LZMA_PUFF recommended

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9479
I was cautious - perhaps overcautious, but it is really very easy to install.
Stick to the Chancy version and instruction this time round (version 258) and you can try the other LZMA BINs later.

The full kit is in the appropriate directory. Download and unzip in a new directory.
Read the instructions in the Instructions.rtf file.

http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit

Bronze Member
Username: Omar_nab

Post Number: 45
hi nalin please which bin work for puff thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 9544
Everything for 2500/Flu to 2700 conversion in one package.

Instructions included.

Either b75 or PUFF or PUFF_ LMZA

You must select whether you want to have the old b75 files or PUFF files or PUFF_LMZA FILES.
If you have b75 boot, you must convert to PUFF boot to use PUFF BINs or PUFF_LMZA BOOT to use LMZA BINs.

Read the instructions properly in the section you have chosen.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.

Silver Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 610
If you listen to nalin, the wicked witch of the north, she will kill your box, send you

to hacked sites and turn you in to DN.

Check her post counts, that is really the number of boxes she has killed. Do you know

when she is going to kill a box.......................The next time she posts and

someone takes her advice.

Stay afrom her advice, she is here to send you to hacked sites and kill your fta box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9573
Everything for 2500/Flu to 2700 conversion in one package.

Instructions included.

Either b75 or PUFF or PUFF_ LMZA

You must select whether you want to have the old b75 files or PUFF files or PUFF_LMZA FILES.
If you have b75 boot, you must convert to PUFF boot to use PUFF BINs or PUFF_LMZA BOOT to use LMZA BINs.

Read the instructions properly in the section you have chosen.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.

Silver Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 618
If you listen to nalin, the wicked witch of the north, she will kill your box, send you

to hacked sites and turn you in to DN.

Check her post counts, that is really the number of boxes she has killed. Do you know

when she is going to kill a box.......................The next time she posts and

someone takes her advice.

Stay afrom her advice, she is here to send you to hacked sites and kill your fta box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9580
Could somebody please call pest control?
application/pdfUpload
vickers_bill_f407003_20050426.pdf (70.8 k)

Silver Member
Username: Imnycusa

Post Number: 133
Hi Nalin,
Ho r u pal. yaar yae haraami bill kia bakwaas karta hay. anyway, just ignore him. I updated flu after the last ECM (March 4, 2008) with Jvvh-Nkk 75254_Eubx, Boot Ver:75. Now my question is what bin i need to install. I am confused if i have to convert the FLU again and then install new bin or i dont have to worry about conversion.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9610
You can just install one 260 bin from the b75 section, or upgrade to PUFF and install the 260_PUFF BIN, or upgrade one stage further to PUFF_LZMA and install the LZMA Bin. for an experienced person like you, I suggest you go for LZMA.
Just get the full_lit from LZMA section and follow the instructions properly.
You should use Channel Master to save, so there will less of panic later.
You can always rescan afterwards.

Bronze Member
Username: Ak2011

Post Number: 35
Downloaded the LZMA bin with boot 60 but now my reciever won't stop with the horizontal night rider lights. Tried rebooting and everything.. nothing will work. please help. Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9620
Did you use the sequential instructions in the Instructions posted with the full_kit?
You are stuck at b60 boot and have to go up through b75 boot, to PUFF boot and then to LZMA.
Just get the full_kit and unzip it into a separate directly and go METHODICALLY
It is simple but there are no short cuts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
will b75 boot work though?
because no file seems to be going though..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9623
Please follow th einstructions from the appropriate section in the public box.
You are at b60 boot only - if that. You can always force a b60 boot again by simultaneously hitting write and turning on back switch.
Make sure you get th eright loader for each action as instructed.
These receivers are very tolerant of abuse. If there is no clone killer areound (and there is none in your case) you are safe.

