Usha Patel has a question

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13731
A question by usha patel Bronze Member'..Username: Usha
United States
Post Number: 16''..Registered: Nov-06

'Hello Nalin,I have been out of the country for a year and just got back and have noticed that my satellite receiver is not working anymore, it's an old receiver from fortec, I need to see if you could recommend what kind of receiver I should buy and if I would need to change out the dishes too, I have 2 dishes, a 19" and a 21", the 19" was for the Indian channels and the 21" was for the American channels, I need to start all over again because i am very rusty at this, any help would be would be god send from you, await your reply.'

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13732
My answer.
Is it a Fortec Lifetime Ultra? if so, you should not buy anything else till you have converted it to a Pansat 2700.
PUFF_203 full EMU for FLU/2500 Conversion to 2700

Full kits for Latest conversion BINs and other files - also for Revert to 2500
PUFF_203 full EMU version

Alternative PUFF link

Download and unzip into separate directory.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.
Please note, you may need to rescan

If it is not a FLU, then you should realize that currently there is a new security measure Nagra 3 in the works and
any new receiver you buy may give you only 2-4 months of service.
If you want to take the risk, I suggest you get a CaptiveWorks 700s (about $100) or Sonicview 360 Premier (about $130). The dual tuner version '" 360 Elite is about $30 more.
Do not buy a HD FTA receiver. By the time the Nagra 3 problems are solved, the HD receivers will have come down in price by $100.

Bronze Member
Username: Usha

United States

Post Number: 17
Hello Nalin,I have been out of the country for a year and just got back and have noticed that my satellite receiver is not working anymore, it's an old receiver from fortec, I need to see if you could recommend what kind of receiver I should buy and if I would need to change out the dishes too, I have 2 dishes, a 19" and a 21", the 19" was for the Indian channels and the 21" was for the American channels, I need to start all over again because i am very rusty at this, any help would be would be god send from you, await your reply.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3073
Usha,
do what Nalin has suggested
do not buy any new equipment right now as there are some changes going on

Bronze Member
Username: Usha

United States

Post Number: 18
Thank for your advise but I have one problem, my Fortec is a CLASSIC and there is no support for this receiver as far as I know, I am open to suggestions.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13752
You should realize that currently there is a new security measure Nagra 3 in the works and
any new receiver you buy may give you only 2-4 months of service.
If you want to take the risk, I suggest you get a CaptiveWorks 700s (about $100) or Sonicview 360 Premier (about $130). The dual tuner version '" 360 Elite is about $30 more.
Do not buy a HD FTA receiver. By the time the Nagra 3 problems are solved, the HD receivers will have come down in price by $100.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us