What to buy???

Silver Member
Username: Bjcrisp6478

Post Number: 344
looking to buy something to get free tv whats good to buy now?? anything lasting long ?? i got a viewsat extreme and guess it's not good for nothing but a door stop.....any help would be nice thanks

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20509
This URL represents
There is a lot of dissatisfaction with it. Besides in most cases you need an extra $100 attachment called "the dongle". It is free.
You can buy private IKS on many of those receivers at about $35 for one year. The service is a little bit more reliable. If you pay more you may get better Private IKS at a somewhat higher price.

Username: Stoney4

Post Number: 7
I have had my Nano2 for about 10 months now and If its DN you are looking for, they are good. They have very good up-time and support is good. I always get all major ppv events as well.

Gold Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 1092
Times are tough at the moment for IKS esp. in terms of stability. I wouldn't put my money on anything at the moment.

The next thing that needs to be invented in distributed key sharing (like bittorrent). If some bored coder could start working on a universal protocol which all receiver vendors could use...

P.S. There's no such thing as free TV.

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_ruthless

Bancock, Taiwai Korea

Post Number: 79
True, divide the total cost of receivers, cards, loaders, etc., over the years by the number of months they are up. Can be costly.

Nfusion lasted about a year. My Kbox lasted 4 weeks and 200 bucks later. Limesat up a few months and only too few channel lately, now starting to go down too often too like the others.

Free digital over the air VHF is always up for local stations, this replaced analogue antenna. This is the way to go if for backup to something than nothing as the number of channels available are still relatively few to cable or satellite.

I am also investigating Netflix to get TV over the net as sound systems now allow connecting to this and YouTube. As a result of increasingly more internet entertainment available, cable and satellite will be something of the past some day. Just like the electric car will wipe out oil companies which are the largest and most profitable firms on the globe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us