There are NO short cuts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
yeah i was following the instructions from the beginning. i used the 2500 to 2700 loader converter for the boot 60 and things went haywire from there. the lights never stopped and puff never came up. thats the main problem.
and im trying to do the boot60 agian with the same loader but its not cooperating. Just need some way to get the reciever to show channel or On so i can do teh b75.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9626
C2. Select Chancy's or jvvh 253 boot/Bin 640K file

Did you do that?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
The jvvh boot did the trick.. thankx a lot nalin..!

Username: Tigerchopper

Post Number: 5
after what I thought were successful upgrades to BOTH ,- PUFF and PUFF LZMA -, my receiver lost its signal. 0% . Blind scans were done as well as TP scans with zero reception. I hooked up an old receiver to check for connection and it was over 80%.

I'm running a converted pansat 2500 clone. Followed upgrade instructions precisely and achieved PUFF and PUFF. status showing on display. Anybody with any suggestions as to why I've lost signal? the sky is clear !

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 484
tigerchopper..you already download the lastest Puff bin 260 right??
now you have go back to Antana setup and reset your SAT again..all of those LNB type and Diseqc port thing.

Username: Tigerchopper

Post Number: 6
yes, PUFF and LZMA 260 was used. LNB standard (as per usual ????) No switch is being used. (turn off ???) I've never had to adjust any of these settings before.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9637
If you went all the way up from b75 boot to PUFF_LZMA Boot and 260 BIN - and did not use channel master to load your settings and channels back to the receiver, - well, Mettalica is right. You will have to do default setting, then user setup then dish setup, antenna setup and blind or power scan.
Happy half hour tinkering.

Gold Member
Username: Juancho

De los cerros mas alto..., BINDURABLE.

Post Number: 2807
Now it's better convert you receiver to PUFF ; as it has been chosen to develops things with, Lzma will be used
if we were force to or no choise,( or if you want to continue testing Lzma compression)

Silver Member
Username: Borinick

Post Number: 348
good morning to every one frist i got question . which is better? (Lzma or puff) because for vortex 7700 i need to convert it has B75 on it and which program it's easy to used.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9656
Nick Adan:
Lately I have been recommending PUFF_LZMA i.e. PUFF with LZMA compression.

application/mswordUpload
Conversion_Main_260Z.doc (22.0 k)

Username: Kida22

Post Number: 9
good post nalin i appreciate your dedication on this site. i successfully converted to lzma puff using your box link... its working for me if you follow instruction you will never screw up.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14968
dedication..LMAO..

Nalin is a Dishnet official here posing as a member...she is here solely to monitor you, this site, FTA news, and will eventually kill your receiver with bogus wrongful info..her goal is to kill FTA

This is no joke but factual!

Silver Member
Username: Mkvl1490

Post Number: 140
can somebody give me an estimate on how long this back and forth light will continue

its been like a hour and a few minutes

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14972
U haven't even posted in this thread!...what are U talking about?

If U have nite rider lights...

Dashing (----) nite rider lites fix for all receivers

U have simple nite rider lights (----) on the display window.....box is far from dead...simple fix...use 2 hands...shut off receiver with rear switch...get loader and factory bin ready...with one hand, turn on receiver with rear switch,

IMPORTANT......
IMMEDIATELY at first dash , click loader "download/write" button, with mouse using other hand...and upload the factory fix...its all about timing and being persistent...may take 30 attempts...then reload the latest fix correctly ...

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 149
Thread: TRUE..LK IS THE RAT

keylargo
Username: Key_largo

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 01:49 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"WARNING"
Don't ever log on, click-on or go to any links LK tells you. "HE IS THE RAT"

P.S. They follow your IP address and hunt you down.

