Satellite company gives man bad signals on his bills

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14178
Satellite company gives man bad signals on his bills

Television has changed a lot in the past 30 years. Cable and satellite TV gives you a lot more channel choices (of course we know you only watch KENS-5).

But a man from Hondo who switched satellite providers says he got a lot more than channels '" he got more bills!
So he called Barry Davis and Eyewitness Wants to Know.

'I thought this was going to save me money,' says Lewis.

Jessie Lewis thought he was getting a great deal when he signed up for a bundled internet, phone and satellite TV service. But it meant changing providers. He called Dish Network and told them to cancel the service, he signed with Direct TV. Dish Network asked Lewis for the serial numbers on the gear and they'll turn it off.

'Direct TV told me they notified Dish Network too!' added Lewis. 'I said, 'I can't get you the serial numbers because I can't get down on the floor and get them. If I do, I can't get back up.'

Four months went by and Lewis noticed Dish Network was still billing him for the service. He called and they showed said they still hadn't received the serial numbers. But they would cancel it now anyway.

'I said I still haven't given you the serial numbers. How can [cancel] it now and couldn't do it in January?' asked Lewis.

'They also told him, 'You're not getting a refund for $379 for the four months of extra billing.'

'I think they took this dishonestly, charged my Visa when I asked them to discontinue my service.'

It didn't sound honest to us either. So we called Dish Network.

They immediately changed channels and within an hour they called Lewis to apologize. They also said it was all a mix up somewhere along the line and issued a full refund to his credit card.

But that still left me with a burning question for Lewis: why do you need anything but KENS-5?
'We watch a lot of westerns,' quipped Lewis.
'We don't put on enough westerns on for you?'
'Well'not really.'
'You want me to talk to the General Manager?'
'Yeah'why don't you do that?'

I don't really have that kind of weight, but if you're dealing with someone and they have their signals crossed call me at 210-377-8647 or send an email to ewtk @ kens5.com. Maybe we can help change their programming.

Source: http://www.kens5.com/news/Satellite-comp...73174.html

Silver Member
Username: Chaff

Post Number: 407
'Well'not really.'

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19064
Now-a-days even to view simple text such a s quote marks, you need Unicode. If in Plymouth's post above you do not see the quote marks and instead see some funny characters, is because you are not viewing through Unicode character set.
For the information of Chaff aka LK, most of the world has changed over to Unicode in some form or other. Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7 use 16 bit Unicode LE (Little Endian) internally. UTF-8 is the more prevalent standard, soon to be taken over by 32 bit Unicode, probably LE version. If you use English, you would not notice the difference till you come across a Unicode encoded document.

To view characters in UTF-8
Internet Explorer 7: View/Encoding /Unicode UTF-8
Mozilla Firefox 3 and higher: View/Character Encoding /Unicode UTF-8
Older Browsers may require Mcirosofts Arial MS Unicode character set or Lucida Unicode, but this is becoming redundant.

This is all a result of the American English speaking world discovering that there exist other nations and languages besides America and English.

Wordpad is the most readily available writer to write in Unicode. I have not used Word 2007, but with a little effort you can use Word 2003 to write in Unicode. You can use Open Office 3 and up for writing in Unicode. Google has extensive facility to write in Arabic and Indic languages.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us