DishNetwork SD programming vs HD programming

Bronze Member
Username: Sfh99

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 55
Hello all
My friend in USA will have Dishnetwork sub. He is asking whats the differentce between Dishnetwork SD and HD programming ? . Dishnetwork asking more money for HD reciever and dish. Whats the programming quality of dishnetwork SD and HD. The dealer said there is not much difference between SD and HD programming from dishnetwork, they appears almost same quality so don't spend on HD equipment.

Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14283
Farhan

Your friend is not right if we talk about the Turbo HD which is MPEG-4 H.264 1080p but for many HD channels he is right because the channels are too much compressed!

Bronze Member
Username: Sfh99

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 56
well he is getting all movie packs which comes with HD movies so he is concern about the quality. if there is not much difference on HD movies and SD movies than there is no need to spend more on HD equipment.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4251
There is a huge difference. Anyone that says there isn't much difference is clueless. You also can't get widescreen out of ANY DN SD receiver. HD programming is free for life with payments charged to a card. DN SD sucks. The HD looks great, even on a 50" TV.

Gold Member
Username: Lomna

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1220
I agree David.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1652
That dealer does not have a clue what he is talking about.
As stated above, there is a HUGE difference between SD and HD.

Remember, you need an HDTV to view real HD. Otherwise, it will make no difference. DN HD is great - I used to have their HD package.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us