Intermittent audio failure on Insignia TV 37"

Username: Linaka

Post Number: 1
My problem is my Insignia TV 37" turns on with the audio off intermittently when I turn on the TV. I have to change channels with the cable remote and turn the TV and Cable (Oceanic in HI) on and off until the sound goes on. I've actually gone to the Best Buy store here and the TV sales guys and the Geek Squad guys have told me to turn the audio on my TV remote menu off but I don't have those settings under the TV menu where they told me to look. The only selections I have are audio by 'User', 'Stereo' or 'News' to select. I selected 'user' as in Cable box. The only other audio selection I can find in the menu using the Insignia remote is Digital Audio Output in which I can select RAW or PCM. I have PCM selected as I have already tried RAW.
I have also read the manual. The only audio selections listed is 'Locking and Restoring Global Unlock'. I have unlocked it for cable and when it didn't work, I selected 'Restore Global Unlock'. I would think these selections would not matter for an intermittent audio failure but do not know for sure.
I have called the 800 # after I called the store in Pleasanton CA. (1-925-988-0256) which the store here told me to do. The TV techs in the store in Pleasanton never answered the phone. I have had the cable co. here in HI out many times and they have put in a new box, and other things to no avail. They keep coming out and think it's the TV. The TV is plugged into the back of the cable box. The Geek Squad 800 no. gave me the name of Sam's Audio which turned out to be Sam's Club's regular number which doesn't answer the phone. I have tried to fix this TV audio failure for months and now the Geek Supervisor at the 800 number 1-800-433-5778 said that I have to pay to have someone come out because I didn't buy the extended warrantee! I asked to speak with someone with the authority to help me and was told by the supervisor that my warrantee ended 10/8/09, less than one month ago and there was no one with the authority to help me!!!
I would think an Insignia TV tech should be able to help me over the phone but have not had the opportunity to try.
Please help me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us