Samsung DLP

Username: Apitcher23

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung DLP and I replaced the bulb about 10 months ago. All of the sudden, without warning, a strange noise occurred and the screen went black. When we turn the TV on we get the same black screen with a weird buzzing noise coming from the back. Also, we have no audio. Any ideas?

Thanks

Username: Tvtroublesolution

San Diego, California USA

Hi.....
This is a very common issue with Samsung DLP's the buzzing sound is a weak ballast trying to ignite the lamp. Try to take out lamp from TV is most probably shattered from inside, if that lamp was a Philips lamp it shoulded last you around 6000 to 8000 hours, if it last you less than that, well that will actually tell you that the ballast was not sending regulated voltage to the lamp, it was working very unstable going up and down constantly on the voltage limits, and that make the mercury gas of the lamp consumed faster until it didnt had enough gas (lets say 30% of gas) and with the unstable voltage of ballast cause it to blown from inside. I will recommend to change the ballast with the lamp as well........ there is a lot of places where you can find this......
directly from
samsungparts.com (their customer service is not that good)
and another good reliable site is
Discount-Merchant.com (you can even call them)

Username: Captsteve

Chicago, IL United States

The buzzing noise has been fixed. Now there is a LAMP light on, and I'm under the impression that a new lamp is needed. Just the lamp, the entire lamp module, or something else?
Here's what I have: Turn TV on. Sound, but no picture. LAMP in flashing in green on the power button on the front of the TV. After about 30 seconds it turns itself off.
samsung HLP4663Wx/xaa

Username: Lucky101

HydeabadUnited States

Post Number: 6
Hi Tvtroublesolution, I want to add a site too they are also offering very cheap discount on lamps of almost all the brands. Check out the site;

http://www.projectorlampsworld.com/

I have got a bulb from them there support is quite impressive give them a try they are good.

Username: Bigger1

i have a hlr5067w tv it works good no noise. but the color is dull and the picture is not bright and clear. is this a bulb issue or some thing else. help .thanks

Username: Emsinson

Chino Hills, CA USA

I have a Samsung HLP5674WX/XAA model that turns black and white all of a sudden. Could if be from the color wheel? Please advise...

Bronze Member
Username: Lucky101

HydeabadUnited States

Post Number: 24
Hi edwin color variation is definitely a problem in color wheel. You should definitely change it.
Dull images are due to the fact that the lamp life is very less. You should start thinking of getting one soon Dave
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us