Need to buy amplifier

Username: Sso

Post Number: 1
I came across this site and it seems to have a plethora of advice. I am having cable signal problems.

Here is my dilemna. I have about 150' run to my house from the cable box on the pole.
I have the cable coming into the house that goes to a splitter, one cable goes to my cable modem and phone.
The other goes to a 3 way splitter 5-1000 MHz that the cable guy gave me. They were here last year due to poor signal. About a month ago ,during the super bowl I noticed that my HD channels were dead , but my regular channels were working OK. The problem went away.I didn't pay it much mind until the other day when only HD channel 2 (CBS) worked and my regular channels were pixelating.
I removed the 3 way spitter and ran the cable straight to the cable box and everything was wonderful.
I went out to purchase another splitter at the local Home Depot just to see if I could replace the splitter with a new one to see what would happen and the new splitter works only on 1 of its outputs to the cable box and of couse its not marked. The problem is the pixelation is still there not as bad as the 3 way splitter.
I am pretty certain its a cable signal issue and all I want to do buy another 3 way splitter and install a signal amplifier and am looking for advice on what brand to purchase.
I don't want to buy anything from a department store like Home Depot or the like and I am asking for your expertise.
Also I am looking for a 3 way splitter to replace the Antronix 3 way splitter my cable company uses.
thanks in advance.

Username: Sso

Post Number: 2
test
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts