CS 5000, no more support?

Bronze Member
Username: Fuji905

On Canada

Post Number: 50
waiting for a file for the past few outages now. Is this receiver now obsolete?

Platinum Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2332
copy psate from f2atv officila site for c00lsat/norw group

Looks like support for these boxes are gone.

From what i have read there were two people at the norw release site that put bins out for these boxes,the boss and topcat.

Here is a c/p quote from topcat explaining why he did what he did....

start quote---
I can tell you that myself and the Boss did what we did for one reason Only ! And that reason is our Loyalty to our members ! And thats the ONLY Reason.
I can understand not wanting to support the 4k any longer because its been around three plus years but IMHO to cut support for the 5 & 6k models was not right ! It was Their fault they did not secure All the chip sets not the buyers ! Those units where still for sale a few short months before they wanted to stop support and thats why we reacted the way we did !
Now that I have made this statement do me a favor PLEASE don't turn this into a Thank You TopCat thread !! I don't do what I do for the Glory ! I do it ONLY because I like Helping people !
end quote.

Maybe somebody will pick up support for these later on,but for right now things dont look good for us who own the 4,5 and 6000,but thats why i say if your going test always have more then one option,because in this hobby things are always changing.

Bronze Member

On Canada

Post Number: 51
thanks African, I take it I can find the file at f2atv?

Bronze Member

On Canada

Post Number: 52
African, still can't find a file newer than 3-10.

Platinum Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2334
kris,
what the thread is saying is no more files for these models
sorry

Bronze Member
Username: Buyer2007

Post Number: 67
Actually African, this is what one of the mods there just said:

Why dont you pruchase another make or model, you can always use the C0olsat for a backup or in another room, cottage, garage or loan out to a friend when it comes back up. It is always good for true FTA sats if it ever comes down to no support. And yes it is still officially being supported.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
Also another post from there 4 hours ago:

It is perception, officially the discontinued models are still reciveing support until other wise announced.

Bronze Member

On Canada

Post Number: 53
so where can I find a new file?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Kris no new file (yet).

Bronze Member
Username: Tekomi_elhoyo

Post Number: 74
Officially, they will say anything to keep the hope up of theowners of older units as to avoid bad press and enable them to keep selling the newer units. The problem is that what they say, and the reality, is totally opposite. Bottomline, Do not buy any more cooltrash, and let them feel your rejection about their rejecting older customers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
I guess you can say the writing is on the wall!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us