PANSAT 2700 QUALITY PROBLEMS

Username: Bullet001

Post Number: 1
CHECKIN OUT FRIENDS AND GET NO QUALITY.LEVEL IS GREAT. HOOK MINE BACK UP WITH SAME SETTINGS AND WORKIN FINE.DID FACTORY RESET BUT NO LUCK. WHAT AM I MISSING? TAKE IT EASY ON ME ,STILL RELATIVLY NEW AT THIS. TY

Silver Member
Username: Tale

Post Number: 176
There are several indications that you may need to replace the c13 and c14 capacitors in your receiver. The most common symptom is a sudden loss of picture reception and the QUALITY reading constantly jumping anywhere between 0 and 99%.

Other symptoms reported have been loss of some stations along with numerous bad or scrambled signal messages, constant pixalization of picture, and sudden low drop of Quality signal when nothing else has been changed, etc. Note, while these last symptoms may indicate a capacitor problem they can also be caused by other things.

As long as you are in the process you should replace both capacitors even if you think only one is bad.

The process to replace is very simple and does not require any electrical knowledge other than how to use a soldering iron....

Silver Member
Username: Tale

Post Number: 177
Here I found it !!!
C/P :
How to change Capacitors C-13 and C-14 in a Pansat 2700

You will usually have a 99% Level & 0 Quality.

Troubleshooting:

Before you start this do it yourself repair, make sure your Pansat is disconnected from the electrical outlet.

You will need a low voltage soldering iron, solder and the 2 replacement capacitors.

The problem is 2 capacitors that are leaking or swollen. Location- C-13 & C-14 on the smaller gold circuit board that connects to power supply.

1. Remove the cover from your receiver. There are 2 screws, one on each side and 1 small screw on back in the middle at the top.

2. Once the cover is removed, you have access to the circuit boards.
There is 1 main green board and 1 smaller gold one. This is the one to look at. In my unit C-13 & C-14 capacitors were 470uf at 16V.
If they are swollen or leaking they have to be replaced. The tops of the capacitors should be flat and not (domed) rounded. Look at all the capacitors and notice that they are flat on top. I got my replacements at Radio Shack. They had the 470uf value, but the voltage rating was a little higher. A higher voltage rating is fine.

3. Remove the 2 screws that hold the circuit board. Use thin nose pliers and press in the retaining clips opposite the screws that may be holding the board in. Carefully lift out the board.

4. You now have access to the under side of the pcboard.
The capacitors have a positve and a negative lead and it is important to note which hole the positive lead goes in and which hole the negative lead goes in. Look close at the capacitors you are replacing. On the side you will see which lead is positive and which is negative. The replacements must be put in the same way.

Write down on a piece of paper the placement of the positive and negative leads. Make sure you are working with the right capacitors before you start heating them up for their removal.

Carefully heat up the capacitor leads until the solder has melted. Gently pull out the capacitor. You may have to heat the lead again if the solder hardens before you have removed the capacitor all the way.

5. Before you put the new capacitors in the pcboard, make sure the negative lead is in the correct hole. There is a white stripe or a minus sign on the side of the capacitor that is negative.
Insert your new capacitors into the C-13 & C14 holes where you removed the old ones.

You might need a someone to assist you in holding things in place while you work if you are inexperienced at electronic replair. Ask then to hold the capacitor close to the pcboard while you solder underneath.

6. Doulde check your new capacitors to make sure each lead is soldered in place tight. Use tiny sidecutters and clip the extra wire lead off.

7. Remount the pcboard back in carefully. Press it down on the retaining clips, then re-install the 2 screws. Put the cover back on and you are finished.
You should have proper level & quality again!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us