Better LNB

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
Hi guys,

I need lnb for 18" dish and I have a choice between Ariza and Aspen. Can you suggest if one is better than other? And do they have to be dish compatible e.g.whether Ariza LNB works with Ariza dish? Thanks a lot.

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
Basically an LNB is an LNB...just get one made for an 18 inch dish, and get one with the correct polarity (circular or linear) and freq range for the satellite you want..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11818
Gary Mann: Always buy a two receiver output type - It usually costs about 40% more, but allows expansion to a second receiver quite easily.
Avoid dual sat LNB i.e. LNB made to scan two sats - always a headache when you add a third LNB to a switch

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
nalin..you just said "Avoid dual sat LNB i.e. LNB made to scan two sats.... a DUAL LNB is made for 2 receivers, NOT 2 satellites...and a TWIN LNB is made for 2 different satellites..

so learn what you're talking about before you try and incorrectly advise others..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11821
ustforhaha's: You might not know it - but there is difference in UK and North American terminology. In order to avoid confusion and drive the correct message home, I used the words as I did - to make sure the person understands that he has to get LNBs meant to give signals to two receivers and not the ones which give out signals from two sats.

I WILL CONTINUE TO POST IN understandable English and NOT in your narrow understanding of words as they apply to your limited knowledge.
I had a similar argument with your friend Perfumo, who had different understanding of the words "upload" and "download". There again I would try ad explain in better detail instead of using so called "standard" terminology.

You have never been to University and all you know is soldier slang. That is not good enough with the general public.

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
nalin, let me educate you again..Dual and Twin have NOTHING to do with UK or NA words...they are satellite terminolgy for people who discuss SATELLITE hobbys..

you will NEVER learn this hobby, and BS'ing the people here and using incorrect terminolgies or words just is providing BOGUS info to the people here who truely want to learn correct info..

BTW...there is a HUGE differnce between a DUAL LNB and a TWIN LNB no matter what language you attempt to speak and no matter where in the world..

Silver Member

Palatine, IL USA

Post Number: 162
Gary: Listen to haha, he has forgot more than most of US will ever know. You will get confused if you try to do things that everyone tells you. Just follow the advice of a knowledgeable person, in this case haha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11826
justforhaha's: Stupid Newbie. Don't even try to educate me.
You have a lot to learn about people and helping people.

TAKE YOUR MEDS!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11827
Gary Mann: There are all kinds of LNBs out there. Make sure your LNB is meant for the sat you are going to scan. It is preferrable to get a LNB which will be able to drive two receivers. I was trying to caution you against buying one which has words like dual, twin etc but if it is intended to catch two sats - AVOID IT.

That is plain English.

Gold Member

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 4100
Gary
You must listen Nalin Hahaha is only a trouble maker and jjgee is a rat who work for Nagravision.

Silver Member

Palatine, IL USA

Post Number: 164
Gary, run from this site. Go to a site where there are people that know what they are talking about. Only person here that qualifies is haha, the rest are a bunch of post ho*es

Gold Member

Post Number: 4103
Hahaha is a newbie
How can you trust a guy with this nickname

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11844
The only person running from this site will be jjgee.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4109
Ecoustic is the faster and best helper site without ECM because any bin is admit.
If you do a search on Google and Yahoo and ask a question everytime Ecoustic is in first of all.
jjgee is a idiot and many other sites try to discredited Ecoustic for it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1261
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 715
haha,it's not my business but, why wast your time
with these two Stupidass monkies always trying
to twist words around to cover up for their fuckups.
The one that calls a person an idiot
was telling us how he has Scan in C-band Channels on EchoStar 3

Upload

BTW Ryerson I see that you have found a new love. Could it be Plymouth or Nalin.
I bet it's Plymouth.

I understand, you can't help it.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4118
White we can see how you are a little idiot Kid

Silver Member

Palatine, IL USA

Post Number: 166
Plymouth wrote: Ecoustic is the faster and best helper site without ECM because any bin is admit.

HUH?

Your stupid is showing, better get your mommy to zip you up, and change your depends.

Nalin, your mole reports are due, please get them in or your check will be delayed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1264
Upload

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3547
Global Whoresalers sold this car to White Hawk for 1/2 price

He's very happy with it

They told him it's not a clone

Upload

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3548
This is why White Hawk is happy

with his hybrid car

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4130
Lol

Post Number: 10
Hello...
I have 3 DN500s. I need to setup:

1 DN500 for 110/119.
1 DN500 for 61.5.
1 DN500 for 118.5 (if this is possible).

I have 4 PANSAT receivers. 1 of them a 9200HD. I also have a DP44 switch. I would like to use a DUAL (meaning 2 receivers) or a better yet a single DP LNBs. I have heard that using TWIN LNBs through a Dp34 and DP44 switches will cause issues/not work.

Is this correct? Can I use a single LNB for the 118.5 and which one? Will all this work through the dp44?

Any better recommendations?

Thank you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11879
You will need to upgrade to a 500+ Dish - This is a 30" Dish.
You do not need two separate LNBs for 118 and 119. You will have to upgrade to a special LNB by DN which has output for 118 and 119. You will not really need 61.5 as all the channels avaialbe there are on 118.7.
Use a separate LNB for 110.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11880
When you count the total cost above it is probably more that using non-DN equipment.
33" Dish + 118/119 LNB with output for two receiver and one dual output 110 LNB - all for $ 90. Add two DisEqC switches and 100' RJ-6 cable $15 - comes to just a little over $100.
If you are planning to have only two receivers this route is OK.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4141
Use Dish product if you dont pay for service is a proof you hack satellite signal.
Buy all FTA product for less problem for configured it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thank you..I have a few more questions...
If I have the DN 500+ and I get the DN 118/119 LNB and a seperate DN LNB for 110...Should the 110 be just a single DN Pro LNB? I have 4 receivers (PANs) and one DP44 switch..

Also...If I go the 33" route Nalin suggested..How do I connect to 4 receivers via the dp44? Do I get the DN DP 118/119? or a different one?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11892
When you are using DP44, single LNBs or LNBs that scan two sats are the order of the day.
With DP44 you MUST USE a DN DP 118/119. The CB2008A and similar non-DN LNBs (for 118/119) are NOT compatible with DP44.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11893
Plus Dish 500+/1000+
Same as the Dish 1000 in function but about 5" larger and can pick up the 118.75i½ FSS location. As a 500+ it picks up 110i½, 118.75i½ and 119i½. Adding an LNB for 129i½ makes it a 1000+.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thank you Nalin...Can I use the DN 1000+ plus? It seems that the specs are identical to the 500+. the only diff is that it has the extra slot for 129 right?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11897
DP 1000+

application/mswordUpload
DP 1000+.doc (66.0 k)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us