HDTV's HDMI picture going in and out?

Username: Spankyjnco

Post Number: 1
I was JUST watching it fine, no problems. I swapped to a different video source to check something, when I swapped back there was no sound and the picture comes up for 3-4 secs and goes out for 3-4 seconds... during the time its out, even the TV menu goes black, its just a black screen. I have tried a different cable, re-connected everything, turned the TV off, unplugged it, nothing is working. All my other video sources are working fine, anyone got an idea? Im about to punch the guy that sold me the TV.

The HDMI has worked flawlessly for the past 3 weeks!

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2286
­
When everything is cold, first turn on the TV and have it on the appropriate HDMI input. After the TV is going work backward and power up the receiver (if you have HDMI going through one) and finally power up the HDMI source itself.

If the same problem happens again as you describe above, then leave the TV powered up and on the HDMI input. Turn off the HDMI source for a few seconds and then turn it back on again.

This may not work, but it's worth a try.
­

Username: Spankyjnco

Post Number: 2
Hey guys, I read somewhere about domething called HDPC or something, a protection feature when swapping between HDMI and non HDMI that will cause this to protect your TV or something? I unplugged my TV for 1 minute (the timeout?) and it worked fine. Thanks for the help everyone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us