The end of C-Band is here NOW before the end of December

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15792
As a loyal C-Band subscriber for over 15 years, I am appalled at the insensitivity of NPS to the whole C-Band community. I just had a Guide issue tonight and after the dust settled, the programming (on G-1 (that's G-12 actually)) I had paid for through the end of December is now gone. Further they had the gall to tell me it was a fine tuning problem at my end. After much discussion (over 1 hour on the phone) I learned that they no longer have a C-band technition on staff and that they can no longer authorize ( turn back on) programming after 8 December 2010. And finely I was told that the move channel package expited yesterday. Funny thing I renewed all at the same time and all should expire on 26 Dec. Also I was receiving ALL my programming prior to the re-hits to try and get the programming guide to load. All in all it appears that NPS PURPOSLY turned off all my movie channels during the 1st set of re-hits. Ph yes, when the the customer service agent asked me what I was plannin on doing for programming after the end of the week, I responded with, " I am going with a local solution " when the customer service agent asked for more details I repeated my statement and added that " I will NOT get DISH programming through NPS or any other provider since it appears that DISH incolusion with Motorola and NPS have effectivly killed C-Band Subsciption progamming" needless to say this dis not go over to well. There is still lots of In The Clear C-Band and Ku-Band programming that I can get with my BUD. May need to ask Santa for an Openbox S-9 receiver!! Grin
Since the only remaining C-Band subsciption option is the W-5 ( that's AMC-18) HITS package. However it falls far short of all I was previously receiving. Since it is my belief that DISH in cahoots with NPS and Motorola killed C-Band. I will NOT consider DI$H at all, having looked at package pricing for DI$H, Direct-TV, Charter Cable, and AT&T U-VERSE, I am very much leaning to AT&T U-VERSE for many reasons. But I will keep my BUD active looking for ITC Free programming and wild feeds. Plus I may recycle my old Starband dish and use it for Ku programming.
All in all tonight has just sucked green scummy NPS pond water.

Silver Member
Username: Chaff

Post Number: 550

quote:

As a loyal C-Band subscriber for over 15 years

more BS from playmouth

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15799
UploadBla Bla Bla!

Silver Member
Username: Chaff

Post Number: 551
Thanks Pete

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 2272
There seems to be some misinformation going on that Motorola will be ending c band support as of the end of the year. This is not true. NPS is getting out of selling c band subscriptions and lieing to convert people over to Dish Network.

I called NPS twice today and they told me these lie's and wanted me to convert. I called SRL and they told me this is not true. I then called Skyvision and had a nice conversation with Mike Kohl about this. Mike's exact words were "hogwash" NPS has made a deal with the devil and is trying to sell there remaining customers to Charlie.

Mike also said that he will be talking about this whole issue on Friday night on Access America. He went into other details but I'll let him tell everything this Friday.

The bottom line is if your not with SRL or Skyvision renew your subscriptions with them as soon as your subs with NPS run out. I will be doing this.

Do not bite on NPS's offers to transition you to dish network. They are pulling a Superstar, Netlink, Turnervision.

Bronze Member
Username: Hardone

Post Number: 68
Thank you zulu for correcting the original poster.

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20465
zulu: You are deliberately trying to discredit Plymouth. He posted a very informative AND CURRENT post about C-Band.
Here is the reference to what Plymouth is posting dated two days ago

You deliberately and Maliciously countered with somebody else's post dated February 2010.!
Here is the thread with February date where they are talking about it.

Why you want to discredit Plymouth, we all know - because he booted your idol LK out of this high level of discussion.
Why you want to misinform the members of this forum is
what I want to know.

Bronze Member
Username: Hardone

Post Number: 69
zulu.....Thank you for correcting the original poster

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15801
Nydas

Losers will always stay loser!

zulu is one of them!

False conservative go play with your Mom!

Bronze Member
Username: Blue_monday

Post Number: 75

Post Number: 20465
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 06:09 pm:
zulu: You are deliberately trying to discredit Plymouth. He posted a very informative AND CURRENT post about C-Band.
Here is the thread with February date where they are talking about it.
Here is the reference to what Plymouth is posting dated two days ago

Nalin's C/P
C-Band at the End?

Looks like the consumer C-Band business will be dead and gone by the end of this year. After hearing from several retailers about rumors that Motorola would cease its authorization stream, we started making inquires. No response from Motorola but Mike Monfort of National Programming Service (NPS) confirms that the demise is likely.

