IHub replacement

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 466
I notice there is a lot of freeware to do serial to ethernet port conversion.

Might be cheaper to use than to buy a hardware converters (aka iHub). Specially if you have PC's sleeping in the house.

Have a look. It is freeware !

Can anyone confirm the iHub is working with SV360P ? If yes I might give a try to the freeware and let you know !!!!

http://bill-redirect-serial-comport-to-keyboard.findmysoft.com/

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5089
outer limit one of my freind brought one of serial adapter not the khub , it was different than khub , he wanna checked it with k1plus,
it didn't work
i am not sure about this program?
don't u need hub first...

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
No you don't need a hardware hub. The PC does the equivalent job. If your PC has a serial port and a network card, that will do it.

I only need someone to confirm that iHub is working with the released software for the Sv360 and that will trigger my investigation to see if a PC would do the same job.

If nothing is to be seen in N3 then there is no rush to investigate.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5092
this is c&p from other site..
My iHub is working (sort of) with my Elite now, morning was down. Channels does freeze every now and then, Playboys only for Por*n, No PPV, most BEV are working but I do come across blank channels. I have more problems with DN, everything below Channel 200 is not working which are working with the old bin. No international which we all know. Giving this is the first beta, it's about as good as I expect it to be. I use 91, 101, 118.7 and 119 if anyone cares

DO NOT do software update in the menu, it puts the unit back to bin 103. Although it does prove the unit is working through the network
Reply With Quote}

Gold Member

Post Number: 5093

Rep Points: 1
samrasta has a low reputation

Default Re: Elite and Ihub
No it isn't working on the 360 Elite no even the channels were on the bin before
also this too..

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 9472
The Outer Limits

I don't Sonicview guys are so stupid for made this IHub without a security access which you can use another hardware work on SV receiver.

Silver Member

Post Number: 468
Maybe Plymouth. Maybe they are quesitoning the hub for some ID. But be assured they are not making any money on the hub. Such hubs from other manufacturers cost at least $US150. So at $99 it is cheap.

No I think their goal after all is to make money with their SV units. Not on the hubs.

I might however make some tests. I am equipped to do spying on the RS232 side and on the IP side. I have got serial links and TCP-IP sniffers. I will investigate.

Thanks Sada for your input. Appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Juancho

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 653
you have to input the serial# from the Ihub ,
and yes it"s working with some freezing.

Silver Member
Username: Juancho

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 654
Here you have the first spanish"s guide
for svhttp://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1eee4f2420593919111096d429abd360e04e75f6e8ebb 871 Ihub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us