Sanyo TV - No Sound

Username: Mcinty3

Post Number: 1
Hello all,
This is my first time posting. I have a 27 inch Sanyo TV, model #AVM-4535U, the date on the back label says February 1998. I apologize in advance because I have minimal understanding in electronics. The problem is there is no sound when I watch television. There is sound when I watch DVDs or play Wii. It is not a wrong setting - not volume, or stereo/mono/sap, or anything that simple, I've tried, I swear. My cable is connected by coaxial through the back, but even disconnecting that and trying to watch tv gives no sound. The DVD player and Wii are connected through the same yellow, red, and white cables. If there is no answer, can I connect some kind of speakers? There are red and white audio outputs on the back, but no headphone jack. Thank you in advance for your help and I apologize for my ignorance!

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 194
You won't be able to just connect speakers to the red+white audio outputs and get sound. The TV is not powerful enough to drive the speakers. You would need something like the Pyle Pro PCA2. They sell for about $45. Google for places to buy it.

If you have a old VCR lying around and an extra set of yellow+red+white input on your TV, you can try connecting the cable company's coax to the VCR's coax input. And connecting the VCR's yellow+red+white output to the TV's yellow+red+white input. See if that works.

Post Number: 2
Problem solved.

Post Number: 3
Sorry, I should add - by using an old VCR. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 197
Excellent! Glad it worked for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us