SV 4000 won't scan

Username: Canuck1957

Post Number: 1
I have a sonicview 4000 for about a year. I can scan, by using the instructions, echo 7 and nimiq perfectly. For some reason when I go to delete echo 6,8 sat before a scan it freezes and locks up. I've scanned it before but for the past month or so this has been happening. Any help would be appreciated....thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2369
i don't know why you want to delete channels and scan,
you keep on playing with receiver you end up in trouble
go ahead and do factory reset and load factory bin and load latest bin,it should be good and quit playing with deleting and rescanning

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9884
I have seen it happen with the last few BINs - Try to do a blind scan and it locks for ever on some TPs.
Go through each TP one at a time manually to overcome the problem.

Username: Canuck1957

Post Number: 2
been using this guide.......

Make sure the sat you want to rescan is highlighted at the top.
Click OK
Another menu will pop up.
Make sure the sat you want to rescan is highlighted there as well. Down arrow until it is.
Press green button on remote.
When the Delete Satellite screen pops up, make sure "yes" is highlighted and click OK (Don't worry, you are just deleting the channels that were scanned in, not deleting the actual satellite from your receiver)
Click Exit
Input the settings you wrote down earlier by using the down arrow to get to the settings to be changed and right clicking until the settings show up correctly. (You DID write them down..right?)
After the settings are correct, then press the Red button on the remote and the channels and transponders will be scanned in. This will take a minute or two.
When complete, a window will pop up asking you "Do you want to save?" Click OK
Turn the LNB power back on for the other satellite you are aimed at.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us