Viewsat Pro completely frozen!

Bronze Member
Username: Thadragun

Kingston, Ontario

Post Number: 59
I'm not sure what the heck to do. My viewsat pro is completely frozen! I don't mean the satellites are down. Which they are but I mean none of the buttons will work on the remote or on the receiver.

It is stuck on channel 00178 and even switching off the receiver from the back doesnt help. It will turn off... it says boot when it turns back on and it goes back to 178 and still nothing works. I cant change the channel, I cant get info, or the guide, I cant go to the pvr files... nothing.

What do I do?!?

Gold Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 2019
Please try turning OFF your receiver and leave it aside for a minute or 2. Then, turn ON and re-load the latest bin.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 11107
If AV's suggestion des not work, you will have to load the factory BIN and then load the latest.

Silver Member
Username: Tinfish

Post Number: 149
hi has this happened to anyone else? does the method to reset work? what does one do if the receiver doesnt respond to anything?

Bronze Member
Username: Rampeij

Post Number: 30
Turn off the VS Pro from the switch in the back, unscrew the coaxial cable from the satellite, and turn on the box.

Do not put the cable back in. Load the latest bin.

After the reboot, turn off the switch, screw the coaxial cable back in and turn on the box again.

Silver Member
Username: Addtemp

Post Number: 166
Well new File is already out but you still have to UnPlug the Satellite cable from the back reboot update the new file and then youa re all set

Bronze Member
Username: Wabash

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 83
What worked for me was switching it off in the back, then switching it back on with the dish cable off or quickly changing to a free-signal channel like channel 100. I'm limited to watching the six mini-feeds there or the old recordings on my PVR drive. Hopefully we'll get a quick solution

Bronze Member
Username: Wabash

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 85
BTW, where is the new file available, Aamir?

Silver Member
Username: Halo

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 562
new files available at www.dishkeys.co.nr!

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1712
tin fish...I gave this advice to another guy with "frozen" receiver for VS pro. Use the VSPROLoader(serial port loader) then newest file. He said it worked for him. Give it a try

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1713
also use the factory bin first VSPRO Factory Bin File - V106

Bronze Member
Username: Thadragun

Kingston, Ontario

Post Number: 60
Thx. All I had to do was unplug the coax satellite cable and power off then on again.

What would make it do that?

Silver Member
Username: Tinfish

Post Number: 150
Thank you all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us