Pansat 2500A question for African

Bronze Member
Username: Kellergirl

Post Number: 48
Before I ask, I want to say I am sorry for being rude on earlier posts. But I did so because I asked a question, and was bashed like I was stupid. I am a newbie to FTA, and do not know much yet. Anyway, I recently bought a Pansat 2500A. How can I tell if it has been coverted to 2700? In System Info, it says:
X-85BL
APJ:2.93a-EU
Boot Ver:6.0
11-4-2007
Future-FTA.info
Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2458
i wish i could help you,but i don't know a single thing about the processor on it,maybe if you hang around the original Nalin Nyda can help you,he is good at pansat

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2845
when u turn it on from the back it will scroll across the screen b-75 a couple times. If so, load the new files using the bl loader from any fta site.

Silver Member
Username: Jwl1

Post Number: 273
I believe the answer is no, since the boot version does not 'state' 75.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 52
Ok, I think I updated to puff. When I turn it on from the back, PUFF rolls across the screen. If it is now puff, do I have to have a special bin? Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
Kellergirl, yes you do. You can only use Puff bins. You will know if it is puff by resetting the system from the back, as it will say puff on the front of the receiver. Don't load any bins until you know 100 percent.

Did you buy the receiver new? Puff wasn't around in November of 2007.

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
Kellergirl--I got confused with the date being November instead of April. However, it still reads 2007. Therefore, apparently the date needs to be corrected.

At first I thought it could be a puff because of the 60 boot, but when I saw a 2007 date, I said no, because the puff wasn't available then.

As you probably know, the current bin in 262 PUFF.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10113
Kellergirl:
X-85BL
APJ:2.93a-EU
Boot Ver:6.0
11-4-2007
Future-FTA.info

X-85BL means the author of th eBIN is BL, the recognised official writer of BINs for Pansats.
APJ:2.93a-EU means it is the BIN version 293. Absence of "t" at the end of 293 means that is is the original unaltered version (which has a clone killer in it).
The last BIN for Pansat 2500 A was version 294
Boot Ver:6.0 means that it works if you have Boot b60 installed in the receiver.
11-4-2007 Future-FTA.info
This BIN was released on 4th Novemebr, 2007 by future-fta.info, the official site for Pansat files.

You need to convert to 2700 workalike using a conversion kit and method.
I prefer that people install a "t: version of BIN before starting to convert. You can instal 294t, which you will find in the "revert to 2500" or b60 section of the kits in the URL below.

The b75 type of conversion works. The latest is PUFF type of conversion.

LZMA was good but the coders have stopped supporting it.

Please read th einstructions properly and conver to either b75 BOOT and b75 BIN or PUFF boot and PUFF BIN.
The latest BINs are version 262 in the appropriate type.

Please see my next post for further details.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10114
Everything for 2500/Flu to 2700 conversion in one package.

Instructions included.

Either b75 or PUFF. LZMA version not available yet.

http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit

You must select whether you want to have the old b75 files or PUFF files or PUFF_LMZA FILES.
If you have b75 boot, you must use b75 section for b75 BINs or
you must convert to PUFF boot to use PUFF BINs
If you have PUFF boot, you must use PUFF BINs.
If you do not have PUFF BOOT, you MUST first conver to PUFF BOOT using the 640 K 253 version file before installing the latest.

Read the instructions properly in the section you have chosen.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15355
Jvvh-Team-PUFF Conversion made simple & 261 bins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your box is still using original software such as Boot60 and/or 293/294t type bins and you want to convert your box to PUFF, you MUST fisrt load the b75_m 64k bootfile using UkRoNiCs BOX Updater.420. set to Boot and box ON completely (Straight-through cable) *Check your COM settings* hit the write button..box will reboot (B-75 B-75) continue on by loading in the jvvh_208_1.bin, same loader, but turn box OFF/On from main power, and at first display of lights on the front (or first 'b') *same COM settings* hit the write button..box will again reboot (B-75 will stick on 5 for 30 seconds) then come ON.

