ViaAccess 2 Cracked

Bronze Member
Username: Fuglyb1tch_

Post Number: 41
Just an FYI. For those running DVB-PCI just get the latest vplug, European members will appreciate this more. As there are only a handful of channels using this encryption method available in NA.

I also wanted to post this as one of our resident compulsive posters tried to challenge me on what I know about encryption systems.

So lets separate the boys from the men here can anyone tell me why this is significant news?

And make no mistake this is HUGE news....

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

ModeratorCanada

Post Number: 12301
nobody

Viaccess does not give many channels here in North America!

It is wildly used in Europe but nothing good to get here if it's AMC with few channels.

Nalin is not well geared to get linear channels, so this thread will not give a good example for what Nalin know!

It's a sort of bashing against him!

No?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Oh this is not an attack on Nalin, more a challenge if you will

Also I clearly said that its pretty much irrelevant to NA users, and more for Europeans....but there is something very important about Viaccess being cracked and anyone who has in depth understanding of encryption will be able to tell you what that is... as I said this is VERY big news.

So who can tell me why.......

Silver Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 301
VERY big news... we might be dusting our old dave boxes off soon!

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17415
Plymouth: nobody cracked 256 bit encryption on USB drives 3 days ago, now the Viaaccess crack.
I think we should expect a hat trick from him. I wonder if he is really hinting that he will cracking N3 very soon?
He is the grandson of Marian Rejewski, who broke the enigma code during WW2.

Silver Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 148
( c&p )
There are fresh rumors around on German boards, that
Viaccess 3.0, which uses a chip similar to the P4, has been
recently compromised and there is an emulation for FTA.

The word is around the forums that this is a fake announcement,
they only want to sell Venton HD200S boxes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Bill Hunter...spot on

Cheap Trick you are actually right and wrong, congratulations even with a C/P you were able to do what Nalin couldn't. This member prefers to just bash once anyone puts them into a corner so going forward I will just ignore their posts, as they clearly have no really relevant information to put forward.

Having said that its not a rumour. I am not sure about the Venton boxes I have never owned a STB, but for DVB-PCI cards you can view Viaccess 2.6 with vplug. This plugin was once used for N2.

The big news is that the P4 system as well as Viaccess2 system both use an SLE66 processor. Which means this could be the beginning steps to a real P4 hack...only time will tell because the GX28 uses a 650 nm process, while the P4 uses a 250 nm process. This would make the P4 alot harder to probe, and even if engineers were able to microprobe it, it would be much more difficult to do any really invasive attacks like optical glitching without doing damage to the hardware.

But still really impressive none the less.

Gold Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 1039
... and wouldn't it be ironic if Echostar funded the P4 NDS hack. Sweet retribution. >:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
LOL ^ I had totally forgotten about that whole fiasco...but yeah would that would be hilarious

Silver Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 149
One swallow does not make a spring,
nor does one chip makes for a system.....

this Viaccess stint goes same place
as a dead end road does......

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17419
"this Viaccess stint goes same place
as a dead end road does...... "

I agree.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
@ Cheap trick

One swallow does not make a spring,
nor does one chip makes for a system.....

this Viaccess stint goes same place
as a dead end road does......

One chip doesn't make the system but being able to break into a chip so similar to the one being used in the P4 is definately a good thing. Its the first step to understanding what is really behind P4. You could think of it this way one alternator doesn;t make an engine.... but understanding what an alternator does, and how it works you could probably figure out how an alternator on another car works....particularily if that car is from the same manufacturer.

Gold Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 1040
Cracking viaaccess is a proof of concept - the concept being that hardware encryption is hackable. It's just a matter of whose going to step up to the plate to provide $$ for cracking another access system, and, who is willing to fight potential court battles.

I wouldn't say that it's a dead-end. It's nice to hear about a bit of blackhat headway being made wrt to related technology.

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_ruthless

Bancock, Taiwai Korea

Post Number: 26
Breaking 256 bit encryption? Hacking a firmware firewall on a smart card? ...forget it. they are stroking you.

Even NDS didn't give Dave the code. Instead, they gave them machines to test the cards functionality so no one could point fingers at each other in how it got leaked again...and leaking is the only practical way a fix could prevail in my view.

I can not see enormous talent and energies using a multi-million dollar lab just to reverse engineer gate structures to hack TV either. The doctors there would have kittens.

They closed the largest and most popular accessibility at each era (Dave P3's, Pansit, NFision, KBux) successfully while suing anyone anyone in their path to protect their treasure chest. Peanuts for the difference it makes with a smaller viewing audience for their advertisers. In this economy people could use a break who couldn't or wouldn't pay for the waves traveling through their bodies and bombarding their backyards. They have far from destitute pals in big business or government to throw the poor in jail.

It's a lame hobby now, the bigger players like NFusion and KBox taken down with no word from new fixes or servers, only more obscure boxes working for now and aI stress for now. If anything becomes popular, timber she goes.

Fixes are increasingly shorter lived too as time progresses in this interesting hobby.

If some one claims the new chips were hacked, they are lying, unless it was leaked (the only way) which is highly unlikely and hence rumor in my view. Even bank cards have migrated to smartcard technology for security sake.

Bronze Member
Username: _fuglyb1tch

Post Number: 27
no one is claiming a P4 hack...viaccess2 though has been hacked its confirmed, look up vplug for DVB-PCI setups.

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 500
Viaccess is currently used by a large number of providers. These include;

ART
Boxer TV Access
NTV
Televisa Networks
Canal Satellite France
ETTV
TBLTV
Home2US
YouSee
Croatian Radiotelevision
RTV Slovenija
SRG SSR idée suisse
Sveriges Television (SVT World)

Silver Member
Username: Liger

Post Number: 224
nobody,
can you please post a link where I can get some files and setup info for dvb-pci. You see, I got a twinhan pci card that I would like to setup for it. I'll test and let you all know how real this thing is.

BTW, what sat uses this encryption and what size dish is needed to pick it up.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1981
Well!! The above script is an example that if we can keep Nalin and Plymouth OUT of our threads we can all learn something.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

ModeratorCanada

Post Number: 12302
Runnergay

Go play with your Tonka!

Bronze Member
Username: _fuglyb1tch

Post Number: 30
@Liger

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymnjgynznq5

1) You need the latest vplug with all patches etc.
2) Edit your vPlug.ini file, just open it in notepad and find ProviderID_IgnoreList line, then remove "023B00," from it.
3) Overwrite your vModules\Viaccess.mdl file with the new Viaccess.mdl file from the zip I posted earlier.

The only thing you might be able to hit here. Is AMC 4 there are a few channels on there using this system.... I hope you speak korean :D
You will also need a decent sized dish depending on your location, and universal lnb or linear.

Also invest in a skystar... I once had a twinhan they are just not very good, and man do they get hot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us