Connecting 2701HG-G with DD-WRT

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_prince

Post Number: 50
hi guys anyone please help iam trying to connect 2701HG-G with DD-WRT modded fw for lynksis WRT54G. for some reasons it desont release the ip and defauld ip when i set the repeater bridge. but if i connect 2701HG-G with dlnik it connects. i am using bell wireless modem 2701HG-G .

Taking into consideration there are no wireless encryption on 2701HG-G and dlink . i can successfully connect dlnik but not 2701HG-G . is there anything iam missing please let me know thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10664
DJ

Buy your own router and don't use the Bev router, because you must call them and ask for enable the Wifi and they will ask you the computer which you want connected to it.
They are able to blocked their router.

This is the reason why it not work.

This is not the best internet provider for use with IKS.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
hi thanks for replying... i can connect as many wireless devices such as pc/laptop or phone but not repeater bridge for ddr-wrt

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15896
This is a slightly unrelated questions, but I think you all might have an answer.
I have this Bell's 2701HG-G. It worked fine for me, except that my Voip ATA (Linksys Pap 2-NA) started misbehaving. It would randomly not accept incoming phone calls. I have tried using Static IP, separate firewall settings, allowing ports 80,5080,5081 (which are the ones used by my Voip provider), but nothing works.
Finally I had to go back to using my older Speedstream modem and a separate Tenddata wireless router.
I like many of the features of the 2701HG-G and want to use it, if I can keep my Voip phones on Pap 2-NA going.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15905
DJ: Look at this. I have not used it, but you would know more about the details.

http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato

Tomato Firmware

Tomato is a small, lean and simple replacement firmware for Linksys' WRT54G/GL/GS, Buffalo WHR-G54S/WHR-HP-G54 and other Broadcom-based routers. It features a new easy to use GUI, a new bandwidth usage monitor, more advanced QOS and access restrictions, enables new wireless features such as WDS and wireless client modes, raises the limits on maximum connections for P2P, allows you to run your custom scripts or telnet/ssh in and do all sorts of things like re-program the SES/AOSS button, adds wireless site survey to see your wifi neighbors, and more.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Nalin i already have dd-wrt modded firmware so do you think that Tomato Firmware is better?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15912
I have not used the Tomato firmware but it does promise to do what you want to do, and also allows use of custom scripts.
It is listed at Sourceforge.net, so there is availability of the source code and the possibility of adding custom scripts. It can't hurt to try and you can always revert to dd-wrt if you don't like it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
yea nalin i was gonna try it but my lynksis wrt54g is version file and they don have bin file for that version

Bronze Member
Username: Doodyman

Post Number: 14
Go away Nalin. There are a Gazillion sites out there that would love to have your insights about everything, but on this site the average IQ is slightly higher than yours and this makes you a bore,
Go away Nalin.

Username: Ram710

Post Number: 5
can some one help me step buy step to instal nfusion solaris

Bronze Member
Username: Doodyman

Post Number: 26
Ask LK I don't know if he will come back but we can try.

Bronze Member
Username: Sump

East coast USA

Post Number: 28
navin ramlall

i will try

couple questions

did you have another box that used to work that you are replacing the Nfusio with ?

what have you done so far ?

what is the error messages or problems you are experiecing ?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10681
navin

You download this file and you load it with the Null cable in the package:
http://currentbins.com/nfusion/Phoenix/

Now you do a factory default then you scan your satellites like others receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Last_supper

Nazerith , Isreal

Post Number: 78
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us