Just some poopy

Silver Member
Username: Psychmonster

Rhodium Member aint nuthin...

Post Number: 844
noticed that my 2500 in the BR is dropping some channels, like foxmovies and some others including some por4ns...PPV all up...just uploaded the new JVVH 274 puff and still the same...this bin must only enable bev...does nothing for DN...still watching all in main room on different box..

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2762
psychmonster
Try to reversed Vertical and Horizontal on these Tps

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 785
or the channels moved to different transponders and the other stb has working auto tp update and the 2500/clone needs a fresh sat scan.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1693
I notice on the new VS Etreme bin there isn't any Bev just DN.
I dont know about anyothers . We are right now hooking up an elitpical dish with 3 slots and a bracket so we can use 5 LMBS if we wanted.

I do have a question about this. The Guy at the store told my hubby that one slot was for DTV ( 101 ) on the plastic holder for the LMBs. Its writen right on it from (left to right) A# 101... B# 110...C# 119. On the metal bracket that screws ontop of the holder he wrote on it from (left to right).82 Bev... 91 Bev... 101 DTV... 110 DN... 119 DN.
OK my question is.Can we use the 101 slot for ANY Lmbs say for BEV or DN?
Nothing looks right to me so just wonder? We also bought an indoor switch for 4 cables.
All we really want to get is Bev nimiq#1(91) DN 110 and 119 maybe another nimiq.

Silver Member

Post Number: 846
will delete and recan...thanks to all...Doreen...I don't see why not..the lnbs won't be compatible as you may thought it did. only the parabola are ok. directv use 22khz tone, BEV does not. LNBs will work, switches won't-..here is an old p&c from long ago...it may be outdated "There are two kinds of LNBs for BEV/Dish.
BEV & DirecTV Legacy LNB:
There are the older design (nothing wrong with 'em) "Legacy LNB" which have been around for years.
The are -electrically- interchangable with DirecTV LNBs. (see below)
Mechanically, the BEV/Dish LNBs want to mount on a "D"-shaped arm, and the DirecTV LNBs have a rectangular mounting base for a rectangular arm.
(see pictures on internet - Google is your friend)
These LNBs select left or right circular polarization based on the voltage sent up the coax to them.
The two voltages are nominally 13 and 18 volts.
Over long cable runs, there is some voltage drop and the LNB may not be able to see the higher voltage and change modes.
If you want to bring both left and right polarized signals to your switch or receiver at the same time, you would need two cables.

BEV/Dish LNBs with DishPro Logo:
To increase cable run length, and reduce the number of cables from LNB to switch, DishPro LNBs and switches were developed.
The left and right polarized signals are both available on the cable at the same time.
They are just translated to different frequency ranges.
One is higher than the other, requiring higher performance cable.
This is called "bandstacking".
Now, one cable can carry both left and right polarized signals at the same time.
Voltage drop on long cable runs is no longer a problem, lending to 200 foot lengths.
All DishPro equipment relies on this feature.

Mix & Match:
Normally, you cannot mix Legacy and DishPro LNBs, switches, and receivers.
Legacy switch examples are: SW21, SW42, SW64
DishPro switch examples are: DP21, DP34, DP44
Note the "SW" and the "DP" (hope I got those model numbers right) ;)

BEV receivers prior to the 3100 were Legacy-friendly, only.
3100's and later, will take -either- Legacy or DishPro LNB/switches.

There are both Legacy and DishPro LNBs which see just one satellite, with one or two connectors.
The confusing name for these are "single" and "dual" (for number of connectors)
Then there are "Twin" and "Quad", which look at two satellites and have either two or four connectors.
Twins and Quads have been built in Legacy and DishPro models, as well.

DirecTV antennas:

The American DirecTV satellite service has three antenna.
The oldest is an 18" dish (http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Winegard/Winegard-18-Inch+Antenna.htm) with one legacy LNB. (sound familiar?)

Then there was a big (possibly 24x36) dish sporting two or three LNBs. The 101 and 119 LNBs are legacy. These were known as "Para Todos" or "Phase II" antennas.
similar to: Phase II (http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?CAT=&PROD=SACGAINCOMBO) .

And now there is a smaller (about 18x20) dish with a single LNB block that looks at three satellites and has a 4-output switch. This is known as the Phase III (http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/KTI/KTI-DIRECTV-HDTV-Phase-III-Triple-LNB-Dis h-Antenna.htm) antenna.

What works:

The little 18" dish/LNB is interchangable with BEV/Dish 18" sporting legacy LNBs.
It's no better, and no worse. Just has a different logo on it. ;)

The Phase II (Para Todos) dish/LNB has its two legacy LNBs mounted farther apart than 9 degrees.
If you move the LNBs to the appropriate spacing, this dish will work fine on 82/91, and may have some increased signal.

Under no circumstances is the DirecTV Phase III assembly useful on BEV/Dish.

Silver Member

Post Number: 847
PS...Doreen...I heard a loud collective snap when you said " My Hubby"...I heard an electrical breaker noise , much like like breaking hearts eminatining from India in Sada's districtUpload

Bronze Member
Username: King_of_rats

Post Number: 12
lol....psychmonster is hitting on Doreen.......

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1694
"my hubby" Does that concern you psychmonster? Aww shucks.... I didn't realize you cared

P.S. PIST>>>>>> I am NOT married!

Oh and BTW ... thanks for the info and links

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts