, but perfect picture.

It seems quite strange that just disconnecting the rc av cables for 5 minutes should lose all sound!! After working perfectly all this time.

I would be most thankful and appreciative of any advice. Could it be the sound board? Could I have damaged something in just unplugging the rc audio/visual cables?? Please help!!

Best regards
Nicky

Username: Shimul131

I have sharp lc42dh77e tv. When power is on it only shows red flashing light. Tried reseting by holding the power buttion for 10 sec. red flashing goes off, sounds comes for a while, channel number can be seen on the top and again back to the green flashing light! what is problem and solution? I had this problem twice before and solved by reseting but now its not working.
Tried to enter in the adjustment process mode by following the steps stated in the service manual (Vol- and Input button) but failed, is there any other way?

Word of warning to Sharp TV owners.

If you have a problem with your new TV, report it immediately. I didn't report my problem above until after 6 months. It could have been like that from day 1 but I hardly used the TV. It has maybe a week of use total on it.

Since it was after six months, Sharp said they would only replace it with a REFURBISHED one. @#$$@!!@@#!!

Username: Mrzgt6

If anyone has a broken/non-working Sharp LC-60LE810UN AQUOS that you would like to get rid of, please let me know

Post Number: 5
O.K. I have a solution for the problem for the Sharp Aquos TV that it won't come on, but only a red light or blinking light comes on, this means it it stuck in standby mode. The only solution is that I figured out is "TIME". You have to give it time to come on, Just like a flourecent light bulb, you know, when it won't come on at first but, in time it will. So the first thing you can do is, "UNPLUG" all cables in the back of the TV that goes to the input box. NOW, hold down the - VOL button, and the INPUT button, and then the POWER button, if you want to, keep holding down those buttons and see if it will come one after awhil, but remember, that when holding those buttons after a while for until the TV comes on, you will be in SERVICE MODE. If you don't know anything about these settings in SERVICE MODE, do not mess with anything, If you do, and cannot remember what you changed, Turn power off, and then, on the Input box that goes with th TV, there is a small button that you hold down for resetting those changes to default again. hold it down while turning the TV back on. Now to continue from where I was at, Really, After holding down the -Vol and the Input buttons while pushing the power on button, you will look at the Input box where the power button is, you should see the power light turn to green, it will stay on for a few seconds, and after that, it will turn red then green continueously. Leave it like that until the BACKLIGHT comes on. If you have a computer connected to the Input box, then you will see what ever the computer has on it. Then you leave it on for a while, after 10 minutes. Then you hook up the cables to the back of the TV and the screen will go blank, but still on. You should see a little white box on the screen. you don't need to mess with that. Now, turn off the TV only, and not the Input box. Then turn it back on. If it doesn;t work the first or second time, then repeat these steps, until it does. I usually unplug the Bigger port, the DB plug only then I turn off, and with then holding down the -Vol and the Input buttons then the power button, and then let it set until the Backlight come on. Remember, don't let the TV go into Standby where the TV light goes red, It might take alot longer to make it snap out of Standby.

Username: Shimul131

Thank you for your suggestion. I have already tried to go in to the 'adjustment process mode' (SERVICE MODE) by holding down the vol- and input buttion as stated in the service manual as well as other buttons just to try but it won't go in that mode!
Tried the hairdrier to warm the back of the TV and surprisingly the TV worked all day but again dead! red flushing light with few seconds of sounds and picture and red flushing light!
Didn't understand what you meant by 'turn off the TV only and not the input box', if the input box in the tv, turning off the tv will turn off the input box, no?
thinking to change the inverter board as I assume this the fault part. wish i could go in the adjustment mode to check the error message.

Username: Lovelyann82

I have a Sharp LC-45D40U Aquos I purchased back in June 2006 thru Circuit City. I've never had any problems until now. I have Directv and some channels I can get fine and other channels I can't see the picture and no problem with the sounds. The picture has different colors and lines.
(I thought it was a problem with Directv, but my other TV gets all the channels fine)
Frustrating can see some channels and others nothing!!!!!! The manual is no help!!!
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue????
Thanks

Username: Dhwachs

I am having an odd problem with a brand new Aquos LC60E69U in conjunction with my Verizon FiOS remote control.

I purposely have the FiOS remote (which can be used as a universal remote) set up NOT to control the TV. However, whenever I use the FiOS remote, it performs the FiOS function I intended, but also whatever the last TV function I performed with the Sharp remote is repeated.

