Region Hack, LG RXLG RC29C299H and other models

Username: Ginge

VigouxFrance

Post Number: 1
I have a LG RC299H dvd recorder. I tried a few different hacks and made a mistake and changed another code. Does anyone know how to get it back to original region 2 codes so I can start again.

LG RC195. Turn on TV and player, press home key on player remote; in setup, scroll down to the padlock icon (when you get to the "padlock" option on your remote, leave it there, don't go to the menu to the right which has three options--rating, password, area code. Leave it on "lock", press 0000000 and you will be region free.

The hack above (0000000) didn't work on my Region 2 machine, but the alternative method for the RC199H did:

Press the HOME button on the remote, go to Setup and select Start. From the TV options go to TV Aspect and highlight the 16:9 Wide option (must be 16:9 0ption). Now enter 1397139 using the number keys to access the system configuration information.

To change the values of these options hit the ENTER button and then use the left/right arrow keys to select OPTION 5. Change it's current value to ff using the up/down keys. Now power off with the remote and then power back on. Your recorder should now be region free. To check go back into the system configuration information where Region Code should now be 0.

Region code hack posted by Maxa, July 15 2007:
Suggestion: Could you please add here the original values of options if "someone" accidentally changes not only number 5 but also some other options without writing down original ones?

Hope this helps, got these from another site.

Username: Eladb

Post Number: 1
Hi Laura, do you know where I can find the definitions of all the other System Configuration Codes of the RC299/RC199 ?

Thanks...Dale}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us