P.S.S. But don't worry, if you got $, it talks and you can get off. I know $$$$ Talks, but LK walks.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mkvl1490

Post Number: 141
ok LK, i converted back to 2500 from 2700

the rider lights came on after i loaded boot 60

now u want me to turn it off, back on and load the factory fix once it comes on

then continue with loading jvvh 253 boot/Bin 640K file............ correct

Bronze Member
Username: Tito71

Post Number: 23
Nalin,
I have a question. I have convereted the FLU back from b75 to puff mode. i was trying to download the LAZMA boat file through you instruction step D directly, the file would not load saying that the Puff _BG looder is not responding what should i do
i tried to download the regulat CS buff 60 put it gave me down load error. any advice thanks

Silver Member
Username: Borinick

Post Number: 349
I don't think LK is a rat if you in this forum as long i been before i was a menber i monitor the site almost a year i like to read a lot and most of the stuff that he said is real i just met nalin not long ago but she been real helpful but you never know who really deal with.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2810
Recommending PUFF_LZMA mean
more conversions= more dead
STB's.stop in PUFF conversion and learn.

Bronze Member
Username: Snuffles07

Post Number: 58
So people can find you by your ip address and report the illegal satellite? Good thing I post from school.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9668
Makaveli: When you revert to b60 boot it will give you flashing horizontal light. That is success for that stage of the installation. Nice to make it strong by installing 294T BIN at that point.
You then go to the next stage which is installation of b75
boot. You may stop there and install the b75 latest BIN.
You may continue after installing a B75 BIN and proceeding to install the PUFF boot - you do that with the receiver fully in ON position using the PUFF
Boot/BIN combo - there is choice of two 640K files there for that instalation. You may stop there and install the latest PUFF BIN.
You may then continue and install the PUFF_LZMA boot and then install the PUFF_LZMA BIN.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9669
tam Awad:
If you are at b75 boot stage and want to go on to PUFF, I would say you still install the latest B75 BIN and then proceed to PUFF boot.
If you are at PUFF boot and BIN stage and want to go on to PUFF_LZMA, I would say you still install the latest PUFF BIN and then proceed to PUFF_LZMA boot and then BIN.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2825
Don"t install the Lzma boot.
stay on PUFF, do not proceed
to install PUFF-LZMA boot.
the coders(whom mods the 2700a bin)have chosen PUFF as the compression system to develops rhings with.(Lzma will not be used.unless "they" were force to ,but they don't see that happening).

Is better wait for news from them, very soon
they will decide which one and post it,.this will be a bad news o
good news for many,

Silver Member
Username: Dishlover

Toronto, Ontario Canad

Post Number: 169
JVVH-Team-PUFF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************************

There is just WAY too much confusion being caused these days on how to convert the boxes from point A to point B
and back again, so in an effort to keep things together and organised better in a way that is good for everyone and is user-friendly;
Fwank7, Nkk_Mty and myself are working together and will keep things going strong...

As posted else-where, LZMA compression is ONLY out because I released it and should NOT have (it was just a test to see if it was possible)--(nobody's perfect)...but the fact is, we don't need it (and probly won't)
as new ideas have shown that much more is possible with PUFF--and it's faster then LZMA--as a result of that:
we have finally decided that PUFF will be the main method and will keep Lzma just as a backup in case we need it since PUFF gives more advantage and safety for the end users and the compression itself is easier to work with and does the task at hand.

So from this point on, anything to do with B-75 and LZMA binfiles will not be from us and we assume
no responsability for what others bins may or may not do to anyone's box.

We're not saying we won't help people in need, just that if someone uses a bin not done by us, anything goes,
time will show those who know what their doing and those that don't.

---------------------------------------------------That is why this is called TESTING------------------------------------------------------

Those who wish to TesT the lzma further will have to do so with-out our help, we are focusing on PUFF as a '1 for all'
so everyone runs the same and with as few issues as possible. We hope people can understand why we're doing this
(not that it matters) but WE feel it must be done to cut the confusion to a minimum.

JVVH-Team-PUFF
UkRoNiC
Fwank7
Nkk_Mty

Gold Member

Post Number: 9721
I don't think we have heard th efinal word.
Chancysand has supported only LZMA last two releases.
Saif is toying with another even better compression.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us