White Westinghouse VCR

Username: Gesvendor

Ludington, MI United States

Post Number: 1
I have a White Westinghouse VCR model WVCR8006. I have used the onscreen menu to set up preprogrammed times for it to record. I do not know how to then turn on this feature so that the VCR actually turns itself on to begin recording at the appropriate time. Can someone please help me?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4029
If memory serves me right, you have to press a remote key for a few seconds, try the record key. I don't remember if the power is supposed to be on or off or if it matters.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Raccoon City, MI USA

Post Number: 12269
Also perhaps search google for a PDF format manual for the specific model of VCR.

PS, I was just in Ludington not 30 minutes ago.. haha I live about 20 minutes East of there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4030
A VCR has to be off to timer record. Most VCRs automatically activate the timer when the VCR is turned off. There were some that didn't work that way though. Some of the Funai recorders activated the timer by pressing a remote key for 5 seconds.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4031
After thinking about it, I think it's the power button on the remote, it may work on the unit itself too.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2428
­
"I just bought a White westinghouse VCR used from another student here. It works fine. I had the same problem as you for about an hour. My boyfriend then told me the way to do it is hold the off button or a few seconds when turning off the VCR after you set a program. This activates the timer. Mine is model WVR-8004. It drove me crazy at first too, but thank goodness he figured it out."

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=453847#POST453847
­

Username: Founddumbed

Cranbrook, BC Canada

It (the manual) was lost and now it's found! Follow the display as directed and activate the timer by holding the power button down for at least 5 seconds. The manual states,"2 - 4 seconds", but I timed it and it was closer to 5 -6 seconds. Do not go back to the MENU before setting the timer.
Stopping a programed recording in progress can be accomplished the same way.

Username: Tok

Albuquerque, NM

Hello, I am in a bit of a pickle.
I have a WW wvcr-8004 and there is a tape stuck in it. I tried a few trouble shooting things with it. I tried to see if the vcr would work with a tv, and it did not turn on. I went on furter to cut and re wire the powercord, and it did not take. I wonder if there is even an electrical issue. I think the problem is more mechanical. I would love to dig in and try to save my tape, but as of now, I'm at bit of a loss. I dont want to take something off and then later not remember where it goes. I was wondering if there is anywhere that anyone knows of that I can get a manual for this piece of machinery.

Thanks a bunch,
Tok
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us