VCR without digital tuner

Username: Rwine77

Post Number: 1
I have an older cable ready tv. My problem is that the tv tuner will cut out and the picture will go to snow after about 5 min. Currently we have a vcr with a tuner that the cable box is connected to. This is connected thru the vcr jacks of the tv and we can use this just fine to watch tv. I want to replace the vcr since the tapes don't play any more with a dvd/vcr combo. Most of these do not have tuners. Is that a problem since we are using the cable box? Or do I have to get one with a new digital tuner in it to continue to watch the tv?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16098
Welcome to eCoustics Richard!

If you use a cable box you don't need a tuner, hook the cable box in the dvd/vcr combo then hook the dvd/vcr output to the video input of your TV, you will get the TV trought the combo but you must let the dvd/vcr powered to make that it work!

The other option is a Digital/analogic tuner hooked directly to the TV!

Username: Hellgrammite123

Post Number: 2
Hello.

I think i have a similar problem to Richard's but i am not sure.

I have 2 tv's. One tv has the digital cable box and can record tv shows on a dvd/vcr. The other tv does not have a cable box but does get some of the channels. The vcr does not record tv shows anymore and needs to be replaced. Do I need to get a dvd/vcr with a digital tuner or not ? I want to be able to record a show while also watching others like the old vcrs used to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 659
If your TV with the digital tuner can receive some channels but not others then a DVD recorder with a digital tuner will behave the same way.

Username: Hellgrammite123

Post Number: 3
ok that is good. Sorry if i dont fully understand everything as I dont know alot about vcrs. i am mainly looking to use the vcr portion of the dvd/vcr. i just want to be able to record channels and watch others at the same time and watch those taped using the vcr portion on a tv that gets cable but does not have a digital cable box. So would a digital tuner be needed? Or can I do everything without a tuner?

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 660
VCR will only work if you cable company still is sending feed with analog signals.

Why don't you just try?????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us