Liteon LVW5115GHC+

Bronze Member
Username: Svc2go

Post Number: 14
Hello Everyone,
The DVD Recorder was working perfectly for last 4 years. Over the last 6 months, it is giving the following trouble :
1) DVD freezes while playing the DVD
2) DVD+R disc when inserted does preparation for only 21% and then the DVD tray opens up.
3) DVD RW works well.
4) When I don't finalize the DVD +R and comeback another recorder some where it the DVD +R - the drive just prepares the DVD again as a brand new one.

I have tried to Update the latest firmware LNMPG030.DA2. Even after this there is no change with the DVD.

Any inputs , please let me know.
Regards
Hadley

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4061
If you got 4 years out of a Liteon you're lucky. Liteons are famous for terrible DVD drives. You could try cleaning the laser and spindle with a q-tip wet with alcohol. I think those recorders use a PC type burner that can be easily replaced.

Bronze Member
Username: Svc2go

Post Number: 15
I tried cleaning with the laser and the spindle. Opened the box twice cleaned and also used compressed Air.

Even after all this , still does not work.

The Firmware downloaded from the Liteon website has DA2 extension. When I make the ISO file using NERO -- the DVD does not come up with any instructions - It just display reading and after a few seconds opens the tray.
( An ISO format has ISO as the extension for the file name --- I am confused on this issue too )

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4067
Are you using a CD? Firmware updates are usually done with CD, not DVD, they are more reliable with CDs.

I don't use Nero. It's a lousy program.

There are a few free to try or freeware ISO burn programs out there, Magic ISO, Active ISO, ISO Recorder.

I've only done ISOs a few times, I think I used Magic ISO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us