IKS Explained - Risky or Not? - You Decide

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 8142
C/P from goodfta .com

There is lot of rumors going on if IKS is secured. Well in short it is - and then it is not. Just to give you a few points on security with IKS:

1) IKS runs on a centralized server that is a share point to servers which relay on this server. Your box is connecting too relays not the IKS Server.

2) IKS servers require UDP connection, not TCP. You can think of UDP as more secure, but the real difference is that UDP packets travel one way (request is sent from the receiver and then fullfilled by the server but there is no guarantee on data delivery of the packet from the server, meaning that the server drops the link with requestor as soon as it gets it - it may deliver it later on however). The relay - is really a relay in UDP sense - (requests can be made to one server but another server may fullfill it). Since there is no constant connection being open it is almost impossible to catch the very small (tidy) request and data travel from boxes to IKS.

3) IKS Servers accept only connections that have a receiver ID attached to the data package. No request from PC or other device can be made - this really gives much trouble in identifying what the content is of the IKS package or intercepting it. I am not sure if the package itself is being encrypted somehow - but it will be easy to do if it isni½t. With encrypted packages, even if someone intercepts it - that interception would become useless.

4) In order for the providers to hunt you down they will need to know what servers that nFusion boxes are connecting too. To find out, they will have to intercept the traffic from the centralized server which is located off-shore (but hard to do explained before). I could not locate the servers by looking at the routers access logs - I can only find the servers it is connecting too i½ and surprisingly I saw many different connections (rotating relays) i½ which gives me positive vibes about IKS.

5) All the providers can do is see that your connection is making some request for data that is being transfered from a server and has been identified as suspicious - but before they can even take any action upon it - the new server can be re-set and there you go, another round of finding it again will be needed. This is time consuming and very very tidious and an expensive task (not that the providers cant afford it). Even if the provider proves that the traffic from your internet connection is suspicious - they can not prove that it came from your requests and your receiver (they cant trace back anything beyond your router/modem).

6) i½Davei½ did go to after the small people on the first occasion of IKS (more then 10 years ago i½ ohhh yes do not be surprised IKS is nothing new i½ it has been used back in Dave days when a computer was needed that will serve already descrambled packages to the receiver using waffer boards or card emulators) - but i½Davei½ had to physically prove that this was happening from people trying this (hardware needed to make this function) - unlike today (no additional hardware is needed - so hard to tell if you are really doing anything wrong).

The final decision is always up to you to make. I do not want to sound encouraging or disapointing - use your own judgment - do lots of reading

IKS doesni½t mean you woni½t go down, it just means that you can come back up much faster.

If your hooked up to the net with your nfusion and you come home and turn your box on it will tell you if there is any new updates and gives you the option to update your box with the click of the remote button.

If your watching TV on stand alone (emu ON) and it goes down you simply click menu + user settings + emu off and IKS will kick in when you exit to TV.

99.9% of the time its IKS all the way.

I doni½t worry about anyone getting my IP address from the nfusion iks server as it does not collect anything other than an error log saying what failed.

Most have not noticed that IKS and Files are on 2 different servers and are ported to 1 that you are connected to.
That should be enough for people to guess there is more than 1 server at work here. I think last count there were 5 ported thru a chain across the web to 1 point of access. That point of access can be changed with a click of a button. So what if someone gets the main click boom somewhere else we go.

Anyone that wants to can easily run a proxy on your system and your bouncing around the world anyways.

Now to the whole sending keys things. The iks does not at anytime send keys to your box.(Its illegal) It does how ever send data to your box so your box knows what to do to get itself going. Kind of like A.I coding. No not any of the pyro team will explain that part for a good reason. Why give up a trade secret. I hope this helps some of you out with what your wanting to know.

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 2429
Good post Plymouth.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4141
IKS is the future of PTA
Like it or not
It's like file sharing
It is riskier for server owners
Big problem if they get caught
Less reskier to users
But always a risk in any type of PTA on FTA receivers

I'm not afraid to use IKS
I won't waste money on Nfusion crap
There are many other things coming up
Don't Rush

Silver Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 431
Thanks for the information Plymouth.
Everyday I learn from you.

Crazy that everyone run to Nfusion.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2434
Hey it was worth it just to get space channel back LOL

Silver Member
Username: Mrgreg

Canada

Post Number: 340
Hey Raf do they still show Lost In Space.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2435
I havent seen that show in 35 years but i used to watch it daily along with ultraman.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 342
I use to get it when I had Star Choice back in the early 2000's but I use to watch it back in the 60's too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2437
Back in the 60s boy time flies eh?

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 343
Ya it does now I'm just waiting for my second son to get out but kids these days are so f'n lazy I don't think he will ever leave.He is only 21.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2440
Kids nowadays think the world owes them everything. They want top buck but arent willing to do the work>

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 344
You hit that right on the nose.He got 2 yrs. of college and thinks the jobs are coming for him.

Silver Member

Post Number: 435
Malcreado idiotos

Gold Member

Post Number: 2442
Rico this guy is one of those.

http://www.dalealplay.com/informaciondecontenido.php?con=32599

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 345
Raf, Remember this show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVm-HwAkVp8

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 8147
Both Gregs please Use your MSN

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
Get a room

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 346
Plymouth I don't have a beef with you but don't start with me. By the way I bet you looked at the link.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2445
The way traffic has been lately i dont want ecoustics server to get rusty.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 8149
Greg

You are winner, yes i had look your link.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 349
I knew you would like it.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 8152
LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 2449
Greg im glad you got your own letters. Must have worked on it for a while.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 351
It just switched by itself.It is a pain to do it though.

Gold Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 1173
LOL.. Plymouth copy and paste from a PAY for your files site. And their store is expensive too(vs ulra 189.00).

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 8165
Tooter
Which problem that causes you?

It' s not like C/P posts of members only for bashed.
Right!

Gold Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 1175
Laughter is good medicine, not a problem.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 8166
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Boquack

Post Number: 109
This has been discussed B4 here:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/537119.html

Good read
« Previous Thread Next Thread »