Help.. How to add Anik/F3 to Pansat 3500SD

Username: Jj3001

Post Number: 9
After getting all the useful information about the Anik-F3 so I decided to add this to my pansat3500SD so I can get back those international channels.
Last night, I tried to add this Anik-F3 to my pansat3500SD and here was the steps and problems I ran into:

1) Went to installation screen
2) Edit TP/Satelitte
3) pick add new
4) Entered the Anik-F3/Ku as the name of the sat.
5) I was prompted for the following:

Down Frequency: 0 MHz
Symbol Rate: 0 MSPS
Polarity: Horizontal

What should I enter for all these three?

Then I decided to just leave it as is and go to blind scan, then I realized that the degree shows for the Anik-F3 which the sat I just added is 117.8 and not the 118.7, what did I do wrong?

Please help, if you know the right way to add this Sat 118 to my pansat3500SD so I can watch those international channels.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 625
that sat is in the lineup, right under E*7,
enter lnb type and diseqc port

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10284
CB2008A
This is the LNB for the new 118W (Anik F3 / 118.7W / 118.8W) satellite. With this special LNB, you can get BOTH 118 and 119 at the same time!

Works with both Free-to-Air and Original DN Receivers!
Requires: 30-inch or larger dish. 20' oval may work but is unreliable and YOU WILL MISS some channels.
Compatible with DirecTV, Free-to-Air (DiSEqC, 22KHz), and
legacy switches (SW21, SW44, etc)
Not compatible with DishPro switches and/or DishPro (stacked) LNB's

SPECS

Polarization: Circular
Input Frequency: 11.70 - 12.75 GHz
LO Frequency: 10.750 GHz
Noise: 0.5 dB

Dual-output (ready for 1 or 2 receivers). Each output will give you both 118.7W and 119W.

SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
Using a 30-inch or larger dish, aim with the following settings:

Satellite Name: 118A°W (Anik F3) or 119A°W (Echo7)
LNB Type: Standard (or Single)
LO Frequency: 10750 or 10600 MHz
Finally, do an AUTO SCAN or a BLIND SCAN

For some the following settings may work better or give you more channels:

LNB Type: Universal
LO Frequency: 9750 MHz
HI Frequency: 11750 MHz

ALTERNATIVE SETUP
The lnb is good for 118.7, but may not receive all channels/transponders for 119 as the highest frequency of the LNB is 12.2 GHz. The normal 119 LNB goes up to 12.70 GHz. According to lyngsat (http://www.lyngsat*com/packages/dish119.html) the highest transponder frequency in use now is 12.516GHz.

You may get around this by doing two scans. One with LNB frequency set at 10750 or even lower and then another scan with LNB frequency set at 11250. alternatively scan each one of the missing transponders of Echo 9 separately using LNB frequency 11250.

WHERE TO BUY: You can try ebay , search for Superdish type1 to 500+ repoint kit -part 148328. This contain the LNBs to retrofit the Superdish. If you have a 33" dish (other than Superdish) you can get the CB2008A lnb which will get 118.7 and 119. CB2008A is available at ebay and many other online stores. <b> this is one of the hottest items on the market, so please do not ask '" just Google for it and you will find it.

MECHANICAL CONSIDERATIONS: CB2008A cannot directly replace the 119 LNB on the Superdish. Superdish lnb for 119 has a special bracket. If you are good mechanically ,you could probably figure a way to mount it on the Superdish; - it is not impossible. Iit requires a rectangular mount similar to those of DTV. The mount for Dish LNB have one side that is semicircular.
If you have a Superdish the best bet it to get the Superdish type1 to Dish 500+ repoint kit part#148328.

Silver Member
Username: Postergirl1

Post Number: 373
FU-K Nalin . I can't believe you had the nerve to do a drive by post after the sh*t you did yesterday and last night.
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10288
Caution:
There are many on this forum whose only purpose in life is to try and ruin my posts or discredit me. The write up above is modified (deliberately) from what is already available and posted in another very reputable forum over 6 months ago. I have checked each statement to make sure it conforms to my own knowledge about it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
Your smoke and mirror tactics wont work anymore .Typical raghead tactics .
YOUR BUSTED DN MOLE !

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10292
CB2008A
This is the LNB for the new 118W (Anik F3 / 118.7W / 118.8W) satellite. With this special LNB, you can get BOTH 118 and 119 at the same time!

Works with both Free-to-Air and Original DN Receivers!
Requires: 30-inch or larger dish. 20' oval may work but is unreliable and YOU WILL MISS some channels.
Compatible with DirecTV, Free-to-Air (DiSEqC, 22KHz), and
legacy switches (SW21, SW44, etc)
Not compatible with DishPro switches and/or DishPro (stacked) LNB's

SPECS

Polarization: Circular
Input Frequency: 11.70 - 12.75 GHz
LO Frequency: 10.750 GHz
Noise: 0.5 dB

Dual-output (ready for 1 or 2 receivers). Each output will give you both 118.7W and 119W.

SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
Using a 30-inch or larger dish, aim with the following settings:

Satellite Name: 118A°W (Anik F3) or 119A°W (Echo7)
LNB Type: Standard (or Single)
LO Frequency: 10750 or 10600 MHz
Finally, do an AUTO SCAN or a BLIND SCAN

For some the following settings may work better or give you more channels:

LNB Type: Universal
LO Frequency: 9750 MHz
HI Frequency: 11750 MHz

ALTERNATIVE SETUP
The lnb is good for 118.7, but may not receive all channels/transponders for 119 as the highest frequency of the LNB is 12.2 GHz. The normal 119 LNB goes up to 12.70 GHz. According to lyngsat (http://www.lyngsat*com/packages/dish119.html) the highest transponder frequency in use now is 12.516GHz.

You may get around this by doing two scans. One with LNB frequency set at 10750 or even lower and then another scan with LNB frequency set at 11250. alternatively scan each one of the missing transponders of Echo 9 separately using LNB frequency 11250.

WHERE TO BUY: You can try ebay , search for Superdish type1 to 500+ repoint kit -part 148328. This contain the LNBs to retrofit the Superdish. If you have a 33" dish (other than Superdish) you can get the CB2008A lnb which will get 118.7 and 119. CB2008A is available at ebay and many other online stores. this is one of the hottest items on the market, so please do not ask '" just Google for it and you will find it.

MECHANICAL CONSIDERATIONS: CB2008A cannot directly replace the 119 LNB on the Superdish. Superdish lnb for 119 has a special bracket. If you are good mechanically ,you could probably figure a way to mount it on the Superdish; - it is not impossible. Iit requires a rectangular mount similar to those of DTV. The mount for Dish LNB have one side that is semicircular.
If you have a Superdish the best bet it to get the Superdish type1 toDish 500+ repoint kit part#148328.

Caution:
There are many on this forum whose only purpose in life is to try and ruin my posts or discredit me. The write up above is modified (deliberately) from what is already available and posted in another very reputable forum over 6 months ago. I have checked each statement to make sure it conforms to my own knowledge about it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us