Will a dish satellite work with a DTV receiver?

Username: Frag

Post Number: 1
If so, how do I set it up? Any information would be helpful, Im completely new to this.

Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18602
If you have a subscription to Dish Network, you should get a Dish receiver for practically free.
If you don't have a subscription then the answer is "no".

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16250
Bullshit Numb Nuts nalin...wrong incorrect info from U again.....

Brody ...YES...A Dishnetwork (DN) antenna/dish WILL get Directv (DTV) 's main 101w satellite with a DTV receiver and subscribed activated access card...just aim the dish SW towards the 101 satellite ...all a dish is, is a hunk of metal that reflects satellite signals off the dish on to the LNB's mounted on the front, that carry the signal to yer receiver that unscrambles the signals via the "smart" access card in it...ya need a subscription to get DTV, no matter what....I use the same dish for DN and DTV...

DN, DTV, Bev, etc all use different satellites in orbit to bounce their signals to yer home..so ya just need to have the dish aimed correctly, using correct type LNB's, and wired to yer subscribed receiver..unless yer using FTA and IKS internet, which U prollly are not, since ya sound like a newbie, and just starting...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18603
Brody: I don't know if this was trick question or what.
I answered on "Will a dish satellite work with a DTV receiver?"
LK is answering "WILL get Directv (DTV) 's main 101w satellite with a DTV receiver"

My understaning is that "Directv (DTV) 's main 101w satellite" is NOT a "dish satellite".

That is what it is and nothing can change till Dsh buys out "(DTV)'s 101w satellite"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18609
As I said "Dish sateliite will NOT work with a DTV receiver".

The only person that needs fixing is LK. The best way to fix her is to incarcerate her ina Florida Key sucha as Largo Key.

And Chopper, you are not needed to chop anything.

Post Number: 2
Ok, so two different answers. Yes, I have a dish satellite but a DTV receiver with a paid subcription. So, which person is correct? Me pointing my Dish network satellite towards the SW will or will not work with my DTV receiver?

Bronze Member
Username: Pancho_vili

Post Number: 57
Brody......like LK said........all a dish is, is a hunk of metal that reflects satellite signals off the dish on to the LNB.

Nalin Nyda has no practical experience on this Hobby
his only knowledge came from C/Ps and LK.

Now sir who do you want to believe.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16258
Brody..it WILL WORK most definitely 100% ..I currently am using a DN antenna/dish aimed towards the SW at the DTV 101w satellite in orbit and receiving DTV signals and channels on my DTV receiver on a paid DTV subscription.....many ppl do this, its not uncommon at all..

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 13386
Broby

You can reaimed your Dn dish to get 101W and use it with your DTV receiver!
Both use circular LNB!
Which model of Dn dish?

Post Number: 3
I have a dish pro (from dish network). Thanks for all your input, is there anything else I need to do to get this to work?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13388
Use Dishpointer.com to aim your dish!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Plymouth what do you mean when you say
Both use circular LNB!?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13390
Hombre

Dn and DTV use circular LNB to get their own SD satellites!

If you talk about HD, the Dn dish doesn't work because DTV use the KA-Band!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
But what did that had to do with his question?
you answer that Both use circular LNB!?

His Dish would also work on a Linear polarization
to pickup AMC 4 at 101.0°W?

If he wanted to add a FTA receiver, Linear LNB
and a DiSEqC switch

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13391
He asked for DTV sub not FTA!

Silver Member
Username: Jaye50

Post Number: 169
this argument could have been prevented if you guys would have just schooled brody from the beginning that what is sitting in his yard is not a satellite.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Broby
You can reaimed your Dn dish to get 101W and use it with your DTV receiver!
Both use circular LNB!

You two are something to behold
Nalin Says NO he can't use a Dish with his Direct TV receiver
You Say YES Both use circular LNB!

Comedians of ecoustics Satellite TV

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18617
Your question was "Will a dish satellite work with a DTV..."
Next you say
"I have a dish pro (from dish network). "

A dish pro Dish and LNB is not the same thing as Dish Satellite. The satellite is thousands of miles away and your dish is on your roof.

