RCA DLP 50LPW2 color wheel making loud noise. is it easy to change out ?

Username: Mc5456

Post Number: 1
The color wheel on my RCA DLP is making a loud noise, is it easy to change out ?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14862
Welcome to eCoustics mc5456!

Are you sure that it is not the cooler fan that make this noise?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14863
OK Read this to helping you to repair your problem!

Whit a canned air you can clean the air bearing with the lamp removed.

http://www.highdefforum.com/rear-projection-tvs/52294-loud-humming-noise-lg-dlp. html

Username: Linus

Post Number: 1
I too replaced my lamp in my RCA m50wh72, (4-5 yo) once removed, I did find it to be bad, it was rattling inside. However, that did not solve the problem, the TV is still black, but sound is fine. I get the 5 blinks..it seems that the lamp is still a problem.

There is a definite humming inside that starts, then slows, then start up again and continues for as long as the TV is on. Is there any part that would go bad that would subsequently make the lamp fail?

It seems too much of a coincidence that 2 parts fail at the same time, they have to be connected...I am thinking ballast.

I have not read through much on this forum, but it seems that all HDTV's have major problems, much more so than the old non hdtv's...I have had sony's that lasted for 20 years and an old no name that is still running strong going on 15 years. This sux that there are this many failures out there, is this common, are there any hdtv's out there that are of good quality?

Thanks in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us