Dish1000.4 question.

Bronze Member
Username: Nahate

Post Number: 12
Today I found out the new HD Dish1000.4 points to 61.5-72.7-77. Can I use this dish to point @110/119 or will I need the dish500?
Also if I can redirect the dish to 110/119 will I need a different LNB?
Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 6769
Ron don't lose your time to repoint your dish, install a new one like Dish 500 for get 110-119.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks Plymouth.Just to be clear,You're saying that I cannot P/U 110 or 119 with the 1000.4,Right?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6772
Ron
61.5-72.7 = 11.2 degree

72.7-77 - 4.3 degree

110-119 - 9 degree

119-129 10 degree

As you can see you can get only one satellite with this dish.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I'm trying to find a local dealer to purchase a DN Dish500 with a Dish Pro Plus LNB.If I'm unable to find it but happen to find a directTV dish would it work for 110/119 or are they different?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6774
Ron
I found this one ready for 110-119

http://www.worldwidesatellites.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/22_67/products _id/46

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Plymouth, Thanks again for the link.
I'm trying to find a local dealer,but in my previous post I didn't specify where local was.Do you know of a supplier near the Poconos area in Pennsylvania U.S.A.?

Silver Member
Username: Jay_w_grayson

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 199
ron----let your fingers do the walking.
Try the yellow pages.

Silver Member
Username: Jay_w_grayson

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 200
Dish Network DISH 500 SATELLITE ANTENNA WITH DISH-PRO PLUS TWIN LNBF supports one or two Dish Network satellite receivers. SW-21 switches are enclosed in the lnb housing ~ weatherproof. COMPLETE DISH ASSEMBLY including mounting arm, twin lnb and hardware pack. Use to capture signals from both Dish Network satellites (119º and 110º)

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13719
ron: Your original question was:
"Today I found out the new HD Dish1000.4 points to 61.5-72.7-77. Can I use this dish to point @110/119 or will I need the dish500?
Also if I can redirect the dish to 110/119 will I need a different LNB?
Thank you."

The 1000.4 is designed for the Eastern Arc (61.5,72.7, 77) and will not work satisfactorily with 110/119. You may use a DP twin and try with varying success. You are far better off using a separate Dish and LNB.

Another thing: Don't waste too much time on the new satellites as they are running nagra-3 and are pure mpeg-4. For example, a SV8000 can do mpeg-4 but it can't do Nagra-3.

Bronze Member
Username: Usha

United States

Post Number: 16
Hello Nalin,I have been out of the country for a year and just got back and have noticed that my satellite receiver is not working anymore, it's an old receiver from fortec, I need to see if you could recommend what kind of receiver I should buy and if I would need to change out the dishes too, I have 2 dishes, a 19" and a 21", the 19" was for the Indian channels and the 21" was for the American channels, I need to start all over again because i am very rusty at this, any help would be would be god send from you, await your reply.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13733
Usha:
This is the wrong thread to ask a question about new receiver.
I have created a separate thread with my answer.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/540348.html

Silver Member
Username: Tscon

Post Number: 105
Nalin, so those who was watching Echo 3 on
61.5 need to buy new Antenna: Dish1000.4 ?
Or DN also change encryption, so no bins
would working even using new Dish1000.4?
What to do now? Buy Dish1000.4 ? Or this wouldn't help anyway?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13745
The changes are for Eastern Arc and those wanting HD. They need to install 1000.4 Dish and have to have a MPEG4 compatible receiver.
You can continue receiving SD on 61.5W, 118.7, 119, 110 etc. - no change necessary. Till such time as they implement N3 only on these.
Buyig 1000.4 setup at present requires a proper MPEG4 compatible receiver available from Dish or some FTA receivers, but N# cards are only for DN supplied receivers. You need both - a new receiver and a N# activated card. so stick to your old equipment and wait for more news.

Silver Member
Username: Tscon

Post Number: 107
Ok, thank you, Nalin ;)

Silver Member
Username: Superslammy

Post Number: 102
Ron:

I don't think anyone answered your question about using an old DirecTV for 110, 119. Yes you can use it and it works fine. But you need a special bracket which attaches to the dish which looks kind of ugly and homemade, but it works. One part of the bracket is higher than the other to compensate for using the smaller dish.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13757
A DTV LNB will get either 110 or 119 but not both. Don't waste money. Either buy a Dish 500 and proper LNB for a very low price or do as i suggested and get a 33' with special LNB for 118/119 and 110.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
Nalin you are wrong! A DTV dish and the proper bracket WILL get BOTH 110 and 119 at the same time. Guaranteed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
One lnb sits higher in the bracket than the other. This compensates for the smaller size of the DTV dish without having to skew the dish either. Trust me on this one. Just because you haven't seen it Nalin, you shouldn't say you know for sure when you don't.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13759
superslammy: Sorry to contradict you. For people who have a reasonable knowledge, the discussion should be at a higher level.
You should have accepted that I would know about even 5 LNBs aimed at a single dish working quite well.

You can see the whole refrain of the questioner is:
"would IT work for 110/119" and I replied "A DTV LNB will get either 110 or 119 but not both". He was talking in sigular and I replied him in singular - one LNB.
He was not talking about buying two LNBs and I was not talking about two LNBs. You know and I would expect you would know that I know of the ubiquitous Dish Twin LNBs that get both 110 and 119 on a single LNB, and the questioner is looking for some guidance.
So let use not guide him into buying a special bracket and two LNBs in addition to his 1000.4 installation but guide him appropriately with minimal expense and surity of success.

You said "Trust me on this one." I not only trust you but know that what you say about using 2 LNBs is true. It just is not compatible with what the customer is asking and what my answer to the customer was.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
Nalin, I do agree that Ron was not particularly clear on what he was looking for. He asked several different questions in this thread. I guess we all answered his multiple questions. What he does with it is up to him...lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13760
All's well that ends well.
No offense meant to you.
With the introduction of the Eastern arc (1000.4), I have seen a lot confusion in another forum as well. Based on the separation of the LNBs, experts are still not clear how the LNBs can get 61.5,72.7 and 77, nor do I understand the physics that would apply to these on the 1000.4 installation.
Perhaps you can let us know.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6840
Nalin, superslammy

"""experts are still not clear how the LNBs can get 61.5,72.7 and 77"""

Very simple, more lenght (arm) btw the LNB and dish and the dish is less curved.
That is why you can put 2 LNBs with only 5 degree.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us