2 receivers 1 line

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hey guys, my friend has ( 110, 119, 91 & 61.5) and he wants to connect 2 viewsat (Ultra & Ultra Lite) receivers to those sats. so what's the best way to do that & what kind of a switch we need. He has the 2 switches came with the boxes and aslo has (DP34 switch) but I don't think it will work for 4 sats. please advice and thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11830
If it is DN LNBs, use DP44 switch with the power inserter.
He can cascade two DP34s (an additional DP34 might work out cheaper), but he will have to power the switches with an old DN receiver ON all the time.
If they are non-DN LNBs of the type with two outputs for two receivers at each of the LNBs (i.e. 4 LNBs and 8 outputs), he is set with everything he needs, because he can run 4 cables to four inputs of one DisEqC switch and get one receiver activated and do the same with the other DisEqC switch.

Silver Member

Bahamas

Post Number: 231
that confusing

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11838
Dish LNBs:
1. Use DP44 switch, OR
2. Use two DP34 switches (Cascade them)

Non Dish LNBs.
If they have two outputs at EACh LNB for two receivers, use two DisEqC switches with 4 inputs from 4 lNBs in one and in the other switch, and th eoutputs to two receivers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Nalin, thanks for your Quick replay as a matter of fact he has the DN LNBs so the 1 or the 2 option will do. But do you know where can I get a cheap DP44 switch. I know I'm asking for too much, but you're my only source.Is it possible that we can use 4x4 Zinwell Multiswitch.We appreciate all your help

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11843
4x4 Zinwell Multiswitch will most likely NOT work on DN LNB combos. It is designed for DirectTV.

You already have one DP34. You can add another DP34 and a power insert or use an old Dish receiver to add power. Keep it on all the time.
You can download the installation diagram from here:

http://www.box.net/shared/p1d4r9q0y4

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11845
You could try using the DiseqC and see if they will work.
Just make sure you have the receivers of when you connect/disconnect the cables.
It can't hurt to try.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11846
If you do the DisEqC trial, use port 1 - 119, Port 2 - 110, port3 - 91 and port 4 - 61.5

Gold Member

Post Number: 2061
WHY DONT YOU use your diseqc with your dual lnb as nalin said run cables from each output . sometime becuz of polarities you may experience loosing signal from one if the other is on . but sometime you dont have problem with that .
give all the left sides of lnb to one receiver and all the other sides to the other.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11852
You may also use this economical set-up if you are faced with a single DN LNB for 110/119
application/mswordUpload
Switching for multi-LNB.doc (21.0 k)

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2949
this is your best and cheapest solution

cartier1
Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 2061

Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 12:30 am: Edit Post
WHY DONT YOU use your diseqc with your dual lnb as nalin said run cables from each output . sometime becuz of polarities you may experience loosing signal from one if the other is on . but sometime you dont have problem with that .
give all the left sides of lnb to one receiver and all the other sides to the other.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2062
THE PORT NUMBER . there is nothing called by default. it's not true that 119 by default port1 and 110 port 2.
it was widely known that the only situation where you have to give port 1 to 119 and port 2 to 110 if you have twinlegacy lnb. becuz it has already inside switch. and it is designed like that 119/port1 110/port 2.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Guys, I really appreciate all your suggestions and techniques, but can't do anything about it till my friend comes back next week. Will let you know ASAP
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us