Nfusion Status Update Dec 06 2009

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16919
C/P from satfix.net

Status update,
nfusion will be back but at this time, they are doing the necessary updates to ensure tv will be back and safe. There are many steps they are doing but cannot update you on where and what they are.

Other boxes are in a situation where they do not know if they will get busted tomorrow and are not taking the steps to protect because of what has occurred last week.

Last week, they providers showed a big part of what they know and this has affected every system including the ones that did not go down.

It was easy to get the system back for the ones that went down including nfusion but that is not the issue. The issue is they found a way to do something to shut down the system and last week was a small test that will lead to more. Nfusion has a solution to this and are in the process of doing this but they have decided to take the system offline while they are implementing this.

Nfusion is aware that the downtime is not good but feels it is better to take the system offline and do what they need to do to ensure service for the long haul.

Many will think nfusion may not come back but this is not the case.
For the most part, other box pushers are pushing their box but what you should ask yourself is why did nfusion feel the need to take the system offline and do what they are doing now?
The answer is they care about the future and it is very possible and likely that the boxes that are not prepared may have a big surprise coming to them in the next few weeks and if they are not ready, it may be the end of that box.

In the overall picture, many short term sales will be lost but in the long run, I think you will be happy to own a box that works than one that is busted and have no hope.

Time will tell if this decision is the correct one made by nfusion but if you have another box that goes black in the near future, you will surly come back to nfusion and be happy they are responsible enough to know when it is time to retreat and prepare to battle again another day instead of standing there with no defense to an attack that can come at any time soon.

Some will say to run out and buy another box that currently works but the best bet is to wait 1-2 weeks to see what plays out before a decision is made.

Hope everyone understands and stayed tuned for an update with a new file.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16935
BUMP

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1958
The thing is that a lot of people are confused by the term "working on the server". You don't actually really work on a server, you work on your personnal computer that has a compiler (ex: VC++) or an interpreter (exerl). Then, you shut down the server ONLY to test your stuff.

You don't have to shut it down while you write your lines of codes!!!

And even before shutting it down, you can simulate its behavior or set a temporary server for you test, I can assure you this is no big deal, no matter how big the programs running on the server are. Heck, in the past we've simulated servers millions of people were connecting to, so it is quite doable.

Whoever wrote this original post got probably picked because of his talent to put readers asleep.

Silver Member
Username: Last_supper

Rush is a HO-MO

Post Number: 247
Thanks for the post

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16944
Even the people at currentbins are as skeptical and critical of the wording as it came out.
I will simply go by history. We had for 3-4 years ECMs and some makers' receivers came up before others. I do not see too much difference between what was then and what is now.
kbox is fully up already, and CNX nano 2 is partly up. Therefore I believe, that all IKS receivers will come up again.
I have some very big concerns that Islinger came down too. That system was working on the genuine receivers with Rom 102 and similar, and if the slinger stays down for over 2-3 weeks, that would spell disaster.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us