U have just finuished converting your old 2500 receiver to a Converted B75 2700 receiver..

Proceed to step #2 for Puff, if ya want..or just leave it as is , for a B75 converted 2500-2700, and use B75 2700 CONVERTED latest files..and watch TV

Converting to PUFF_1.0.1 from any (B-75/Lzma/Old Puff)*with the exception listed above*

The most common factor lately, seems to be the loaders that work for some and not for others... thats a matter of trial and error on your part. The ones I have listed have been tested and work for me, so if it works for you...use it. Or READ around they're easy to find.
If you keep a channel list...save it before proceeding as this following will WIPE CLEAN any and all settings you had.
Open UkRoNiCs BOX Updater .420. select -Ukr_PUFF1.0.1_ConvertBOX.bin- 1mb
OFF/On....on fisrt lights hit the write button...box will reboot into 'rolling PUFF'--this indicates 'waiting for PUFF bin'.
Using same loader..no need to OFF/ON the box at this point (but it wont kill it if you do),
select the Team-PUFF bin of choice up to the latest 261 (unless otherwise posted by us)
hit the write button when ready, box will again reboot, will pause of last 'F', and turn ON.
This brings up the language screen and the rest is up to you.
BTW* no need to set default keys--but couldnt hurt*

all the files U need are here too..
[link removed]

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10115
LK: I have just pointed out to this person the full kit and instructions.

Last time you were bashing her.
Now because I have posted details you have to start posting again and confuse her.

SO, IDIOT, YOU SHUT UP.
You have nothing for what you call "pancraps", and that is a well documented fact

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 53
Thanks a lot Nalin, I appreciate it.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 54
How do I install Channel Master on the box?

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 55
Now the boot version says 75. Do I still use Puff bin? Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15361
Converting to PUFF_1.0.1 from any (B-75/Lzma/Old Puff)

The most common factor lately, seems to be the loaders that work for some and not for others... thats a matter of trial and error on your part. The ones I have listed have been tested and work for me, so if it works for you...use it. Or READ around they're easy to find.
If you keep a channel list...save it before proceeding as this following will WIPE CLEAN any and all settings you had.

Open UkRoNiCs BOX Updater .420.

select -Ukr_PUFF1.0.1_ConvertBOX.bin

Using rear switch OFF/On....on first lights hit the write button...box will reboot into 'rolling PUFF'--this indicates 'waiting for PUFF bin'.

Using same loader..no need to OFF/ON the box at this point (but it wont kill it if you do),select the Team-PUFF bin of choice up to the latest 262

hit the write button when ready, box will again reboot, will pause of last 'F', and turn ON.

BTW...no need to set default keys--but couldnt hurt*

[link removed]

Silver Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 899
Converting to PUFF_1.0.1 from any (B-75/Lzma/Old Puff)

Open UkRoNiCs BOX Updater .420.

select -Ukr_PUFF1.0.1_ConvertBOX.bin

Using rear switch OFF/On....on first lights hit the write button...box will reboot into 'rolling PUFF'--this indicates 'waiting for PUFF bin'.

Using same loader..no need to OFF/ON the box at this point (but it wont kill it if you do),select the Team-PUFF bin of choice up to the latest 262

BTW...no need to set default keys--but couldnt hurt*

[link removed]

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10135
Kellergirl: Channel Master is available from
http://www.sharpc.com
It comes with extensive documentation.
The part some people are not clear about is:
If you had a 2500/flu to start with, you will use the same cable (straight RS232) even after the conversion.
However, in the software you will tell CM that you have a"Pansat 2700 or 3500"
The other thing that is not clearly visible - To "Read from STB" or "Write to STB", you have to click on "Tools" in the header.

Silver Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 141
More bashing by b*tch queen Nalin

Silver Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 119
More horsing around by greg raf

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 147