Is the Viewsat Weather Forecast file is built-in inside the Hub?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 13148
Since we can't see the file out for the WF, is possible that the software is inside the Hub?

Yes it can be possible!

The rumor was that the WF will be used with the factory bin, we know that we can load a file by the serial port then the only thing need to make that the picture can coming is the keys, even it seem that only receivers with card slot will work with the WF!

The program need to operate the system will be very small and can be inserted on a small Eeprom!

Is this the reason why the Hub is expensive?

We can speculated on this which can be the real thing to happened but it can be also a file posted which is not out at this time then let us think that it is again a big joke made by Viewsat!

Original by Plymouth.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18499
I think many of the "IKS providers" are on hold because of the new IKS2 thing that is going to come shortly. I am quite sure that the software that is needed in the "hub" is trivial compared to what was needed for N2 and now for N3. so it is within the capacity of average programs to create a piece of software that will send out the service to different receiver models.
They don't want to spend dollars on elaborate servers abroad only to be superceded by IKS2.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13150
Don't buy this WF before we receive few good comments!

Bronze Member
Username: Dssbss

Post Number: 23
they have not been shipped yet.smells bad

Label/Receipt Number:
Class: Priority Mail
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on March 9, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13156
FTABS

You received this mail answer from Postal Service?

Bronze Member
Username: Dssbss

Post Number: 24
yes !! its a old drop shippers ploy,they don't have them so they have a shipping company print out there shipping labels,the label printer company sends this type e-mail and the vendor don't ship because they don't have product.some time in the future u may get something shipped to you.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13157
FTABS

It look very bad!

Silver Member
Username: Mohamad_obama

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 568
From a poster on another site: C/P

Weather Forecasters have started to arrive at customers door steps ( I have mine here)

awaiting software release so i can give you guys a review

stay tuned...

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13162
Mohamad

Why this software is not out if people received it!

Silver Member
Username: Mohamad_obama

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 570
They are fixing some glitches in it. It is not quite as stable as they would like it to be.

That's what I'm being told.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us