About Hubs for IKS.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18723
About Hubs for IKS.

Each hub is in some aspects the same as and in the functional aspects very different.
They all do a Ethernet to USB conversion.
However, you cannot use a hub designed for one receiver for another receiver, because the software/firmware is usually radically different and they talk to different servers. There is likely to be the odd one which might be modified to work on another receiver, but it is not within the capacity of an average FTA user.
The distributors of these hubs make a profit, part of which is used to set up IKS servers. So in effect you are paying up front for the IKS service.

Silver Member
Username: Liger

Post Number: 239
Nalin,
You guys gotta stop advertising IKS. If people keep buying IKS $hit based $hit, then N3 fix aint gonna be available. The only way people can force "EYE-GEY-AZZ" termination is by not buying "EYE-GEY-AZZ" based $hit. Believe me, if we make enough noise, there will be N3 fix cuz dem modafuckas wanna make money. So u, playmouth and others gotta stop advertising/supporting "EYE-GEY-AZZ" (IKS)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18729
Liger: I have noticed your crusade for N3. I wish you best of luck with it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
Nalin,

As i said, this aint one person thing, we all gotta work together for something that is more beneficial to us all. If you say as you've put it, "my crusade" then why don't you join me. Let me ask you this, what would it take to stop from advertising IKS? You know IKS alternative is crap and there has to be something more stable. What's your take Nalin?

Silver Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 625
Liger .... u try make N3...ok

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
Pest Control, why u wanna people to waste money "EYE-GEY-AZZ"
Tell me WTF is really workin, nothin right. I guess u got my point.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18738
Liger. I understand your need for N3 and also the problems with IKS. I think the major funding for N3 development has dried up. For hackers it is about 20 times easier to write the simple software for IKS. Once it is done, it is difficult for the powers to put ECMs.
The main cost of IKS is in the servers and maintainence of the service as we have seen in the [ast few months.

N3 is much more costly to develop, and ECMs on it are very easily put and somewhat difficult to counter as we saw in the N2 world.

Also you have t understand that a majority of good programmers will NOT accept a hacking assignment of the kind needed for N3 development. The programmers that can legally accept such an assignment are lving abroad or will be required to live abroad. Easier said than done.

Username: Bhartej

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys,
K box still down??
when is going to work back!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Kowarrior

Post Number: 24
It'll work when those idiots crawl out of their holes and start working on it as opposed to just hiding away and keeping customers in the dark like they always do.

Username: Bhartej

Post Number: 2
Thank you Hanz

Bronze Member
Username: Rjs786

Brampton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 42
Bharat, Yap K-box is down

Bronze Member
Username: Quetoidalat

Post Number: 17
Liger You are right, I'm tired with ISK