Your Dishpro dish and LNB will pick up Dish satellite signals. The same LNB will also pick up DTV satellite signas - but only one satellite at a time. If you have a newer IKS connected FTA receiver, you would be able to see a picture on your TV. I can almost guarantee you that using a DTV receiver you will NOT be able to see a TV picture from any of the Dish satellites. Try and and let us know.
The issue boils down to practicalities. Why wopuld you want to use a DTV receiver to view TV from DishPro LNBs? In the sequence of choices, it would
1st choice: a Dish receiver. I siad you can get it practically free with a sunscription.
2nd choice: a IKS enabled FTA receiver. It will work with interuptions.
3rd choice. Use you old or existing DTV receiver. Well why not try it out before asking here? Perhaps you tried and it did not work, then I am confirming that most likely it will not work - go to choice 1 or 2.
4th choice. Somebody giving you a DTV reciever - try it out and most probably it will NOT work- go to choice 1 or 2.
5th choice: Buy a used DTV receiver. Not advisable

I said that briefly in my first post. LK can squirm and fume again and again, but that is what I said and it remains the same.

Q.E.D.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13397
Brody

You can use the Dn dish at your work with the actived extra receiver!
Active it to your home then bring it to your work!

Post Number: 5
ok

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13398
Hombre

There is nothing hard to understand how a DTV system work!

I have 2 motorized dishes which is more complexity than DTV!

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Canada

Post Number: 4169
posted a trap question to get Nalin or me
that's the second time I've read that from you or Nalin in 2 days...

I have a question... why would someone waste their time posting a "trap question"?

Either you know the answer or you don't!
Or you've miss read it all together.

Since when did this forum become just for you or nalin to answer?

The forum we are in isn't named "Plymouths and Nalins Satellite TV forum" (no one else can answer)

Stop making this place your personal play ground and give others a chance. ! How immature can ya get?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16260
Brody...as I told ya before..and this will also be fine at your workplace...yes U can use a DN dish with your DTV extra subscribed receiver at home...just aim the dish SW towards the DTV 101W satellite...this may help ya aim the dish... http://www.dishpointer.com ..and yes I know U were referring to a DN satellite dish, it was obvious what ya meant, unless yer retarded like Plymouth (plymutt) and nalin (Numb Nuts) who like to disrupt the forums , trying to kill FTA, sub sharing, and all satellite TV users.....they are here to monitor FTA and satellite news and just like to argue and post crap to get post counts up because they are rats and moles planted here, working for the law through Ecoustics, trying to kill this satellite piracy and hobby...that would be the 2 moles ...Plymouth and nalin...2 fruitcakes and rats..posing as regular members here, which obviously they are not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------

"Brody ...YES...A Dishnetwork (DN) antenna/dish WILL get Directv (DTV) 's main 101w satellite with a DTV receiver and subscribed activated access card...just aim the dish SW towards the 101 satellite ...all a dish is, is a hunk of metal that reflects satellite signals off the dish on to the LNB's mounted on the front, that carry the signal to yer receiver that unscrambles the signals via the "smart" access card in it...ya need a subscription to get DTV, no matter what....I use the same dish for DN and DTV...

DN, DTV, Bev, etc all use different satellites in orbit to bounce their signals to yer home..so ya just need to have the dish aimed correctly, using correct type LNB's, and wired to yer subscribed receiver.."

Bronze Member
Username: Josh85

Gordon, PA

Post Number: 54
When I changed service the installer ripped the dish off my roof and threw it on the ground 30' down. I asked why, will the old dish not work with the new service? The installer just replied that it was because the competitor's name was on the dish. He was required to remove it he told me. But I also read somewhere that an installer of any kind is not permitted to remove any equipment off someone's property without consent, which he didn't have. He was simply removing his competition without consent.

Kind of like when Plymouth or Nalin remove posts of other members for their own agenda here and threaten to ban those who speak up about it. I swear those mates are in need of something and they just haven't found it I suppose. Down a few pints and restart yer minds people.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us