Why Cable cards don't Work

Username: Mediaman

Post Number: 1
Cable companies do not want Cable Cards to work they prefer to charge a monthly fee for their HD boxes. I have had Comcast charge me for Channels that I was not receiving due to problems with my cable card...The company would make sure that the problem with the Sony cable card be fixed if they wanted to. I have had my cable card paired with a few minor problems before. I just picked up a new cable card from Comcast and am having pairing problems, Comcast blame the card without even testing it..I think I am moving to DirectTV from now on.

Username: Mediaman

Post Number: 2
Why Cable should be free: Why is radio free? How do the radio stations make money? By selling ads Right. We're not too concern when a station broadcast Commercials, right? Because the station does not charge a fee for accessing its over the air broadcast..If Radio can broadcast without a fee? Why can't TV Broadcast be free also? WHEN WE PURCHASE CABLE WE ARE PAYING TO WATCH COMMERCIALS THAT ARE ALREADY PAID FOR BY SOME ONE OR BY A COMPANY ADVERTISING TO THE PUBLIC..YOU SEE WHERE AM GOING? NOW THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT THE COST OF A 60 SEC COMMERCIAL ON SUPER BOWL SUNDAY. I THINK THAT THE TV AND CABLE COMPANIES SHOULD PAY THE VIEWR TO WATCH BY NOT CHARGING A FEE FOR CABLE..BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN BRAINED WASHED BY THE CABLE/TV COMPANIES. SOME OF YOU MAY SAY WELL, WE HAVE THE OPTION NOT TO PURCHASE CABLE OR TV'S, BUT JUST IMAGINE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO IF EVERYONE DID THAT ON A NATIONAL BASIS, THE CABLE AND TV COMPANIES WILL BEGIN GIVING AWAY FREE CABLE FOR ALL BECAUSE THEY ARE AND WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE BILLION FROM ADVERTISING. TELL ME IF I AM WRONG ABOUT MY IDEA. I AM WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU OUT THERE. CONSIDER HOW CABLE AND ADVERTISING HAS BEEN GOING UP AND UP OVER THE YEARS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us