Sub Sharing

Silver Member
Username: Jay_w_grayson

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 109
How does Sub Sharing works?
Don't the receiver needs to be connected to a phone line?
If it does, can they tell that the receivers are not at the same location?

If they don't need to be connected to a phone line then how can one order a PPV?

Silver Member
Username: Mohamad_obama

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 186
If you share with someone, you can't hook up the phone line,

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1290
NEVER HOOK UP A PHONE LINE..IT SERVES 1 PURPOSE, TELLS THE PROVIDER WHAT PPV'S YOU ORDERED..

AND RECEIVERS WILL WORK ANYPLACE IN NORTH AMERICA

Gold Member

Post Number: 1291
TO ORDER PPV...GO ONLINE AND ORDER IT..ITS MIRRORED TO ALL RECEIVERS..

Silver Member

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 110
Obama tell me this, if a Subscriber is not sharing and has 4 receivers in his home do all four receivers need to be connected to a phone line?

If the account is not in my name and I am sharing with the Subscriber does that mean I can only watch the package he subscribe too and no PPVs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1294
Obama tell me this, if a Subscriber is not sharing and has 4 receivers in his home do all four receivers need to be connected to a phone line?

NO, THE PHONE LINE ONLY ALLOWS THAT 1 RECEIVER TO USE A REMOTE TO WATCH A MOVIE 'ONLY ON THAT 1 RECEIVER"...OTHER RECEIVERS WILL NOT GET THE PPV!

BETTER TO ORDER ONLINE ..IT MIRRORS ALL RECEIVERS AND GETS THE PPV MOVIE ON ALL RECEIVERS ON THE ENTIRE ACCOUNT!@...DOESN'T MATTER WHO'S NAME IS ON THE ACCOUNT!...U CAN WATCH ONLT WHAT PACKAGE ACCOUNT OWNER HAS SUBSCRIBE TOO, BUT ANYBODY CAN ORDER PPV'S ONLINE IF YA KNOW HIS LOGIN INFO..

ALSO U CAN ORDER PPV'S BY TELEPHONE BUT NOT SURE IF THE PPV'S ARE MIRRORED TO ALL RECEIVERS, CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ASK THEM..BUT I THINK THEY ARE MIRRORED, BUT THE CALL METHOD IS A LIL MORE COSTLY I THINK..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13198
Great soliloquy

Bronze Member
Username: Tooter

Post Number: 41
Nalin, you should inform your friends that you assisted in the account packing fraud the proper way to order the ppv's.

or

STFU

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13200
Another Tooter, tooting her 41st post and attempting to impersonate the real Tooter.

Your Toot can't be heard though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1296
Also, the provider has NO IDEA where the receivers are located...unless you connect the phone line and/or order a PPV that way with the remote..

Silver Member

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 111
Thank you Mr.justforhaha's.
I think I got it.
Just in case I need to go that route.
thanks again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1298
I reommend it to everybody...especially, if ya use FTA...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1299
NO phone lines EVER need to be plugged in on any subscribed receivers, no matter where they are located..thereare other PPV's options...call in on phone, or order online...the phone line is only required when ordering a PPV for 1 receiver and using the remote...but the remote ordering method tells the provider (DN, DTV etc) where the receiver is located..so just never use it, at your home or anothers home..

Username: Toolbox

Post Number: 3
The receiver also "call home" using the phone line. If a receiver is not calling home at regular interval, DN can disable the receiver. If you use the receiver at another location and connect it to a phone line, DN will know. (When the receiver calls a toll free number, the originating phone number is sent to the called number.)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1302
DN and DTV NEVER require the phone line plugged in...I know from 10 years of experience and subscriptions..NEVER had a phone plugged in!

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 5868
Same for Bev, no need phone line

Silver Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 337
Could anyone give me a brief subsharing 101 lesson. System requirments/hardware (how to) info. Thanx iav...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1312
Call DN.DTV, Bev....order whatever subscription package ya want...have them come do the FREE 4 room install ay your place...take 3 receivers and send/give/mail them to 3 buds/friends...have 3 buds/friends hook them up to their own dishes...all watch TV, and share the monthly bill...slowly add more receivers to your account for other famility members or friends..

Silver Member

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 113
Lets say that I gave one of my receivers
to a friend and lets say that he forgot
or some one in his family plug in to a phone
line to order a PPv movie. What could happen,
would I lose my Subscription?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1313
It may cause serious problems...I have known 1 or 2 that have been stupid and done that..just got to be a good talker if they question ya..

Like say " my bud wanted to know if his dish was OK, so I brought my receiver over to his house for a few minutes"...or "my receiver froze up and wanted to know if I had dish or receiver problem so brought it to uncles house"...play dumb and say all is OK now, and was trying to self diagnose without incurring any repair fees and won't do it again...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1314
BTW...I know someone with 16 receivers who got ratted on, and they dectivated the account...and so I called for him, as him, and explained it all to their fraud dept with a bunch of BIG House crap...and all is well now...lol...in fact i gort 2 months free for their deactivation...so its all about how ya talk if there's any issues that arise..

Silver Member
Username: Mohamad_obama

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 187
Plug it with gum, super glue or what ever.

Silver Member

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 117
Thanks, no more questions school is out
and I am ready.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us