For example, if I use the TV remote to increase the volume and then go to change the channel on the FiOS using the Verizon remote, with each button I hit on the Verizon remote, the TV's volume increases.

I have tried using several different FiOS remotes with the same results. I have also tried using other remotes (BluRay, XBox) and did not have the proble (although, admittedly, none of the other remotes can double as universal remotes)

Does this problem ring a bell for anyone? Are there any suggestions?

Post Number: 6
Hello, I am going to try and update an earlier post I have p here. About the Sharp Aquos LC-30HV4U Flat screen TV BACKLIGHT NOT COMING ON. I will get to the point.

If the TV Backlight isn't coming on, and the little red light is just on his means it is in STAND-BY MODE and it is stuck in standby. There are multiple ways to get it to work.

===(1). Turn off TV. Unplug the cables in the back of the TV that go to the TV and LEAVE the TV AV INPUT BOX PLUGGED IN
Hold down the VOL- and INPUT buttons, then with another available finger, push the POWER button down.

Then while holding all 3 buttons, PLUG in the POWER plug into the TV itself. Hold the 3 buttons until the BACKLIGHT of the TV comes on, and the GREEN LIGHT is continuing to stay on, take your fingers off.

When or if it does come on, let go of the 3 buttons and then, plug in all of the cables back to the TV in the back, now it is in SERVICE MODE

With all plugs in, Leave the TV on for 10 Minutes, then try turning it off and then on. If it doesn't come on after turning it off. Repeat this over again until it does.

===(2). Same thing but instead, only unplug the Display Input 2 SNAP-IN cable plug on the TV only, do not unplug the AV IN-OUTPUT BOX<, and, leave the Display Input 1, DB plug plugged in the DB port. While holding down the VOL- and the INPUT buttons and then POWER button.

If the GREEN light on the TV is on and, but not the Backlight<, and you will also see the AV-IN-OUTPUT BOX light also turn's GREEN and RED, just leave it on until the backlight does come on in SERVICE MODE. When it does, PLUG IN the Display Input 2 SNAP-IN cable plug Cable into the plug where it goes into the Display Input 2, DB port on the TV. Wait for 10 Minutes. Then turn it off, and then on. If it doesn't come on the first time, repeat these steps over again.

==(3). If those techniques didn't work right away, turn OFF and ON repeatedly while the TV switches on and off, with the light turning GREEN on the TV and AV INPUT BOX together. Then turn it on and see if it will stay on with out turning off.

==(4). It's best to do this with a computer connected for better results because of default input at startup in SERVICE MODE.

Remember that this TV is a COMPUTER, and it acts like a FLORESCENT light bulb because of the circuitry, charging and discharging. Somewhere in this design, it fails to charge in the time it is required in, because of over time burn-out. This is a terrible design, and a great disappointment to Sharp TV customers.

Username: Richardbrocaw

I just purchased a Sharp Aquos LC-60LE832U. It is connected to my home theater amp via the digital audio out on the TV. Problem is I cannot get Dolby from the TV, just PCM. The manual, p.32 states that there should be an Audio Setup menu under the Input Terminal Setting, but that menu does not appear on this TV. Can anyone help?

Username: Marvtheceo

just for the record I have the delamination/finger problem on a 55 inch Aquos. The TV is now 5 years old, but it started at year 2. TV is in a vacation house so it gets about 30% of the normal TV use. I am pounding on my dealer to get Sharp to do something. From the number of posts here, this seems like a manufacturing problem.

Username: Cshimm

My Sharp Aquos 60" which I have had for 22 months and paid the extra $ thinking that equalled quality, just died. We had an authorized Sharp tech come out. He informed us that the power board and the LCD/LED panel both had shorted out. We had the TV plugged into an $80 surge protector. We contacted Sharp and were informed that Sharp no longer offers assistance, probably due to the numerous requests that they have been receiving. Even though the Sharp looks good and has the best picture of all the 60" units, I will not be purchasing any Sharp equipment. They knew they had a problem but still demanded top dollars for inferior product.

This will probably be the first and only Sharp TV I buy.

