New ECM explained

Bronze Member
Username: Ash64

Post Number: 82
Thanks to satnow*info, here is the info :
------------------------------------------------------

To explain this new DN PID 0106 keys... and Bev PID 0907 DN has introduced a new secondary key code and provider PID 0106...the usual main PID (Provider ID) is 0101...normally we change the keys and auto roll to keys 0101, which we must ALWAYS still keep updated and current...but with this new PID (introduced originally 22 October) we cannot change these keys, and the auto roll doesn't input them, so a NEW bin is required whenever DN changes the keys in PID 0106...The new PID can be used on any specific channels that DN want to , so in many cases DN will input them on the PPV's, adult channels,and international channels..so that's why U can get the regular channels with the older bins, but need a new bin for the channels that (DN) uses the new PID 0106 keys now... The same thing applies to Bev PID 0907 secondary keys..usually main active Bev keys are 0901, NOT 0907...but Bev can use either or both sets of keys 0901 or 0907....just like DN can with main active keys 0101 and secondary new 0106 keys now..ON ANY CHANNELS THEY CHOOSE, WHENEVER THEY CHOOSE..OR ALL CHANNELS, IF THEY WISH.. AT THIS POINT IN TIME, U MAY OR MAY NOT MANUALLY INPUT THESE SECONDARY DN 0106 AND BEV 0907 KEYS MANUALLY INTO FTA RECEIVERS, BUT NOT SUCCESSFULLY TO CORRECT AN ECM..AND YOU DO REQUIRE NEW FIXES/FILES...BUT SHOULD GET SOME CHANNELS UNLESS THESE SECONDARY KEYS ARE APPLIED TO ALL CHANNELS... Let me explain now how the keys work... To get tv the receiver has to perform decryption which consists of many steps, lets call these steps :Steps 1 to 11 (I said 11 which is more than I think, but there has been so many changes in the last 2 years that things have gotten really out of hand when it comes to counting them, so I'm just picking higher number) Step 1,2,3 is the Primary decryption that uses 0101 keys....after this step some channels already work (including all audio channels) Steps 4->11 is Additional decryption which when active (not right now may5/1:45pm, this is why all channels now work) are used on majority of all video channels. Since last November, every time a mecm comes, that mecm is only used in Step 7 or 8 and for that step, and that step only, the new key 0106 is needed. The full emu would require a careful and complete processing of that very step 7/8 and although that is not very difficult it does pose some troubles here and there.

Bronze Member
Username: Lklies

Post Number: 21
Very good explanation, Ash

Bronze Member
Username: Kocsuckercartier

Post Number: 18
Blacklist has the full emu .......never down !

Silver Member
Username: Dishlover

Toronto, Ontario Canad

Post Number: 173
Excellent

Username: Wanabe

Post Number: 2
Thank you for the break down It really is good to know that forum members can help us better understand the FTA politics.

Gold Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 1118
brackwrist is my hero

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2710
I told yo there was something being tested at DN above 12600MHz
Link is deleted 4/22/08

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2946
LMAO
I was wondering when u would come. U also told us the end of PTA was comming in Oct 07. But maybe u were really really serious about this? This is nothing new, just implementing it differently this time. IMO

Silver Member
Username: Rossyjess

Post Number: 344
good explanation

Silver Member
Username: Rufa33

Post Number: 232
That make some sense.

Bronze Member
Username: Tru_luv_007

BeirutLebanon

Post Number: 21
hmmmm... what....

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS!!!!

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2712
It's a new ECM

Upload

BEV and DN Strike back

Upload

No PPVs and premium only locals
Hide the Girl and wait for new BIN

Upload

I'll bring the Girl and PPV back to Dry Land
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2135
LOL KING

King i founded some new Free to air today

Sorry for your Rangers
And Canadiens too

Bronze Member
Username: Tru_luv_007

BeirutLebanon

Post Number: 26
hehehe!

no TV! for the freeloader!!!

ahhhhhhh!!! sorry perrvert!!!

still time to rundown to your old fav video store!

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2713
Let me explain Providers 0101 and 0106 in Layman's terms cuz first post of this thread don't know much about electronics nor encryption techniques

Provider 0101
Which consists of two roll over keys (keys 0 and 1)
Are actually back door keys
Meaning if applied to correct conditional access encryption schemes can unlock encoded encryption
Can be optained via send new data to an assigned storage similar methode to EPG data update
Final hashed keys work like a PASSWORD
Locks or Unlocks secure door
It's known as backdoor cuz front door is for paid subscribers

Provider 0100 is a mirror image to 0101 to be used as a storage of previous condition for calculating future condition (basically usless for users)

Provider 0106
Makes the the assigned storage as a variable field instead of fixed
It also changes each or all frequency channels slightly
Changing freq slightly can through off signal quality
0106 is maily to change hardware parameters
Only way to apply using new spoof bin
Changing code won't help

I have no doubt that Nagra used some of these techniques to N2
I do think it's a mistake by Nagra as they are teaching coders new techniques that were supposely applied to N3

N3 is in the stream
It could only mean they'll use it
I just don't know why there is a hold back
Unless if they want to announce on May 17th I guess
Only as a hunch

Bronze Member
Username: Poopoohed

Post Number: 70
thnx 4 the info more "testers" need to be this concise and less flamers taking up bandwidth

Bronze Member
Username: Lklies

Post Number: 61
Thanks ...King

Silver Member
Username: Kingsatman

One_eye_jack

Post Number: 284
Thanks ...King
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts