Intelsat 5 at 97 W

Bronze Member
Username: Robbie12

Post Number: 80
i want to get this sat (intelsat 5, 97.0 W), what is the size of the dish that i have to buy? is 24 inches enough ? i am located in British Colmbia, Canada. thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Zagros

Post Number: 332
Don't buy a dish smaller than 90cm. It is a very weak bird. With an 80cm dish in Vancouver I have difficulties getting it.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11988
Robert

Buy a 36" and a good linear LNB, a old StarChoice dish work very fine for it, you just use one of both LNB.

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 743
Robert

Galaxy-19 (now called Intelsat-5) is an extremely strong satellite. You should have no problem getting it with a 30 inch antenna.

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/galaxy19_namku.html

The footprint shows a stronger signal in BC than in Quebec and I am receiving it extremely strong on this side of the country with a 30 inch antenna.

Beware however that besides Russia Today and Al Jazeera English, many if not most of channels are un-useable. The quality is terrible at best. Some transponders carry as much as 34 TV stations with 15 radio channels. That shows you how rotten the video quality you should expect. They simply apply too much compression on most of the channels.

Silver Member
Username: Coolgoose

Post Number: 137
Can anyone confirm whether Asianet Plus, Amrita channels are up on 97W. If so with which receiver?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us