Username: Maestral

Hi! I have a problem with sharp 3 d glasses.My tv isLED tv SHARP LC-40LE700E (AQUOS)

What remains to be in the system that would work (some port that connects to the TV?)
With the ordinary (cardboard) 3D glasses can watch 3D movies (but lower quality
Image - kills color), so TV is obviously 3D ready.What's wrong?
Thank You

Username: Johns440rr

I bought a good used Sharp LC-C5277Un from the Goowill for less than half price, :-) ! The only problem i've enountered so far is the sound. All i can get is MONO sound.I went throught he MENU then Audio. Nothing can be changed . It's picture is perfect . The LCD T.V. did not come with a owners manual so i went online and printed one out. It also did not come with a remote so i bought a generic .
I do not have a nice Stereo receiver yet , just the T.V. bt itself. How do i change it so i can get stereo ???
Anyone got a clue what to do ?

Username: Talin

Hi Sharp TV owners and especially DreamingWolf

I have a Sharp LC42D TV that worked great since 2008. lately I had moved it and when I tried plugging it back I got the no picture with sound issue. I tried replacing the cable box, the coax cable to the box, the cables form te box to the TV and using different inputs. I too called Sharp and got the "stretching exercise" instructions to get to the service mode and doing a reset. no luck.

the screen itself is working as I tested it via HDMI.

Any advice (spells, blessings or magic)?

Username: Cgc424gmailcom

I have a 52" Sharp Aquus that has been just great until two days ago. It developed a thin green line vertically down the middle of the screen. Anyone ever had that problem and if so is there a solution?

Username: Magfinch

my sharpe tv works alright, but throughout the time the television is on its comes up with message " Power off in 5minutes, then 4 etc and if not switched on and off by me the set switches itself off. Anyone else come across this problem? How do I correct it?

Username: M_parhar

The picture is trapped in a squared box on the top left hand corner. Probably something got clicked on the remote, does anyone know how to solve this? Would really appreciate your help.

Username: Sonny2727

I have an LC-52SE94U Aqous Special Edition TV...it is about 7 years old, and it has never given me an issue, until this past November. As the pic shows, i am geting this strange "bar-graph" signal or issue on the top right hand corner. It usuall y happens when i turn the TV on after it has been off for few hours.Sometimes it gores away after awhile and sometimes it just stays on,
Has anyone had this issue? I would appreciate any information as to what it is and how to fix it!LOcal cable company has tried few things but to no avail.

Upload

Upload
Upload

Username: Neguoc

hi

i have a sharp lc42lb261u, and i have trouble to setup the colors.
darks are too darks. i can't find a proper setup.
Is anybody know a web site or a method to calibrate the colors, blacks, white ?
thank you

Username: Moonwalk29m

sharp 37" LC-37AD5E-BK
Power Supply & main board & stand can do deal on all for sale both cheap and from working tv

Username: Alterbro

I purchased a LC-40LE653U on 4/26/15. When purchasing another customer informed me that he was just returning this same television because it keeps rebooting itself. He said every hour or so it would shut off and turn back on on it's own. I ignored him, thinking he missed an adjustable setting. Well, needless to say, I experienced the same problem...right out the box. Every 2 to 3 hours the television would just power off and come back on. It would only be off for a few seconds, but its annoying. I searched for a resolution online and came across a resolution on the SharpUSA.com Website, but it did not work - http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/SharpCareCenter/FrequentlyAskedQuestions .aspx. After a week, I decided to call customer service...something I hate doing, but this was a last ditch effort before returning the television to the store. The troubleshooting done over the phone appears to have resolved the problem...seeing how the television has NOT restarted in the past 7 hours of continues use. Within that time it would have normally restarted a minimum of 4 or 5 times.
Here's what customer service had me do. 1st she asked for the software version. I read that to her...We did not perform a software update...that appeared to be the current software version. From the remote control, hit the MENU button, then hit 2-4-8-9 on the remote, which brings you to the factory settings menu, once there select SetUp, then hit Cleaning Mode. The television powered off. I had to turn it back on, and select my input which is HDMI1. I Performed those steps today and haven't had the restart problem since performing

Username: Dmitrychulkov

try to see here http://mans.io/brand/Sharp
if you cannot find info you need - just write to support there

Username: Madinpools

have a sharp aquos lc50le751k and have misplaced the remote and the tv is showing an update message, how can i remove it without the remote

Username: Babson1

Bolivia, North Carolina United States

My Sharp Aquos has no picture or sound when viewing via the hd antenna. It displays the channel and the guide. it briefly displays.
Audio: .-.
Now i understand it is doing it when trying to view netfix. You can view netflix normally as far as searching for movies but when you try to play it goes blank with no sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us