Viewsat extream help!

Bronze Member
Username: Willo1

Post Number: 31
i have viewsat extream, when i turned on i can not see any picture. only black white dottss. coming.

i have downloaded latest file 3/28/08. when i download the file. i accidently trun off the receiver and then i cancel download. it download 2%. and i redownload whole file 100%. i think that might be happened. please help me how to fix the reciver. i can turn on the my reciver. it is not burn.

when i tried do download factory file it is not taking and pgm file it is not downloading.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9591
You should try and load the factory BIN using brute force - i.e. you get read and turn on receiver and write click simultaneously.
Do it with the current BIN first and if not successful try with factory BIN.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
thanks nalin, but what is brute force?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
thanks nalin, reciver is working fine now.

Bronze Member
Username: Fattay

Post Number: 48
Nalin,a freind with extreme downloaded latest file,waited for download completion,,,and now has four dashes on receiver,,,and remote won't function. Tried hard reboot,same result. Any suggestions? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9602
Use the "brute force method" He might have to d it several times.
With receiver off, get ready with the BIN and ready to click "Write" using right hand on mouse.
Click and immediately turn on the receiver. Or Turn on receiver and immediately click on the mouse. The idea is to get to the RS232 port before the software in flash kicks in.
In bad cases, do this with factory BIN. Then install latest and restore settings and rescan.
Reports indicate that this method always works if there is power/light showing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us