PC Expert

Bronze Member
Username: John_mosby

Virgina USA

Post Number: 17
My copier stop working on my printer.
Does this mean the printer is trash or could it be something else?

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1926
http://www.ehow.com/how_113782_figure-why-windows.html

Silver Member
Username: Sump

Post Number: 839
i would recommend to go to the manufactures website look up your model ... check for new software. Ck for that problem also

That being said if is a < than $150 unit and few years old it may be time to upgrade ..

Lazer it the only way to go. IMHO I got new printer about 1 yr ago the Brother MFC-7840W and love it

Bronze Member
Username: Drgnhilord

Post Number: 23
I would say if the scanner is dead the printer probably is too.but I would check the cables and re install the drivers first.

Bronze Member
Username: Louwho31

Post Number: 67
is your printer an all in one (printer scanner copier fax etc) if so then there should be a copy button on the printer that needs no computer hooked up. Does that work? also there sgould be a way to test the printer part of the all in one. (look in the menu's if you have them or manual if you can't find your way. if your are hooked to an XP computer then find your printer under printers in your control panel then right click on the Icon and select properties. then select test print. does that print?

Bronze Member
Username: Doa

Post Number: 99
So did ya try to print a page?

Bronze Member
Username: John_mosby

Virgina USA

Post Number: 18
The printer works the scanner and copier don't.
To be sure I replace the cable and re install the drivers.
I guess it's time for a new one.
Many thanks to all these nice people.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16477
If you do a lot of Black and white printing, a B/W laser printer is a better buy - very economical. I also use generic toner powder for refill at about a third of the cost of brand name toner.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
does the Copy button on the printer/all in one work W/or Without the PC????

if you are relying on the pc to do the scan then there are many reasons why you might not see anything happen when try to scan. what are you doing to start a scan????? the PC? The copy button on the printer or Scan button? if its the scan button then you need the PC software ready for this request from the button on the printer. pls answer the question asked.

LOU

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11553
I have a HD all in one and the Copy button work without the PC, if it not work you can reset the printer and make a test(usualy) you disconect the power cord the press and hold ON on printer then connect the power cord then wait few second and release the ON button, the self check must be worked, wait until it end and try to make a copy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Plymouth is right ,, we need to know if the Printer will self test. They all have a way (hold a button and turn it on) to start a printout. but to test the scanner the copy button is great. pls answer questions about how you initiat a scan and does the self testsssssss.... work??????

LOU

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 3232
i hope ur printer is connected to a satellite reciever... if not u posted in the wrong place.
Sometimes parts of a machine will stop working and need to be replaced, but unless its is a 3 or 400 dollar printer... buy a new one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us