IRD's? along with MPEG-2 or 4?

Username: Treelover

Post Number: 2
I am giving thoughts to a Phoenix but I am a long way from pulling the trigger. Some of my concerns include "Why in the world did Nfusion NOT go with USB rather than the ol pain $%^& RS-232???

Next, suppose I purchased something in the Kbox line up, they appear to offer both USB& the old RS***. Yes, there is another concern and that one is a bigger one. How long can we expect to see the providers continuing with the MPEG-2 protocol? The Nfusion that offers MPEG-4 is big bucks. That might not be a concern for many but it is major to me.

Ideas? Comments?? Suggestions???

Tree

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11479
Trelover

You don't need the cable to load a file on the Nfusion, you can load it directly on your browser, you put the router Ip adress to load it, so the Nfusion is hub built-in then you can reboot the connexion only by pressing Power button on your remote.

Much more channels on Bev and never down.

Post Number: 3
Plymouth-- THANK YOU for your prompt reply. If I purchase a Phoenix, I have no problem and in fact prefer going with the Northern Provider.

Am I foolish to purchase an MPEG2 IRD at this time when there is uncertainty regarding how long that protocol will be functioning? I really don't look forward to spending close to $400 for MPEG4.

Is the Phoenix a mistake?

Thanks--

Tree

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11482
Treelover

Phoenix is the best IKS choice for now!

You can wait for purchase a MPEG-4 receiver, the price will raise on these unit which will be the futur reference.

Post Number: 4
Again thanks Plymouth.

I will order one in the next day or so. Need to make sure I get everything I need for the set up at the time of ordering including the router/routers

Tree
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us