Plymouth's C/P
As a loyal C-Band subscriber for over 15 years, I am appalled at the insensitivity of NPS to the whole C-Band community. I just had a Guide issue tonight and after the dust settled, the programming (on G-1 (that's G-12 actually)) I had paid for through the end of December is now gone. Further they had the gall to tell me it was a fine tuning problem at my end. After much discussion (over 1 hour on the phone) I learned that they no longer have a C-band technition on staff and that they can no longer authorize ( turn back on) programming after 8 December 2010. And finely I was told that the move channel package expited yesterday. Funny thing I renewed all at the same time and all should expire on 26 Dec.

Two different C/Ps
You & Plymouth back each other up with false
info. and Lies, when a member posts the truth
you call it trying to discredit you and Plymouth

You two have no credit here.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20468

The Shadow:
We recognize you as the shadow of LK.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20469

Here is what Plymouth was talking about.
The end of C-Band is here NOW before the end of December
12-21-2010, 08:34 PM

As a loyal C-Band subscriber for over 15 years, I am appalled at the insensitivity of NPS to the whole C-Band community. I just had a Guide issue tonight and after the dust settled, the programming (on G-1 (that's G-12 actually)) I had paid for through the end of December is now gone. Further they had the gall to tell me it was a fine tuning problem at my end. After much discussion (over 1 hour on the phone) I learned that they no longer have a C-band technition on staff and that they can no longer authorize ( turn back on) programming after 8 December 2010. And finely I was told that the move channel package expited yesterday. Funny thing I renewed all at the same time and all should expire on 26 Dec. Also I was receiving ALL my programming prior to the re-hits to try and get the programming guide to load. All in all it appears that NPS PURPOSLY turned off all my movie channels during the 1st set of re-hits. Ph yes, when the the customer service agent asked me what I was plannin on doing for programming after the end of the week, I responded with, " I am going with a local solution " when the customer service agent asked for more details I repeated my statement and added that " I will NOT get DISH programming through NPS or any other provider since it appears that DISH incolusion with Motorola and NPS have effectivly killed C-Band Subsciption progamming" needless to say this dis not go over to well. There is still lots of In The Clear C-Band and Ku-Band programming that I can get with my BUD. May need to ask Santa for an Openbox S-9 receiver!! Grin
Since the only remaining C-Band subsciption option is the W-5 ( that's AMC-18) HITS package. However it falls far short of all I was previously receiving. Since it is my belief that DISH in cahoots with NPS and Motorola killed C-Band. I will NOT consider DI$H at all, having looked at package pricing for DI$H, Direct-TV, Charter Cable, and AT&T U-VERSE, I am very much leaning to AT&T U-VERSE for many reasons. But I will keep my BUD active looking for ITC Free programming and wild feeds. Plus I may recycle my old Starband dish and use it for Ku programming.
All in all tonight has just sucked green scummy NPS pond water.

THAT INFORMATION IS ONLY 2-3 DAYS OLD.
NOW BUZZ OFF, SHADOW.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 7545

Gold Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 1085
NPS is discontinuing c band sub, skyvision is not (just go to their homepage), and other companies are not. Problem is that channels are being removed from programming - more are being shut down that are re-appearing by the looks of it.
(example)
h**p://www.programming-center.net/

C/P from Mediabiz
"Please note that Motorola is continuously working with our customers to deliver expectations and offerings that will meet our customers needs. Motorola operates the C-Band authorization center on a cost-recovery basis for the benefit of those who continue to utilize C-Band as a content delivery platform. As programmers move from C-Band to other distribution methods, costs on a per-user basis continue to rise. Motorola will continue to operate the Authorization Center until the remaining users no longer feel that it is an economically viable distribution strategy for their content."
end C/P

Sounds like a slow death to me

Gold Member

Post Number: 1086
That's what happens when companies hire manual monkeys for $10/hour off of the streets, if it was out of ignorance.

Bottom line is that people like smaller dishes even though c band reception is better. Money talks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1087
Besides, why are all you c band subbies complaining? Didn't you hear that the world will end Dec 21 2012...

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24139
I better stock up on beer.

Gold Member
Username: Lol

MAYBE I CAN ASK TO, , ADMIN TO BAN YOU

Post Number: 1761
Beer and Prostitutes so little time left
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums