Issues with Samsung DLP inputs - No Signal

Username: Forrestd

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung HL-T4675S DLP television. I bought it used so I am not aware of the service history. When I bought it, there was no picture and the telltale flashing lights that indicated either a failed lamp or color wheel. Online descriptions of each problem were a little ambiguous. I opted to replace the color wheel first, which did not solve the problem. I reinstalled the original color wheel and then attempted replacing the ballast board, thinking it could not power the lamp. That did not resolve the issue, so I then (finally) ordered and replaced the lamp, which got the TV back up and working. However, several of the inputs are not functioning. I can connect A/V devices to the composite (red/white/yellow) connection, but when I choose component (red/green/blue) or hdmi, I get a blank screen for 20 seconds, then a "Searching for signal" message for 15 seconds, then "No signal". Composite and coaxial inputs seem to work just fine. My question: Since coax and composite work, and component and hdmi do not, is this something I didn't connect properly when taking apart/putting together the television? If no, is it possible that an interface board partially failed? If not, are coax/composite inputs controlled differently than component/hdmi inputs? If so, what is the part that I need to replace to get hdmi and component working again? I know these are a lot of questions, but I am shotgunning at this point. I've exhausted my knowledge. Any and all help would be appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us